Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rental car what would you do question ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StressCadet View Post
    Looking to see what others would do in this situation.

I need a short term rental. 3 days 5 hours to be exact. Moving daughter to college. Will fly part way and drive the remainder. Yay Southwest and free bags. With 3 of us, we can take up to 6 bags free.

I first rented a Full Size on Costco for about 125.00. Good enough deal. I then realized that if we actually need to bring all those bags than I need a Van or SUV. So, I also have an SUV booked for 258.00. Steep for 3 days. My question is this:

We always get hit up for an upgrade. We always say no, no, no. BUT, in this circumstance, I'd be ready and willing to upgrade. So, would you keep the lesser priced reservation and chance it and hope for a reasonably priced upgrade? Or just stick with the solid SUV reservation? I check nearly every day and while the other levels of cars change often (I've never seen the Full size go back down to 125) the SUV stays solid at that same price.

What would you do?
    I didn't read through the comments, so if this was already said I am sorry for the repeat. Have you deleted your cookies? It may be a little different since you already have a reservation. But I know that rental companies and discount flight sights read your cookies and keep the price high or going up in order to pressure you to make a purchase before it goes any higher. When you clear your cookies you get lower "hook" price offerings again since it is registered as a new search.

Comment

Working...
    X