No announcement yet.

So where are you off to this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are heading back for Mexico soon but I am trying to convince my husband to stay a week at the new Ocho Cascadas if we can make the dates work with a week at our own timeshare unit we own. We may as well use up the contract as soon as we can but we need an equally good view unit that we own or we are not going to stay there when it is hot and muggy. Planning this kind of stuff is not easy for me but I will try.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
      And Luanne I actually thought Missouri was nice.
      At least branson was nice. Even liked st. Louis.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
      Sorry, not a fan. My sister lives halfway between Branson and Springfield. I will say it's very green, but there is nothing to do.
      Luanne

Comment

Simple trip this summer. San Francisco and Vegas. Wintertime will be CA wine country, Calistoga and the Redwood Forest.

Comment

Originally posted by Icc5 View Post
          We just came back from Bass Lake then did San Diego. Now we go to Minn. and Wi. After that it will be Idaho and then Glacier Park.
          Do you have any suggestions for a don't-miss in San Diego? I want to go to the zoo and DH wants to see a Padres game.
          Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
            Sorry, not a fan. My sister lives halfway between Branson and Springfield. I will say it's very green, but there is nothing to do.
            That's little townsville for sure. I guess Branson is your only entertainment option....

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
              Do you have any suggestions for a don't-miss in San Diego? I want to go to the zoo and DH wants to see a Padres game.
              The zoo is fantastic! We went there about 30 years ago, and I still have fond memories of it.

Comment

Jacki, how many days will you be in San Diego and San Francisco? I will be happy to give you some tips. Feel free to PM me.

Comment

going to Door County for a week, and then basically staying at Christmas Mountain except for trips to Sioux Falls to see my grandboys.

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
                    Jacki, how many days will you be in San Diego and San Francisco? I will be happy to give you some tips. Feel free to PM me.
                    We used airline reward points, so we had to break it up to make the flights work. Three nights in San Diego, then 2 nights in San Francisco, then 2 more nights in San Diego.
                    We also want to go to Alcatraz, and I hear you should order your tickets in advance for that.
                    Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by jackio View Post
                      We used airline reward points, so we had to break it up to make the flights work. Three nights in San Diego, then 2 nights in San Francisco, then 2 more nights in San Diego.
                      We also want to go to Alcatraz, and I hear you should order your tickets in advance for that.
                      Jacki I can also send you some ideas for San Diego. We toured the USS Midway, which was very interesting. It's rated #1 by tripadvisor for tourist attractions in San Diego. I have some great restaurant suggestions as well. I can email a list that some friends gave us, quite a few of which we tried, and some additional restaurants we found on our own.

Definitely get your tickets for Alcatraz ahead of time. And I have a great restaurant suggestion for dinner for San Francisco. We found it on our last trip. It's Fino Restaurant at 624 Post Street, two Blocks from Union Square.
                      Luanne

Comment

In San Diego, in addition to the Zoo, I would also recommend a trip to Balboa Park, Seaport Village (walk along the waterfront), and Star of India which is an original Windjammer ship converted to maritime museum. If you have a car or figure out the bus route, you can also go to La Jolla Cove. Nice restaurants and shops nearby. An alternative to La Jolla will be Coronado Beach across the Coronado Bridge. At night, go to Gaslamp District for dinner.
                        In San Francisco, take a Blue and Gold Ferry at Pier 39 which takes you close to the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay Bridge. You will also see Alcatraz up and close. Buy a Muni Pass for a day to get unlimited muni buse/rail and cable cars. Figure out how to use it to go to Golden Gate Bridge and walk on the bridge to Marine side. the Lombard Street is fun to walk down. Union Square is all the big stores and you should stop by. If you have time, also go up to the Coit Tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne View Post
                          I agree. Since I don't really like country music, Branson bores the crap out of me. I had some nice food in Springfield, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoc View Post
                            I agree. Since I don't really like country music, Branson bores the crap out of me. I had some nice food in Springfield, though.
                            Where in Springfield did you have nice food? And does nice food equate to "good" food?
                            Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
                              In San Diego, in addition to the Zoo, I would also recommend a trip to Balboa Park, Seaport Village (walk along the waterfront), and Star of India which is an original Windjammer ship converted to maritime museum. If you have a car or figure out the bus route, you can also go to La Jolla Cove. Nice restaurants and shops nearby. An alternative to La Jolla will be Coronado Beach across the Coronado Bridge. At night, go to Gaslamp District for dinner.
                              In San Francisco, take a Blue and Gold Ferry at Pier 39 which takes you close to the Golden Gate Bridge and Bay Bridge. You will also see Alcatraz up and close. Buy a Muni Pass for a day to get unlimited muni buse/rail and cable cars. Figure out how to use it to go to Golden Gate Bridge and walk on the bridge to Marine side. the Lombard Street is fun to walk down. Union Square is all the big stores and you should stop by. If you have time, also go up to the Coit Tower.
                              Totally agree with all of these suggestions, with the exception of eating in the Gaslamp District. Now, to be fair, we didn't eat there this trip except for one lunch at an Irish pub that was okay. But I haven't been impressed with the restaurants there, maybe just never knew which ones to pick.

We went to a couple of restaurants in Little Italy that we really liked, one was an old time pizza/pasta type place where you enter through an Italian store, and the other was also a pizza place, but with the super thin crust and all fresh ingredients. Totally different from each other and both were enjoyable.
                              Luanne

Comment

Thank you all for the San diego and San francisco ideas. Keep them coming please! July will be here before we know it. I've never been to California. We plan to rent a car for at least one day to drive up to Solana Beach to see the timeshare we've owned for several years and have never seen. Luanne I would greatly appreciate that list. You can email it to nurseodonnell@gmail.com. Thanks so much.
                                Jacki

Comment

Working...
                                X