Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vintner View Post
    I think I have been offended.
    Well, there's a lot of the Midwest and a lot of Florida I don't care for either, even though some of the Midwest and some of Florida are among my favorites places.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I think I have been offended.
      We like a mountain, trees or large hill to break up the horizon. The flatness of some areas is a bit too flat for us. This is why my wife doesn't like the Yucatan and many Caribbean Islands. I can handle flat areas with trees but large flat areas with corn fields, crops or saw grass are too flat for us. No offense intended, lol.

Comment

My paradise is Bavaria and also Zell am See Austria in the summer. can't get enough of it. We go every summer, and I feel like I could live 100 lifetimes and never tire of it.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
          We like a large hill to break up the horizon.
          Florida has landfills and Interstate overpasses.
          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

We like a mountain, trees or large hill to break up the horizon. The flatness of some areas is a bit too flat for us. This is why my wife doesn't like the Yucatan and many Caribbean Islands. I can handle flat areas with trees but large flat areas with corn fields, crops or saw grass are too flat for us. No offense intended, lol.
            Okay, you are talking North Dakota and west. Nothing there but oil wells. Certainly not Minnesota or, dare I even say it, Wisconsin (where my FIL lives).
            And certainly for fishing, you can't be eliminating Mn. Land of 10,000 lakes can't be wrong for fishing.
            Don

Comment

Mn. Land of 10,000 lakes can't be wrong for fishing.
              Iowa is going to move the MN state line to Mason City so folks from Des Moines can get to MN to fish faster.

Comment

Two of my favorite toys are made in MN. and WI., Polaris Razors and Arctic Cat M800. Spam, one of my favorite foods in a can came from those parts as well. I haven't ever thought of WI or MN as vacation destinations.

Comment

Two of my favorite toys are made in MN. and WI., Polaris Razors and Arctic Cat M800. Spam, one of my favorite foods in a can came from those parts as well. I haven't ever thought of WI or MN as vacation destinations.
                  Both are popular summer destinations, and both have a variety of popular tourist attractions.

Tourist numbers are around 100 million a year.

Comment

TOURISM WORKS FOR WISCONSIN

Tourism had a $19.3 billion impact on the state's economy in 2015, up nearly $1 billion, or 4.4% from $18.5 billion in 2014. The total five-year growth of tourism activity is over $4.5 billion, a 30% increase from $14.8 billion.

For every $1 the Department spent on summer and fall advertising in 2015, $8 was returned to the state in additional tax revenue.

Visitor growth topped 105.2 million in 2015, a five-year increase of 12.7 million.

Per trip spending increased 4.4% in 2015, led by lodging with 7.3% growth from 2014.

The tourism economy generated $1.5 billion in state and local revenue and $1.1 billion in federal taxes.

Each household in Wisconsin would need to be taxed an additional $640 per year to replace the revenue tourism generates for state and local governments.

Tourism directly and indirectly supports 190,717 jobs in Wisconsin, a five-year addition of more than 18,700 jobs to the state's total employment.

Comment

The Wisconsin dells gets about three million visitors a year and takes in about a billion dollars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                        The Wisconsin dells gets about three million visitors a year and takes in about a billion dollars

not my favorite...

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
                          not my favorite...
                          The dells has a lot to offer, but it is not advertised like the money maker attractions.

Comment

kashmir is my favourite .......................
                            tonyg
                            Goomba & Super Moderator
                            Last edited by tonyg; 05-23-2017, 08:19 AM. Reason: spam

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
                              What's the one place you go back to over and over again, because you just love it? For us, we returned to Sedona many times in the past, but right now we continue to be in love with New Orleans, and go back every year.
                              We enjoy new places but are always pulled back to The Lawrence Welk Villas in Escondido. Besides loving the San Diego area and owning there (we also own at several other places) for whatever reason when I walk into the Villas the weight of the world lifts off my shoulders. They are well kept older units but something about them just relaxes me. We come back at least every other year.
                              We do enjoy Florida as well as almost anywhere we've visited which is about 40 states in our 125 or weekly trips.
                              Our latest is back on the cruise circuit and adding a week or two before or after the cruise. We cruised several times 25 years ago then did mostly timeshares and now we are retired so we tie the two together.
                              Just did a 15 day from San Diego thru the Panamal Canal ending in Fort Laudurdale,Florida and then a week at Orange Lake before flying home to Cupertino,California.
                              I live to vacation and vacation to live.

Comment

NEW Orleans
                                Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                                X