Timesharing Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carolinian
    I have subscribed for years. It is a great magazine. The editors are not afraid to jump into fights to support timeshare owners. Some years ago they were instrumental in stirring things up to block the acquisition of II by RCI. More recently, they stirred up the fight to try to stop the sellout / ''settlement'' in the RCI class action lawsuit.
    Ditto on the above comments.

I also enjoy leaving this magazine at the resort that I am visiting alone the pool deck pool or in the resort lobby. Just for some laughs !!!

Comment

Subscribed for years & read every issue cover to cover. Plus the publishers are second to a very elite few in their total commitment to the betterment of the timeshare owner. For that alone they deserve great support and getting an informative & owner oriented magazine for the few dollars they ask is a bonus.

We even picked up te magazine as an item for sale in our gift shop at Cypress Pointe to help get the word out. I truly believe we as owners need to be fully supportive of the few real voices in the industry we have & TST is a key one. Subscribe & enjoy. And tell your owner/possible too!

Comment

timeos2, does Powhatan Vacation Resort have a new resort manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryne08 View Post
          timeos2, does Powhatan Vacation Resort have a new resort manager?
          They made a change about two years ago as I recall but I haven't heard of any thing more recent. I can check in two weeks if you'd like me to.

Comment

Originally posted by timeos2
            They made a change about two years ago as I recall but I haven't heard of any thing more recent. I can check in two weeks if you'd like me to.
            Can you check? Rumors are floating that changes are coming. The CEO made a visit to the resort about three weeks ago and was not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryne08
              Rumors are floating
              Floating or fixed?

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by Ryne08
                Can you check? Rumors are floating that changes are coming. The CEO made a visit to the resort about three weeks ago and was not happy.
                Will do - report back as soon as I get any solid information.

Comment

I decided not to renew- tipped mainly by the inclusion in the past few years of a regular column by someone I do not like.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                    I decided not to renew- tipped mainly by the inclusion in the past few years of a regular column by someone I do not like.
                    That leaves us wondering.
                    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by timeos2 View Post
                      Subscribed for years & read every issue cover to cover. Plus the publishers are second to a very elite few in their total commitment to the betterment of the timeshare owner. For that alone they deserve great support and getting an informative & owner oriented magazine for the few dollars they ask is a bonus.

We even picked up te magazine as an item for sale in our gift shop at Cypress Pointe to help get the word out. I truly believe we as owners need to be fully supportive of the few real voices in the industry we have & TST is a key one. Subscribe & enjoy. And tell your owner/possible too!
                      Plus the publishers are second to a very elite few in their total commitment to the betterment of the timeshare owner. For that alone they deserve great support and getting an informative & owner oriented magazine for the few dollars they ask is a bonus.

I could not agree more! I am a subscriber for that purpose alone and it does not matter if I even read an issue.

Comment

I look forward to reading every issue and have subscribed for well over 10 years. It was because of timesharing today that I was able to rent out my first timeshare and although I no longer advertise my rentals and sales in their publication, it got me started in renting out several weeks every year.
                        LARRY

Comment

I used to be a subscriber for a few years. I stopped cause we here gave them free plugs including free links. Not once did we get a free mention in there mag. So I canceled them and cut them out.
                          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I'm also a long time subscriber, but I doubt that I'll renew whenever that rolls around.

I also applaud the integrity and intentions of both Shep and Ray. However, far too often I find myself just skimming through each issue for a few seconds and then tossing it without really reading anything. I think the real problem for them is that much like traditional printed media, the popularity of the internet is beginning to degrade their target demographic. Normally, by the time the issue arrives- the topics have already been discussed on various online discussion boards (sometimes for months) and the articles themselves contain very little new information. Finally, as it appears that Shep is writing less than ever before (each issue now contains regular pieces from people I don't really respect or care to read), the content isn't as interesting to me as it used to be.. Either that or I'm just more educated than I was before! THANK YOU TS4M's!

Hopefully they will come up with a few new ideas or strategies that will help them survive. I always thought they should mail a number of free issues to retirement communities across the US to try and create a larger reading demographic. They charge enough in ad fees that the actual cost per issue should be almost nil. I also always thought they needed to create a viable online presence.
                            my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                            ~Earl Wilson

Comment

[QUOTE=rikkis_playpen;515648

Hopefully they will come up with a few new ideas or strategies that will help them survive. I always thought they should mail a number of free issues to retirement communities across the US to try and create a larger reading demographic. They charge enough in ad fees that the actual cost per issue should be almost nil. I also always thought they needed to create a viable online presence.[/QUOTE]

They need to Twitter!
                              Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

I find that TST has a few very interesting in-depth articles (often about legal issues surrounding timeshare ownership, or conflicts at particular timeshares) plus quite a bit of reviews for filler. While there is nothing wrong with TST's reviews, I prefer going to online sites where I can get many opinions & ratings about a resort, rather than just a single review. I am always pleased when TST shows up in my mailbox, and I intend to keep subscribing, but I no longer consider it worthwhile to read TST cover-to-cover.

Comment

Working...
                                X