Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite and least favorite timeshare.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite and least favorite timeshare.....

What timeshares are your favorites/least favorite, and what makes them so memorable?

Some favorites that come to mind for me would be ....

The Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara.....I loved the 2 bdrm timeshare, and the surrounding areas. Lots of day trips, good food & fabulous shopping.

Disney's Boardwalk Villa.....Although currently in need of a makeover, I love the location close to Epcot, and the general theme of the Boardwalk. Lots of fun memories of my kids at Disney's Boardwalk Villas

Internationally.....Marriott Marbella Beach Club.....I loved the timeshare, and the area has much to offer. Many day trips to various towns, good food, fun & reasonable shopping, as well as other activities such as boating, golf, etc., etc.

Least favorite......Hands down it would be Condorama International, in Beaupre, Quebec.

Although at the foot of Mont Sainte-Ann, and just 30 minutes from Quebec City, the unit itself does not make up for the location. 3 of the 4 bedrooms are in a basement, and the unit was in dire need of updating. We visited last summer during a heat wave, and the unit does not have AC. Our 7 day stay turned into a 2 day stay. We just hated the place.
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

When you posted this, I printed my list of timeshares. I've liked almost all that I've stayed at. We like to go different places and see different things.

If I had to pick only one favorite it would be The Houses at Summer Bay. Stayed there twice and loved the private pool, hot tub and two whirlpool tubs in unit, and garage. The proximity to Disney isn't what makes it great, but the units themselves.

For my least favorites, I tend to agree with Angela, Club Vacancies Toutes Saisons in Beaupre was one of the worst. (Think it is same place, but with different affiliation) Since our goal was to visit Quebec City, we made the best of it. Also on my bad list would be The Villas at Tree Tops. Liked the resort, but the unit was in terrible shape.

Comment

Our favorite, hands down, is the Point at Poipu on Kauai. The ocean front two bedroom units have wonderful views and are among the best around. We like to bring groceries in and do most of our meals in the room. There are some outstanding restaurants nearby, from the lineup next door at the Hyatt, to Roy's and burgers at Bubba's.

The worst was also on Hawaii - big island at Sea Mountain. It was not because of the lack of air conditioning because a nice breeze flowed through the open rooms but all of the furniture was cheap and well used. The remoteness of the place was a real surprise. There are only a couple of local restaurants nearby (10 miles away either direction) and groceries the same distance. The kids were not happy with the lack of "night life" so we got a 1 BR unit at Kona for their social excursions. We had a good time with the Black Sand beach and sea turtles and I loved hiking at the volcano, but not much else that is not a half day drive away.

Tom

Comment

Favorite - Carlsbad Inn but I haven't been to Wave Crest yet....and the people I sent to The Wellington raved about it.
        Worst - Divi Heritage in Barbados.

Comment

I have had a lot of favorites - HGVC Flamingo, Disney Boardwalk Villas, Manhattan Club Penthouse Suites. My least favorite was one I owned - the old Summer Bay in Las Vegas (the old pink motel/apartment buildings) but then Harrah's bought us out and gave us a brand new complex right behind the new Linq. Now called Holiday Inn Vacation Club Desert Club, it is really nice.
          Jacki

Comment

We do not have a favorite timeshare but we have favorite locations where we like to return to year after year. We own one in Laguna Beach (probably our favorite as no flying is involved) and we practically live next door to it but this is on the ocean so feels like being on vacation and it could be far away on any coast.

We love to return to Hawaii every year and own two different type of timeshares there but it is the view what counts. Both are comfortable and clean. We love our timeshare too in Puerto Vallarta because of the view and in walking distance to the Malecon and restaurants. We own a condo there but it is in a newer part of town so a complete different experience.

For us, it is location most of all and not so much the size or brand name of the condo but you want it to be clean and comfortable.

We have never exchanged to a timeshare yet that we didn't like. When we go to another location we go to sight see there and not to relax at the resort. That would be a complete waste of time but having a cup of coffee early in the morning with a view beats having a cup of coffee without a view anytime.

Comment

Fav: Disney's Beach Club
              Least Fav - none, really

Comment

Best -- Villa del Arco , Cabo. The fishing and nightlife. The resort is opulent.
                Marriott Ko Olina. Oahu. The lagoons. Nice enough resort in a great location.

I started thinking about this and really we haven't ever stayed at a resort we didn't like. Some were newer, some were older but all were a blast.

Comment

Loved Plas Talgarth in Wales, and returned several times to the Arroyo Roble, older than some, but large and near the creek. Hated the Sea Side Beach Club in Pompano Beach...filthy and in a very sad state of disrepair when we went many years ago.

Comment

My absolute favorite is Desert breezes in Palm desert, CA. It certainly isn't fancy but it is comfortable, clean, convenient to plenty of great sight seeing, shopping and restaurants. It has nice pools where no one stakes out the lounge chairs with baseball caps or flip flops at 6am and everyone is allowed to bring their floaty toys. The grounds are beautiful and the barbecues are always clean & in working order. And I don't have to endure the current torture of commercial flight to get there. Runner up is San Luis Bay Inn near San Luis Obispo, CA. All rooms have an ocean view, though some are spectacular & others are just a glimpse. The rooms are huge, at least those in the original building, and even the mini suite studios have a full kitchen. The beach is a short east stroll and the little town of Avila is charming. Lots to see within a couple of hours drive at most; Hearst Castle, Solvang, the elephant seals, Pismo Beach, several missions, great wineries. Great golf right next door and hiking trails for every level of walker.

We've never been to a timeshare we considered a dog. Liked them all but there are a few we won't choose again simply because they are not our style. The Westin in Princeville is lovely but there are other timeshares in Kauai we like better.
                    The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

We've stayed in quite a number of timeshares, and never had a bad experience. So, nothing I'd say is my "least favorite."

But, we did just get back from a stay at Disney's Bay Lake Tower in a 2BR for our spring break. That might be our best stay yet.

Comment

I don't have enough data - too many places to go, too little time!!

I love Montecristo & Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Cabo San Lucas. cannot get enough.

least fave? the place was fine, small, clean and basic, cheapo getaway in the area I needed for just me and a block from the ocean, but a small resort in Delray Beach had persistent lizards that kept trying to come home with me in my suitcase.

Comment

So hard to name a favorite. I'd say Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach overall. Wyndham Shearwater for the views. Harborside for the pools and activities. My least favorite is Silverwoods at Treasure Lake. Lovely area, but the timeshare units were in dire need of refurbishment when I stayed there.

Comment

My very favourite would be The Houses of Summer Bay. Loved, loved them!

I have two least favourites, - Silverwoods at Treasure Lake, De Bois, Pennsylvania. It was old, run-down and in the middle of nowhere.

- Celebrity Resort in Reno. It may have a new name now, but it was terrible. it was a poorly renovated motel in a scummy part of the city.
                            They did rentals of many of the units, and were not very particular about the clientele they rented to.

Dori

Comment

Big Cedar

Comment

Working...
                              X