off season traveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off season traveling

what are good spots to travel "off season"?

Depends on you, what you like, and when you can go places.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

we are retired, and can pretty much take off any time

Comment

A lot of the popular family destinations are dependent on school schedules, so if you go when schools are in session, stuff is more available and not so busy.

I hate to give examples, like Orlando, or SW FL, or Branson, or Williamsburg, or wherever, because I don't know what you like.

But just to pick one, in the Branson area, school gets out mid-May, so the first week of May would be "off-season", but with the same weather and attractions. One might think that November and December would be off-season, but it is not. But, lake resorts in the Branson area have a short peak, Mid-May through September, and are generally available the rest of the time.

You would think summer on the beach in SW FL would be peak season, but December-April is.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I definitely agree that slightly off season is often a great time to travel. I love the Canadian rockies the week after labour day, school is back, but the weather is still great.

Comment

I am stuck with the school schedule for 4 more years, but I would think Cape Cod or the Carolinas coastline in early September would be nice.
            I've tried NYC in January and February. Not so nice.
            Jacki

Comment

we went to Branson in the off season and many things were dark

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
                we went to Branson in the off season and many things were dark
                When, and when?

A lot of the newer attractions are year-round. Some shows close mid-Dec and re-open March or April.

Comment

We have traveled a lot of places off season- New England is nice in May and June and September- even late October. Also- have gone to Florida and Arizona in the summer heat and they were great vacations. Yellowstone in Sept was awesome.

Comment

Best months in Naples fort Myers area are November and April

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                      When, and when?

A lot of the newer attractions are year-round. Some shows close mid-Dec and re-open March or April.
                      I'm thinking it was the 1st or 2nd week in January, about 3 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by mpumilia View Post
                        Yellowstone in Sept was awesome.
                        Estes Park/RMNP would be nice in September. The elk all over the place is something special. Beautiful place.

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
                          I'm thinking it was the 1st or 2nd week in January, about 3 years ago
                          You couldn't pick a worse time. Everyone's somewhere else, celebrating that another year is over. Some go to New Year's for a final big fling.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                            You couldn't pick a worse time. Everyone's somewhere else, celebrating that another year is over. Some go to New Year's for a final big fling.
                            Interesting. I often think that's a good time to go places, miss the Christmas/New Years rush, but still get better weather than home (for those of us who live in cold climates). Maybe that's more true for warm destinations, where there is still enough demand to keep things running those weeks. I suppose if its so not busy stuff is closed that's not great

Comment

Our first RCI week was a $99 getaway to Hot Springs in January, 1990. We had the place to ourselves. We had work to do, so took a trailer full of it, and sat in a condo there and did it.

Somehow it felt better than doing it at home.

Well, except for the snow/ice storm we drove back to Kansas City in.

Comment

Working...
                              X