Restful International Flights ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restful International Flights ?

What things do you do to help you rest and make it on long overnight international flights?

Use Frequent Flyer miles to get Business Class pods and sleep.

Comment

I like the window spot so I can shut the screen and lean into the wall. I like the neck dealio and the eye blinders. Ear plugs or good headphones. A shot or two of crown with some advil pm. A seat somewhere near the center of the plane helps. If your in the back the noise from bathroom traffic van be a bummer.

Comment

I think the list is generally a common one and may change based on personal likes. I carry a neck-rest and a book to read and my friend always carries his iPod, the affordable noise isolating headphones that he got from website removed and the eye blinders.
        tonyg
        Goomba & Super Moderator
        Last edited by tonyg; 05-20-2017, 06:55 AM. Reason: remove ebedded web link

Comment

Originally posted by riverdees05 View Post
          What things do you do to help you rest and make it on long overnight international flights?
          Use Frequent Flyer miles to get Business Class pods and sleep
          and/or Ambien
          ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Done a lot of long-haul, mostly to Asia and Australia and, oddly, I tend to sleep better in economy than in business or first. I think the reason is there's so much going on up front or upstairs that the activity keeps me awake. In the back, it's drink, lav, eat, go to sleep. I tend to travel light, especially on mileage runs, and use simple eye shades and my total block corded earplugs that I use in the shop with the machines or at the shooting range.

Light's out, a bit of a buzz from the gin and tonic from the meal and I'm usually out for six to eight hours. While I generally like aisle seats, on long haul I'll sit window so I don't have anyone disturbing me.

The sleep habit is so ingrained that it happens on short haul too, like I'm doing this week. Have an adult beverage before departure and usually I'm asleep by the time the safety demo is over.

Comment

Working...
            X