Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite and least favorite timeshare.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our favorite timeshares are the Grand Mayan - Riviera Maya and the Grand Mayan - Nuevo Vallarta. Very upscale with great service. Our least favorite was Berkshire by the Sea in Delray Florida. It was so bad that II refunded our week back to us.
    John

Comment

Our most favorite as a family is probably Christmas Mountain Village, in Wisconsin Dells, but I think it's mostly because it's close to home and has developed nostalgia value, because to be honest it's a nice resort but nothing special. My personal favorite is Harbour Lights, in Myrtle Beach, so long as I have a unit facing the Intercoastal canal, which when we go (September) has just enough traffic to be interesting, but not so much it's annoying. The kids would rather be at Shore Crest, on the beach, but I found Harbour Lights more relaxing. I hate Shore Crest's parking garage, I don't like being so far up all the time -- I like getting up high and having a good look around, but day-to-day I prefer being closer to the ground -- and I like having a bit of a resort to wander (the beach at Shore Crest should compensate, but for me, it doesn't). Plus Harbour Lights has a fairly straight shot to Brookgreen, with Huntington Beach State Park across the street, along with a free State Park Pass, so I can do my favorite things (art and gardens) while the kids do their favorites (bike on the beach, dig in the sand, swim) at the same time!

We've been pretty happy with everywhere we've gone, so not least favorite in the sense of bad resort, but we'll not be returning to the Pines in Mount Jackson, VA, at least with my middle daughter along, because the first time we got there it was dark, and she was miserable from the twisty roads (she doesn't get car sick in the day time, thank goodness). The Pines has units scattered all over this resort area, and some of them would have been okay, but the one we were assigned was way back in the resort -- and much higher in the mountains. Not much view from our unit (too many trees), but a beautiful area; we saw deer nearly every time we went out, usually right in the next yard; the unit itself was fine; love the Shenandoah Valley and we had a great vacation, but those roads just didn't work for us.

Comment

Favorite Resort(s)
        I am pretty location driven so my current favorite is Westin St John...the units are lovely but location/island can not be beat. Bluebeard's BeachClub...small resort right on the beach. Units refurbished, new baths & kitchens, very spacious by studio standards. Morritts Tortuga Seaside Penthouse with loft. View view fish view.

Least favorite(s)
        Marriott's Aruba Surf Club. I just can not take the severe overcrowding on the beach, row after row of palapas and wall to wall people. The units are beautiful but I just do not like the crowded grounds. Greedy Marriott could have built a resort the same size as the Ocean Club next door and have had a fabulous resort.

NEVER EVER stay here. Conomara Country Cottages in Ireland .... Unless you hear they have gutted these cottages, do not stay. My review is on RCI from 2007. Dirty/gross bathrooms and kitchen....bad bad bad.
        We slept in our clothes under piles of blankets as the central heat was broken and all we had was a peat fire and left before 8 am.
        GrayFal
        Silver Contributor and supermoderator
        Last edited by GrayFal; 09-18-2015, 12:18 PM.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
          NEVER EVER stay here. Conomara Country Cottages in Ireland .... Unless you hear they have gutted these cottages, do not stay. My review is on RCI from 2007. Dirty/gross bathrooms and kitchen....bad bad bad.
          We slept in our clothes under piles of blankets as the central heat was broken and all we had was a peat fire and left before 8 am.
          Good to know. I'd like to get back to Ireland sometime in the next few years, so I'll make sure I don't put that one in the search.
          Scott

Comment

Working...
          X