Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another bizarre news story. The final line of the article is perfect..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another bizarre news story. The final line of the article is perfect..

http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces...sexual-battery
    my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
    ~Earl Wilson

Only Charles Dickens could have named him Kissing!

Aternative headline:

Tables Turned on TS Sales Woman Taken Advantage By Owner

Comment

Is that a standard sales practice with Wyndham -- going to the owner's unit like that?

Comment

"Telling the women that she wore a sexy dress, and trying to hug her"....Oh please!
        Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

I don't know if this is standard sales practice, but we had a sales rep. pay us a call in our unit at Pagosa Springs a coupe of years ago. It was under the pretense of a "satisfaction survey."

Comment

When we stayed at the Royal Mayan in Cancun, we had a "concierge" assigned to us. He literally followed us everywhere for 3 days. It was pretty obvious that he was a TS salesman and not concierge as he called himself. After telling him constantly that we weren't interested in attending any presentations, he finally gave up. This guy was freaky a he would all of a sudden just appear no matter where we went to at the resort.
            John

Comment

At DRI's The Suites at Fall Creek, we had a salesman come by to do a survery. Amazingly, it was just that, a survery without the sales bite.

At Marriott's Barony Beach Club we had a conceirge who insisted on stopping by the unit. She definately put the pressure on us to attend a presentation. Fortunately this has been the only Marriott resort to use that tactic with us.
              Our timeshare and other photo's at http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/

Comment

They try to do this in Nashville at the Wyndham. We say OK, and then plan to be out of the unit when they come by.
                Venda
                Port Charlotte, FL

Comment

We had something similar happen to us at Westgate in Orlando. The saleswoman (not what she called herself) followed us to our unit upon check-in. She came inside and proceeded to tell us that if we didn't attend an owners' update, we would be held accountable for anything that might go wrong in the unit. We said we would take our chances, and thanked her for stopping by. LOL

Dori

Comment

Originally posted by Dori View Post
                    We had something similar happen to us at Westgate in Orlando. The saleswoman (not what she called herself) followed us to our unit upon check-in. She came inside and proceeded to tell us that if we didn't attend an owners' update, we would be held accountable for anything that might go wrong in the unit. We said we would take our chances, and thanked her for stopping by. LOL

Dori
                    I wouldn't mind being accompanied to the unit upon check-in. I'd take it as an opportunity to check the cupboards had all I need, the floors and bathroom clean etc then send them off with a list if need be. As for the idle threat, I'd ask for it in writing.

Comment

you know, this has struck a chord with me.
                      we owned at a timeshare resort for 22 years, they sent out a notice tht they had hired someone to do resales, I told them i wanted to sell, and they said no, we handle our own resales, and sent me a three page letter with all the rules for resales.
                      we went to our week at the resort, found another owner who wanted to buy, sold him our two weeks. Now part of the rule they created is that you need a 30 prior to sale approval by them of new owner, but this is an owner already.
                      Just today,received a letter from management that they found cigarette butts in the GBA vent after we left and they can't get them all out . We do not smoke, and i believe they know it. I don't know what a GBA unit is, and i wonder if this is retaliation for selling our two weeks, when they were trying to sell the HOA weeks too. so I am waiting to see if they will try to bill me for a GBA unit, whatever that is.
                      And when we stayed in nashville, a salesperson did come to our unit, but neither of us groped her.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                        And when we stayed in nashville, a salesperson did come to our unit, but neither of us groped her.

I hadn't considered feeling sorry for a timeshare salesperson until I read that article, what a creepy old man.

Comment

Originally posted by vkrn View Post
                          They try to do this in Nashville at the Wyndham. We say OK, and then plan to be out of the unit when they come by.
                          Bother. I hope to go to the Wyndham in Nashville within the next few years. May do the same.

Originally posted by Dori View Post
                          We had something similar happen to us at Westgate in Orlando. The saleswoman (not what she called herself) followed us to our unit upon check-in.
                          Yeah, I knew Westgate did it. Although I guess the stories I've heard were in Orlando as well, so maybe that varies from resort to resort. Anyhow, I hadn't heard Wyndham did it and hadn't realized it's as common as it apparently is. *sigh* I think I let my own experience trump my intellectual knowledge and block these stories out a lot. Then again, I sometimes suspect we don't get hassled because we look scruffy enough on vacation, they don't bother to pursue it when we say we're not interested.

Comment

Working...
                          X