No announcement yet.

So where are you off to this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We lived in San Diego for 20+ years and now live just an hour north of there. We own at Gaslamp Plaza suites and often stay there for 2-3 nights to play tourist in San Diego.

1. My favorite attraction by far is Sea World.
    2.We also like the zoo.
    3 Another favorite is taking the Coronado Ferry from the foot of Broadway to Coronado and then walking down to the Hotel Del Coronado and eating lunch or dinner at Miguel's Cocina in Coronado.
    4. USS Midway
    5. Walk down to Seaport Village and have lunch there and wander around.

These are some of the many things we like to do in San Diego. Those are just 5 of them. It is a good city for walking around in. We also go to the Padres games when they are on which is just a short walk from the Gaslamp Plaza Suites.
    JWC
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by JWC; 05-27-2015, 09:50 AM.
    John

Comment

Germany in two weeks for business: Berlin, Aachen, and Karlsruhe to visit partners there.
      Then, at the end of next month, a do-little week on Hilton Head.

The rest of the summer is shuttling high schoolers to college sports camps, practices, etc.

Comment

Thank you John.
        Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
          Hey Luanne, depending on when in June, we should try to get together...
          Sounds good.
          Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
            then basically staying at Christmas Mountain except for trips to Sioux Falls to see my grandboys.

My kids have grandparents in Sioux Falls, and various kidlets will be visiting them there this summer, however hubby and I will probably get only as far as Iowa to trade kids with my dad. I'll probably head out there in September or October. Hubby and I will probably do more of the River Road this summer; we did that one weekend last year and really enjoyed it.

Also have a 50th wedding anniversary in Iowa in July -- mostly because hubby tells me I promised my cousin we'd make it. Clearly I was not thinking about Iowa in July at the time.

June we're going to Virginia, the Shenandoah Valley area. Dunno what all we'll do there, lots of possibilities. Then Boyne, Michigan this October.

Comment

L
              Originally posted by iconnections View Post
              We are heading back for Mexico soon but I am trying to convince my husband to stay a week at the new Ocho Cascadas if we can make the dates work with a week at our own timeshare unit we own. We may as well use up the contract as soon as we can but we need an equally good view unit that we own or we are not going to stay there when it is hot and muggy. Planning this kind of stuff is not easy for me but I will try.
              Did you see the special rate posted on SFX website. $1595 fir a week at Ocho Cascada. I know you have stayed before but the renovations look fabulous!

http://offers.sfxresorts.com/ocho-cascadas/
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Well, my summer plans have changed. We just bought a summer home on Chinook Pass about 20 ft off the American River with a beautiful palisade cliff on the other side of the river. We are about 25 minutes to Mt Rainier. I might be renting out my Lake Tahoe , Lake Chelan and Sun River reservations this summer.

Comment

Meadow Lake Resort near Glacier National Park in July, then Brewster Green on Cape Cod in August.

Comment

Mazatlan in June and maybe Ensenada in August. We are also looking for an exchange to somewhere cooler than Phoenix in August instead.
                    Phyllis

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                      Well, my summer plans have changed. We just bought a summer home on Chinook Pass about 20 ft off the American River with a beautiful palisade cliff on the other side of the river. We are about 25 minutes to Mt Rainier. I might be renting out my Lake Tahoe , Lake Chelan and Sun River reservations this summer.

Congratulations!
                      Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                        L
                        Did you see the special rate posted on SFX website. $1595 fir a week at Ocho Cascada. I know you have stayed before but the renovations look fabulous!

http://offers.sfxresorts.com/ocho-cascadas/
                        yes, I did get the offer from SFX by email.

Comment

Using our own week on the NC Outer Banks in July, and a DAE exchange for a canal boat from Blackwater Marina near the England / Wales border in August.

I am also trying to work out a non-timeshare vacation trip to Dubai and the UAE sometime this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
                            Looks really nice and must be great fishing there. Congratulations and good luck with renting your weeks.

Comment

So many nice plans.
                              Gives me some good ideas for future travels.
                              Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nowhere this summer but my dream trip is coming up in Sept. Yellowstone, Tetons, & Bear Tooth Hwy.

Comment

Working...
                                X