Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you keep going back to year after year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carribbean Island every year during cold winter months. Have been to Aruba for the last 8 years, Also go to St. Lucia 4 times in past six years. Barbados twice in last 3 years and Puerto Rico for the past 3 years. Also love to go to Mexico but have not been for the past 3 years.
    LARRY

Comment

My home resort, Marriott Fairway Villas at the Jersey Shore, is the site for an extended family reunion every 4th of July. I also stay there a few weekends throughout year.

I make a commitment to visit Italy every even year, my soul just feels at peace there. In the odd years, I explore another European city/country - France, UK, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Prague, Vienna. I love researching and learning about the history, the culture, the lifestyle, the personalities, the language. Each country is unique and strives to honor their heritage.

Someplace WARM in the winter - DH loves our resort in Puerto Rico - easy to fly there from NY, golf on-site, we've made friends from NY who also own there, we can drive golf carts all over the resort as its part of a gated planned development, so its a world away from our normal commuting lifestyle. It's realtively inexpensive and we plan to spend more and more time there in the future.

Of course, Disney is a yearly event! First with my own children, now with the grandkids!

Maria

Comment

How are things in Mexico?
        Do you feel safe? ]
        Yes I do but I feel safe pretty much every where I go. We started this trip in PV and then went to NV to hang with a group of friends. Went home for 10 days and were back with my youngest son and daughter in law who haven't been to this area yet. So far we have taken them to the PV malecon and then to Pinocchio's below the malecon parking lot to have the little fish eat the dead skin dealio. That was a hoot. Monday was the dolphine center. That was a great experience, especially for my wife and daughter in law.Tuesday was the zip line adventure. That was really fun and absolutely the best zip line adventure I have ever been on. Tonight will be rythyms of the night which I hear good things about and Thursday will be a day trip to Calletas. The resort activities here are fantastic and include paddle boarding, kayaking, cooking with the cheff and a kitchen tour that my wife enjoyed and nightly dancers doing the dance dealio.

At the end of this week were heading to Mazatlan for Carnival. Since we haven't been here yet it should be interesting.

The best thing, imo, is the weather.
        GrayFal
        Silver Contributor and supermoderator
        Last edited by GrayFal; 02-17-2015, 11:46 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

Comment

Disney World and the Outer Banks. The former might be falling off of our radar a little bit as the kids leave home, to be replaced by NOLA/Vegas. I would go back to Sedona in a heartbeat. Easy drive-to destinations for us include the Smokies and Dells, but we've only repeated the former once, and haven't the latter yet.

Comment

The Urologist.

Ha ha!

Comment

Originally posted by buzglyd View Post
              The Urologist.

Ha ha!
              is his license plate, ICUP

Comment

we like Door County in June, we are at Christmas Mountain, we like beach front in Florida, Naples or Marco Island

Comment

Kauai, we've been going to Hawaii for years but we are draw. Back to Kauai every year. Can't wait to return. Only 84 days until I return but who's counting.��
                  Up coming trips
                  May-Pono Kai Kauai, July-Jockey Club Las Vegas, October-Florida Palm Beach
                  My Website

Comment

We love Williamsburg and Kissimmee. We vacation 2 or3 weeks a year and visit 1 of them for at least a week.

Comment

Wow. Lots of great places to add to the bucket list.
                      Thanks everyone for sharing.

I sometimes wish I didn't live so far from the rest of the country.
                      Takes me 6 hours just to get out of Florida so road trips are always hard to start from here in Miami.
                      I usually end up flying and renting a car to do any road trip and skipping the 6 hours to get out of FL.
                      I want to try the Auto train and see if I can add other areas to my repertoire of favorite drive to vacation spots.
                      Anybody try the Auto train?

Comment

I will be the fourth person to mention Morritts Grand. Cayman. It is such an easy place to be even with left sided driving. Chris, if you would book your Cayman Airways flight 11+ months out it is cheap! we paid $313 R/T this year. I have been every year for the past 7-8 years.
                        I also love St Thomas and St John and the BVI.
                        Have owned for 10 years on STT and am a new owner on STJ. Nothing is a beautiful as these islands and surrounding sea.

And then I keep returning to Aruba. Originally stayed at the Marriott's where I own but now prefer the laid back vibe of La Cabana/Bluegreen Resort.

There seems to be a warm weather theme here.
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

We've done autotrain several times. It helps that we live very close to Northern end. If you do decide to try it and have any questions, please ask.

Nancy

Comment

Thanks Nancy and Pat.
                            I'll keep your tips in mind.

Comment

Chris,

You could fly to Grand Cayman for about $90!

Anyone living in Miami should have a big stash of British Airways Avios! Avios' award chart is distance based, so from MIA to many lovely places such as Aruba and Grand Cayman, you're on the lower tiers of their award chart. You'd fly on American metal, but you'd book with Avios, so the relevant award chart is the Avios one, not AA.com. (AA would charge you 35,000 miles for the same flight.)

MIA-GCM is just 4500 Avios each way or 9000 RT, which is about $90 worth of points.
                              MIA-AUA is just 7500 Avios each way or 15000 RT

Avios is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards, Amex Membership Rewards (and Starwood Preferred Guest, but those points are harder to earn).

You can earn 9000 Avios easily either through regular spend on a credit card, sign up bonus, or shopping online through a portal.

If you have your own business, there is currently a Chase Ink offer that gets you 60,000 Chase UR after hitting the minimum spend. That's worth $600 if you take it as cash, or you could use it to get 6 RT tickets to Grand Cayman

A quick check at aa.com shows wide availability for MIA-GCM.

Anita

Comment

Also, more on topic:

We keep returning to Aruba (so easy to get to and completely relaxing), Hawaii (not as easy to get to but so, so beautiful and just fills my soul), and Big Cedar. Big Cedar is our family place; in the past we've gone several times a year (driving distance for us) but as the kids get older, maybe once a year? We never go to Branson and rarely leave the resort. It's very peaceful for us especially if we're in a cabin.

Comment

Working...
                                X