Timesharing Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timesharing Today

Anybody here get this magazine and is it worth a subscription?

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
    Anybody here get this magazine and is it worth a subscription?
    I have subscribed for many years and always enjoy it.
    It is a perspective that is quite different then the highly knowledgeable owners you find here.
    There are also very up to date articles written by people that have inside industry info (kinda like our own "Rikki") and the polar opposite - mom and pop trip reports.

As I said, I like it and read each issue cover to cover.
    I am sure there are those here that are the exact polar opposite.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

I subscribed for many years, and even wrote a couple of articles and submitted them. However, in the last couple of years I found that it was less and less useful to me, and I let my subscription lapse earlier this year.
      Jacki

Comment

I stopped my subscription also. I found little useful information on it.

Comment

I subscribed in the 90's and still do. Good magazine, but any news is old just like any other specialty magazine. My subscription ends next year (I think) and I haven't decided whether to re-up or not.

Comment

I have subscribed for years. It is a great magazine. The editors are not afraid to jump into fights to support timeshare owners. Some years ago they were instrumental in stirring things up to block the acquisition of II by RCI. More recently, they stirred up the fight to try to stop the sellout / ''settlement'' in the RCI class action lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal
              I have subscribed for many years and always enjoy it.
              It is a perspective that is quite different then the highly knowledgeable owners you find here.
              There are also very up to date articles written by people that have inside industry info (kinda like our own "Rikki") and the polar opposite - mom and pop trip reports.

As I said, I like it and read each issue cover to cover.
              I am sure there are those here that are the exact polar opposite.
              I have also subscribed for many years and read it from cover to cover. Learned a lot during the first few years, but not so much lately. There are always a couple of articles on resorts that I have never been too that I am interested in and sometimes they have some good information about the resort and surrounding area.

I will definitely continue my subscription which runs out in a few more months.
              LARRY

Comment

I have been getting it for over a year. I am newer at timesharing so the magazine is great for me....

Comment

I've been getting it for a year now. They cover different resorts, that
                  has different information than a review. I'll keep subscribing.
                  Up coming trips
                  May-Pono Kai Kauai, July-Jockey Club Las Vegas, October-Florida Palm Beach
                  My Website

Comment

I have been a subscriber for several years, and look forward to each edition. my only beef is that every time I submit a review (some are very detailed) online, it somehow gets lost or something. I don't get an extension to my membership, and have to resubmit.

Otherwise, I think it is a great publication. I have had several articles published over the years.

Dori

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I am still not sure if I can learn more from here and the other various websites or from this magazine. I may have to subscribe to it myself for a year to see.

It would be great if they had this at the local library.

Comment

Originally posted by jackio
                        I subscribed for many years, and even wrote a couple of articles and submitted them. However, in the last couple of years I found that it was less and less useful to me, and I let my subscription lapse earlier this year.
                        Same here . . . used to write articles for it. You got free issues for doing that.

Then Internet forum(s) came along.

How about the online version?
                        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

You can see the on-line version if you are a subscriber----talk about things that don't make sense.

Comment

I had some communications with Shep concerning some new stuff related to the classaction, post-settlement.
                            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

After several years of receiving the magazine, I didn't renew the last time it expired. While I enjoyed it for a few minutes when it arrived, there wasn't a lot of interest in it to me. I get all the best information in the online forums I read.

Sheila

Comment

Working...
                              X