Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good layover: How adding a stop can benefit your vacation ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good layover: How adding a stop can benefit your vacation ........

Some good advice:

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/a-good...your-vacation/
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

My TATL business trips always qualify under my employers' rules for an overnight rest stop on travel back to the states. I always pick a connection point in Europe that is interesting to visit en route and have used that to overnight in Istanbul, Vienna, Munich, Prague, Budapest, London, and Bucharest.

On personal travel, sometimes I buy tickets as two connecting tickets for a better price than a full route round trip, and that also allows me to do an overnight break, and I have used this to do so in Rome, Milan, Paris, Amsterdam, and London.

Also, I have at times searched schedules to find lengthy daytime layovers between flights where I can go into the connecting city. I have done that for Zurich, Paris, London, Istanbul, Amsterdam, Vienna, and Milan.
    Carolinian
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by Carolinian; 10-08-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

AA let's you do a a free stop over when flying with a FF ticket.
      I'm hoping to do one in LA on my way to Hawaii.
      10 hours of flying is tooooo long for me if I have to stop for a long layover in between.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
        10 hours of flying is tooooo long for me if I have to stop for a long layover in between.
        On one of our NJ to HI flights we stopped in SF for two days. Well worth it for us since we had never been to SF. I used the mulit-city booking option on the airlines web site and it was no more expensive than going straight there. It was still treated as a round trip.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
          So when are you and your peeps going to Hawaii??????

I did Sydney to Hawaii, Hawaii to JFK...had an 8 hour layover in purpose and went to Waikiki Beach....really enjoyed it!
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by philsfan View Post
            On one of our NJ to HI flights we stopped in SF for two days. Well worth it for us since we had never been to SF. I used the mulit-city booking option on the airlines web site and it was no more expensive than going straight there. It was still treated as a round trip.
            That's good to know. I do want to stop in LA or SF on the way.
            Depends on what I can get with AA FF tickets.
            That's a great way to adjust to the time change.

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
            So when are you and your peeps going to Hawaii??????

I did Sydney to Hawaii, Hawaii to JFK...had an 8 hour layover in purpose and went to Waikiki Beach....really enjoyed it!
            Was supposed to be 2015 but now one my friends is going with family in 2015 and I want to make sure I can do the flight
            so am going to do a trial run to Vegas first in March and make sure I don't croak in flight.
            Possibly May of 2016. We don't want to be there during hurricane season but also don't want to be there when school is out.
            Wanna come?

Comment

Working...
            X