Would you fly on Ebola Airline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you fly on Ebola Airline?

The Ebola virus lives a lot of time out of the body on various surfaces. Would you take a chance flying on a plane used in twice weekly flights to the infected countries? Since it is used on other routes at other times, if you flew that airline you would never know if you were on that plane.

The airline involved is Brussels Airline, whose twice weekly flights to Brussels are the only European air route still open from that part of Africa. From Brussels, passengers, like Dallas ebola passenger Duncan,
    connect to other places including the US. Now, it appears that air route may have brought Belgium its very own cases of ebola:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dly-virus.html

Just something you might want to consider if travel takes you on Brussels Airline or through Brussels airport.

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
    The Ebola virus lives a lot of time out of the body on various surfaces. Would you take a chance flying on a plane used in twice weekly flights to the infected countries? Since it is used on other routes at other times, if you flew that airline you would never know if you were on that plane.

The airline involved is Brussels Airline, whose twice weekly flights to Brussels are the only European air route still open from that part of Africa. From Brussels, passengers, like Dallas ebola passenger Duncan,
    connect to other places including the US. Now, it appears that air route may have brought Belgium its very own cases of ebola:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dly-virus.html

Just something you might want to consider if travel takes you on Brussels Airline or through Brussels airport.
    It certainly is worth thinking about. The Frontier Airlines plane, which carried the latest infected nurse, was removed from service and it was cleaned according to CDC guidelines but they are trying to contact all passengers.

Many travel insurance policies exclude “catastrophic events or outbreaks," so they may not pay for the cost of Ebola infections.

Comment

Flat out NO!
      Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Wow. I can see why the airplane cleaning crews were upset. Still, NO changes to my travel plans with the exception of deciding to take our request for European ts trades off.

Comment

This is insane. What's wrong with the people of Belgium?
          They are inviting this right into their country and helping to spread it worldwide.
          I'm glad my brother isn't stationed in Liege anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolF View Post
            It certainly is worth thinking about. The Frontier Airlines plane, which carried the latest infected nurse, was removed from service and it was cleaned according to CDC guidelines but they are trying to contact all passengers.

Many travel insurance policies exclude “catastrophic events or outbreaks," so they may not pay for the cost of Ebola infections.
            But it did five other flights that day before it was cleaned. How would you like to find out you had sat in the seat of that nurse on one of those flights?

Comment

That is a very simple question to answer. Absolutely not.
              John

Comment

The Ebola virus lives a lot of time out of the body on various surfaces.
                That's not what was being said in the Congressional hearings today. In the testimony about hospital waste, Ebola waste was represented as being pretty harmless.

& from the latest updates, passengers on the nurse's flight are now on the 21 day watch list.
                RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

But it did five other flights that day before it was cleaned. How would you like to find out you had sat in the seat of that nurse on one of those flights?
                  The CDC has since said she was symptomatic on Friday, so we can now add the Dallas - Cleveland seat. I wonder how many other seats she sat on between Friday and Monday, coffee shops, restaurants and toilets. The Bridal store has been closed (together with 2 schools in Ohio and 3 schools in Belton Texas). I think the lack of bottoms on seats at the Presbyterian Dallas Hospital will be the kiss of death. I can imagine all those disappointed holidaymakers bottoms sitting on cruise ship seats right now. The Belize coast guard is refusing to allow the passengers to come ashore, I guess everyone is going to want to watch the evacuation of the poor patient.

I would rather not to think about seats too much.

Comment

The way to solve the Ebola "epidemic" in the USA is obvious. Since the only known cases have originated in Dallas, we should be stopping all air travel in & out of Texas. Congress should also immediately approve funding for building a $14 gazillian concrete block wall topped by barbed wire to be built on the borders of Texas to close the "porous" border so no Ebola carrying refugees can sneak across. Problem solved.
                    The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
                      The way to solve the Ebola "epidemic" in the USA is obvious. Since the only known cases have originated in Dallas, we should be stopping all air travel in & out of Texas. Congress should also immediately approve funding for building a $14 gazillian concrete block wall topped by barbed wire to be built on the borders of Texas to close the "porous" border so no Ebola carrying refugees can sneak across. Problem solved.
                      That's kind of what they are doing in Liberia but out of barbed wire fencing.
                      They are locking the people in by gun point.
                      See how well that's working.

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
                        I know you are joking. You're a wicked girl Barney.

Ding, ding, ding, that's the Texas ammo and preppers kit share market sky rocketing.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                          That's kind of what they are doing in Liberia but out of barbed wire fencing.
                          They are locking the people in by gun point.
                          See how well that's working.
                          Exactly. Those Texans are well armed and could drive and shoot their way out. It's not only the airlines we have to worry about, what about the cars from Texas? Before you know it, we will have a thread called "Would you travel in an Ebola Car?" Cosumel and Belize shut the gates to the Carnival Magic Ebola Cruise Ship and it is reportedly heading back to the US so, I have to ask everyone the question - Would you sail on an Ebola Cruise Ship?

Comment

I'm thinking of going on a cruise next month.
                            It's on one of those mega mega ships.
                            Are they going to do complete background checks on everyone?
                            This is going to get ridiculous. :roll eyes:

Meanwhile in the hospitals where this should be taken more serious,
                            the administrators are not preparing for this like they should.
                            Maybe having some sort of mobile unit outside the hospital
                            might make more sense to treat these patients instead of
                            infecting the whole place. We were doing that for chemical and
                            radioactive patients when I worked there, not sure why they aren't
                            thinking along these lines unless they are just gonna wing it.

Comment

Why are we still issuing visas in the infected countries to come to the US?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ola-countries/

A number of African countries ban travel from the infected countries, and Saudi Arabia recently cancelled visas for over 7,000 Muslims from the infected countries that would have allowed them to come to the Muslim pilgrimage called the Hajji to Mecca.

Diseases like this need to be contained.

Comment

Working...
                              X