Experienced Smuggs......but I'm sticking with New Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BWolf View Post
    rapmarks: How about a B&B somewhere you want to visit? You might get a special mid-week rate.
    yes, but at this point I don't know where i want to visit, I now nothing about the area, what would be a could base, or more than one possibliity?

Comment

I hope others give you some suggestions. From Westborough I'd go to either the White Mountains or the Lakes Region. Spend about two days. Go over to Ogunquit, ME and spend the remaining time before driving to the Cape.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
          okay, advice needed. check out in Berkshires on a Friday, Sept 27, go to my son's in Westborough, MA for weekend, maybe stay til Monday afternoon. have til Friday to check into Cape Cod unit.
          so do we just drive around and hope for some hotel finds in New Hampshire, do we bid for something on Priceline?, or do I try to search for a week on RCI knowing I will only use half of it, or try for a last minute exchange with RCI.
          smuggs is available, for 18 tpus right now, but when I saw all the additional fees, i don't need that for two old folks for three days.'we have never really visited new hampshire or vermont
          You never have to pay the extra fees for the Smuggs pass if you don't think you will use it.
          In fact the fee only goes until 9/2 for summer and then doesn't start up in the winter until 11/29. I think there would be decent availability somewhere last minute so you might want to plan on hotels but keep an eye open for last minute openings.

Comment

Pollard Brook is a great resort, we have stayed their numerous times - but my number one choice is South Mountain. It was part of the InnSeason system and now run by BlueGreen. The rooms have all been updated, very spacious, large bathrooms and great kitchens. Don't let the limited kitchen mark in II fool you. I have no idea why they put that, the only thing I can think of is no kitchen table. They have large island with stools.

But, what pushes this into my #1 NH resort over PB is the location. You can't beat it. Right in town. Walk to restaurants, grocery, stores, activities. All right out the door. Also the indoor pool...you never have to leave the building to get to it in the winter!

Comment

can someone in bluegreen rent out a couple of nights at South mountain? Is it really hard to get? I am looking for weekdays, somewhere between Sept 30 thru oct 3 many bluegreen owners mention having extra vacation club points.

Comment

smugglers notch is available sept 27 check in. i would not go til sept 30, 12 tpus and the exchange fee.
                so my question is, it a good base to explore new hampshire and vermont ? when you go there, is it just for skiing and activities ?
                when i look at the cost per night, it is likely to cost quite a bit per night, so am i better off snagging this?

Comment

I don't see any availability around those dates for a two night stay (BG minimum). September 18th is the first, and then nothing until October 15th. Most likely attributable due to being leaf season, and within 45 days for bonus time. However somebody else surely already responded!

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                  can someone in bluegreen rent out a couple of nights at South mountain? Is it really hard to get? I am looking for weekdays, somewhere between Sept 30 thru oct 3 many bluegreen owners mention having extra vacation club points.

Comment

no I have had no responses

Comment

We were there the last week in Sept. ~ perfect for leaf peeping. Explored a lot of VT, don't remember going into NH, although we did make a trip into Canada.
                      Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Comment

Pollard Brook in Lincoln, NH was offering short stay packages with a presentation. Anyone looking for an affordable short stay might check their website.

Comment

tony, I have been trying to find the promotion but no luck, do you have a link? i found one that entitles you to one night stay, is that it?
                          rapmarks
                          Last edited by rapmarks; 08-22-2013, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Can't find the offer in the trash, but I believe it was 2 nights,3days. You might call them here: http://www.innseason.com/isr/special...3_pollard.aspx
                            It may have just been a promo for prior exchangers (we were there last summer).

Upon checking, that offer was received near the end of last month'

Comment

Maybe this can help?

https://packages.endlessvacationrent...mentcurrency=1
                              Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

That's the one I talked about.

Comment

Working...
                                X