Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you keep going back to year after year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you keep going back to year after year?

We all have our favorite vacation spots.
    What is yours?

I have a few, Disney World, the Florida beaches in SW Florida and Hollywood beach.
    I also like cruising and living in a port city makes it easy to go to the Caribbean and Mexico.

Im hooked on Mexico but I really don't like to go to the same location every year. This year we have been in Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta and next week in Mazatlan. Last year it was Loreto and Cabo. The year before that it was the Rivera Maya.

I am taking an interest to Hawaii but that is more for family reasons.

Comment

We go to Morritts Tortuga Club every January for 2 weeks. We own 3 weeks but DH can't get that much time off work so we rent the 3rd week. Can't wait till he retires so we can stay 3 weeks or longer each year.

We also have some favorite Wyndham resorts we return to for long weekend trips - like Branson for Veterans Day and 1 or 2 weekends in Gatlinburg.
      Vicki

Comment

We don't have a year after year location. We have done a couple locations multiple time, but skipping a year or a couple.
        Shorecrest in Myrtle Beach has seen us 3 times, we have been to Branson 3 times, Orlando (AKA Disney) 3X, Napa River Pointe 2X and have found some locations that we will go back to for a second time (or third, etc). We like Napa area because of the wine and food. We like the east coast for sun and hopefully sand and water.
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
          Im hooked on Mexico but I really don't like to go to the same location every year. This year we have been in Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta and next week in Mazatlan. Last year it was Loreto and Cabo. The year before that it was the Rivera Maya.

I am taking an interest to Hawaii but that is more for family reasons.
          Oh Mexico has such great resorts.
          I'm so sad that none of my family or friends will go back with me anymore.
          I used to love going to the Riviera Maya area too.

How are things in Mexico?
          Do you feel safe?

Originally posted by shorts View Post
          We go to Morritts Tortuga Club every January for 2 weeks. We own 3 weeks but DH can't get that much time off work so we rent the 3rd week. Can't wait till he retires so we can stay 3 weeks or longer each year.

We also have some favorite Wyndham resorts we return to for long weekend trips - like Branson for Veterans Day and 1 or 2 weekends in Gatlinburg.
          I love Morritts too.
          I've been a few years in a row. Great resort and awesome week.
          Crazy airfare though for me from Miami $600.
          I can go to Europe for $600.

Originally posted by vintner View Post
          We don't have a year after year location. We have done a couple locations multiple time, but skipping a year or a couple.
          Shorecrest in Myrtle Beach has seen us 3 times, we have been to Branson 3 times, Orlando (AKA Disney) 3X, Napa River Pointe 2X and have found some locations that we will go back to for a second time (or third, etc). We like Napa area because of the wine and food. We like the east coast for sun and hopefully sand and water.
          Wine is a wonderful reason to go anywhere.
          Have you done any of the other Wine regions?
          There is a vineyard trail in Pennsylvania. Lots of cute vineyards.

Comment

Started out being the White Mountains on NH, then it was Cancun, then Maine's Acadia region and Cape Cod. Haven't been to Cancun in 12 years. If I lived closer to Florida, Orlando would be on that list.

Comment

We love Williamsburg. It has so many great museums and activities, and almost all the timeshares are nice. Plus there are things to do in every season. We end up going almost every year for a week or so.

Comment

We don't go every year but in the past 25 years we have gone back to the following most of all:
                Lawerence Welk,Escondido about 12 times because I always can relax there.
                Eagle Crest in Oregon about 15 times because it works well for family get togethers.
                Bass Lake outside of Yosimite about 10 times because of easy drive from home and our kids can make it there for a few days at a time.
                Angeles Camp about 12 times usually for a home base to then drive a short trip for skiing.
                I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

At first I couldn't think of any place we keep going back to, but then decided we go to the Cocoa Beach area every couple of years. We also hit Orlando area every couple of years. We live on the West Coast of Florida about half the time and I say when we head to Cocoa Beach, that we are going to the other side of the world! Williamsburg would also be high on my list because it is near where we live in Virginia. In the past have gone more often for quick weekend getaways.

For health reasons, DH doesn't like to go outside the US, except short trips to Canada, so that limits our travel.

Nancy

Comment

We experienced New Orleans for the first time in December, and it has become our new favorite. Though not yearly, we also love going to Sedona.

Comment

For years we went back to our home resort on Maui every summer. When vacationing with small children it was perfect. And flying from California was easy. It was such a wonderful place to sit back, relax and decompress after a hectic work year.
                      Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                        We all have our favorite vacation spots.
                        What is yours?
                        Orlando/Disney World for vacation ease -- something for everyone, and most of it easy to get to when eldest son wasn't a driver. Theme Parks, stunner gardens, beautiful museums, tons of cool resorts, Orlando has it all!

Except beaches or mountains, of course. But hubby and the kids usually run to the beach for a day when we stay there.

Wisconsin Dells because we love the Dells (the rock formations; not the town so much), we like the rolling hills view out by Christmas Mountain Village, CMV "feels" like different resorts because there's such a variety of units and locations (the Oaks villas area is quiet even in the summer, for instance, and the golf course view there has different vibe from the panorama you can see from the townhomes at the top of the hill), and because it's close to home.

We'd do Wilderness Wildlife Week in Pigeon Forge every year if we had more vacation time. And we're happy there or Gatlinburg about any time of the year the leaf peepers aren't out; we're all fans of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

Myrtle Beach area, although we avoid the strip except at sunrise when it's quiet. We like to stay at Harbour Lights, which is miles off the beach, because you can generally get a free state park pass there and we like both Myrtle Beach and Huntington Beach State Parks, plus some of us really like Brookgreen Gardens, which is right across from Huntington Beach, and passes for Brookgreen last a week or more. Which is good, because there's plenty to do there! We like the Shorecrest ocean front units as well, but with my troops I'm honestly happier at Harbour Lights so long as I have a view of the Intercoastal Waterway. We like resorts big enough we can walk around a bit, which Shorecrest isn't, and while I enjoy the view from on high, I generally feel "out of touch" after a few days of staying someplace more than five or six stories up.

My favorite place in the world is the west coast of the Michigan "mitten," but I have yet to find a resort reasonably near the top of it that I really love. Mountain Run is okay, but I hate the kitchens because the dishwasher is under the sink, which is a pain. Not a huge fan of Big Cedar, either (haven't stayed there, but have stayed at both the Cliffs and Falls Village), although I like the Branson area just fine, so maybe I'm just not a fan of big resort complex sort of places.

Comment

Southern California. Dear Old Dad has been there for 20 years come next month. I'm generally on the left coast at least once a year. Favorite is staying in Laguna Beach. If I can't get one there DelMar, Carlsbad, Oceanside are all high on my list.

I never, ever tire of the location. Plenty of stuff to do or not do as the case may be. I spent a lot of time in San Diego last summer and I could live there. I think about that in February in New York...

I also go to the caribbean once a year. Morritts Grand Cayman is a favorite but I've been to a few different islands as well. I'll drop everything for a St John opportunity ( my first love, I went every year for a long long time). Now that I have my scuba license I push for twice a year. Very zen. Hawaii can get substituted for a caribbean trip but the 10 hour flight turns that vacation into a 2 week or longer scenario.
                          lawren2
                          Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator
                          Last edited by lawren2; 02-10-2015, 12:33 PM.
                          Lawren
                          ------------------------
                          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Hawaii, it could be any of the four major islands although lately we have been to Oahu at least once a year
                            St John, USVI. We have a timeshare there, trying to go at least EOY.

Comment

Disney World and Disneyland

Comment

Working...
                              X