Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Europe's Most (And Least) Affordable Cities & Cheapest Airports.....Backpacker 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europe's Most (And Least) Affordable Cities & Cheapest Airports.....Backpacker 2014

Europe's Most (And Least) Affordable Cities, From The European Backpacker Index For 2014

With the New Year come personal resolutions, and for many people that means vows to travel more. A new list aims to help make those goals affordable.

How to use this information

As mentioned at the top, these prices are for a typical group of expenses for a backpacker, and you could even say these are “average prices” for each city, but definitely not “minimum prices.” Those who never drink, only eat two meals a day, and/or skip most museums or attractions can get by on much less. However, if your style of travel is more minimalistic than this, the order of these cities should still be more or less the same.

Each city name is linked to a page that contains specific prices for many more things, and is converted to US dollars or any other currency you wish on a daily basis.

51 European cities by price: Backpacker Index 2014

http://www.priceoftravel.com/1979/eu...kpacker-index/

23 Cheapest European cities and airports to fly into in 2014

And

Cheapest 10 European airports from 6 major US cities

http://www.priceoftravel.com/3468/ch...s-to-fly-into/
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Thanks for the links.........

Comment

Excellent info. Thanks!
      Syd

Comment

Thanks guys......I loved the link for recommended hotels in each city under the "Attractions Transportation Food" section. Lots of good info on value, location, accommodations, reviews, etc.

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
        Thanks for the links.........
        Originally posted by Sydney View Post
        Excellent info. Thanks!
        Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
          I loved the link for recommended hotels in each city under the "Attractions Transportation Food" section. Lots of good info on value, location, accommodations, reviews, etc.
          Love the names - The Funky Chicken Hostel, TNT Hostel, The Monk’s Bunk, Mad Hostel, Wombats City Hostel . The 3 star accommodation breakdown into traveller 'type' is useful too. I've determined that Mature Couples give the lowest rating for cleanliness of all the travellers.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Interesting list. However, I am always suspicious of hostels. Never stayed on one. Are they clean? Do you have to share a room with like 10 others?
            Maybe this is just a prejudice.

Zurich is on the top of the list, I am not amazed. When we went to France, hotel prices in Switzerland prevented us from crossing the border. The cheapest backpackers hotel had poor reviews and was like $85, insane. I wonder how people live there on daily basis and not complain -)

Comment

Working...
            X