Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Hawaii needs teachers....

http://matadornetwork.com/bnt/unempl...-can-give-job/

They do! I was speaking with an English teacher today who is considering it. I told her to talk about 4 more fellow teachers into applying because they are all going to need to share a house! That is the sad part to me, the cost of living is so high that it's hard to recruit. It's sounds great at the onset but the cost of living reality is harsh. The teacher in question can't even really afford to live where she wants to in So Cal and commute to our school. She's young and she could do it...but it would result in living the college experience all over again with several roommates. Then again...she's young...she could do it for a few years...if she set her mind to it. We'll see what she decides.

Comment

yes the cost of living is really high! but anyways I'm going to tell my sister to apply!!
      it's beautiful and she does not need too much luxury

Comment

My daughter in laws sister moved back to Oahu as a nurse. She earns about $100,000 a year and she uses about half for a 2 bedroom apartment for her and her daughter. Take out taxes, food and transportation costs and she is just getting by.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
          My daughter in laws sister moved back to Oahu as a nurse. She earns about $100,000 a year and she uses about half for a 2 bedroom apartment for her and her daughter. Take out taxes, food and transportation costs and she is just getting by.
          Yikes!
          Jacki

Comment

Working...
          X