Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dalewood Property Collection wants to buy my friends TS for 35K

http://dalewoodpropertycollection.com/index.html

Anyone heard of them - googled their name with scam and complaint and did not find anything.
    Opinions Please.....

Phone: 303-954-4870
    Fax: 303-993-1149
    Email: contact.service@dalewoodpropertycollection.com
    Address: 44 Cook Street
    Denver, Colorado 80206

Dear xxxxxx
    August Xth, 2012
    Name: (Mexican Time Share) Type: Floating / Every Year Location: Mexico Size: 1BR
    This letter is in reference to your recent phone conversation with Xxxx Xxxxxxxxxxxx, during which he discussed the intent to purchase your vacation membership. Dalewood Property Collection is offering $ 35,000.00 USD for your vacation membership. The payment method will be in one lump sum by bank transfer according to the terms and conditions of the Purchase Contract which would be sent to you, by our legal department, once we receive this letter of intent signed by you, the Owners.
    Please go over this information to ensure accuracy in the membership description. Feel Free to contact your agent, in the event that any corrections are needed in the membership description as well as to answer any questions that you may have.

About us:
    We are a group of highly trained timeshare professionals passionate about the business of timeshare sales and committed to shaping the future of our industry. We specialize in worldwide corporate sales. The success of our sellers and the satisfaction of our buyers are the keys to the success of our company. Our global marketing exposure will get your timeshare noticed, and our experience and expertise will help you position your timeshare to get the best deal possible.

Who benefits by working with us?
    -Anyone who does not want to handle the many details of buying or selling timeshare property.
    -Anyone who desires to conduct his or her timeshare property transaction expeditiously.
    -Anyone who does not have the free time to add one more demanding task to his or her daily schedule.
    -Anyone who lacks the necessary legal, timeshare real estate, marketing, or negotiating experience and contacts to handle the transaction.
    And EVERYONE who wants to be certain that he or she is getting the best possible deal while at the same time, steering clear of pitfalls that typically plague the time share transaction do-it-yourselfer.

We, Dalewood Property Collection, respectively ask that you consider the following proposal for the purchase of your Vacation Membership, please sign at the bottom, and we will proceed to start the sales process. This proposal only indicates your intent to proceed with this transaction based on the sales price offered above. A formal contract will be drafted and sent to you after receipt of this proposal signed by the Owner(s).
    ***By signing this document, the Owner(s) DO NOT relinquish the rights to their property*

EDIT - my friend has told me they told her they charge 8% of purchase price as their commission of the 35K, no mention that they will take their 8% out of the money before they send to her.
    GrayFal
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator
    Last edited by GrayFal; 08-10-2012, 09:27 AM.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

This has scam written all over it. I am sure it was a cold call. Anybody in the industry who wanted to buy weeks would be going to the bargain basement of eBay or to the PCC's, not paying out sums like this. These buzzards keep changing names, so Google may not be of help.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
      This has scam written all over it. I am sure it was a cold call. Anybody in the industry who wanted to buy weeks would be going to the bargain basement of eBay or to the PCC's, not paying out sums like this. These buzzards keep changing names, so Google may not be of help.
      Yes, it was a cold call.

The payout information reminds me of the scam where you are sent a check for MORE then the rental amount and they ask for the overage back. You send it back and 2 weeks later the check is rejected by the bank.

Otherwise why would they specify they are sending you the 'lump sum' of the purchase price??
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

I have had so many people calling that want my TS, SCAM
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Sounds like a scam just to get your bank account number and info.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
            EDIT - my friend has told me they told her they charge 8% of purchase price as their commission of the 35K, no mention that they will take their 8% out of the money before they send to her.
            That's the scam. Send them $2800 and they send you $35K. Something must be up with the wire part to try to convince you it's real. But I don't think they can wire false funds, but they can send a bad check. Doesn't matter it's the classic too good to be true, let's get this greedy sucker scam.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGuy View Post
              That's the scam. Send them $2800 and they send you $35K. Something must be up with the wire part to try to convince you it's real. But I don't think they can wire false funds, but they can send a bad check. Doesn't matter it's the classic too good to be true, let's get this greedy sucker scam.
              No question....It's a scam.
              Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

In this age of a plethora of folks trying to unload TSs for free, I don't even know why we discuss crap like this, and wonder if it is a scam or not.

Aren't we the eduacated ones?

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

We do because there are lots of people out there who might jump at the opportunity. Note that one of the things scammers rely on is greed and the chance to get $ 35k for something they really want to dump may be irresistable.

If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                    We do because there are lots of people out there who might jump at the opportunity. Note that one of the things scammers rely on is greed and the chance to get $ 35k for something they really want to dump may be irresistable.

We've seen this posted many times, but I think we're being too dismissive when we comment that it seems to be good to be true.

For many people who bought from the developer it doesn't seem to be too good to be true. They know that at the time they thought their timeshare they thought it was worth what they paid for it. So when they receive an offer that is in the ballpark of what they paid for it, that doesn't seem unreasonable. And if someone comes in offering more than what they paid for it, that doesn't seem strange either because they were probably told they were buying real estate and that if they didn't buy now prices would be increasing in the future.

So even for a lot of people who would normally become suspicious about too good to be true; the scammer offers really don't seem too good to be true. We shouldn't be surprised that they are so easily sucked in.
                    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                      In this age of a plethora of folks trying to unload TSs for free, I don't even know why we discuss crap like this, and wonder if it is a scam or not.

Originally posted by tonyg View Post

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
                      We've seen this posted many times, but I think we're being too dismissive when we comment that it seems to be good to be true.

For many people who bought from the developer it doesn't seem to be too good to be true. They know that at the time they thought their timeshare they thought it was worth what they paid for it. So when they receive an offer that is in the ballpark of what they paid for it, that doesn't seem unreasonable. And if someone comes in offering more than what they paid for it, that doesn't seem strange either because they were probably told they were buying real estate and that if they didn't buy now prices would be increasing in the future.

So even for a lot of people who would normally become suspicious about too good to be true; the scammer offers really don't seem too good to be true. We shouldn't be surprised that they are so easily sucked in.
                      As Tony and TR state, we NEED to keep bringing these solicitations to our forum to continue to warn people.
                      My friend who spoke to this company on the phone is an intelligent, educated person - anyone can be duped by these "super" sales people.
                      You all buy new cars, right?
                      ... and now this is on the first page of a Google Search
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks for the thread, very helpful, saved me time of digging deeper into this company, as I got a cold call from them today, (something I am not used to with my timeshare)

As a side note their website dalewoodpropertycollection.com was registered in July of 2012, all of the registration information is highly generic and goes to a yahoo address, and the website is hosted on a generic Web Hosting site in Argentina (which seems highly suspicious given the business is 'located' in Denver Co.

Hearing the hook they tried to pitch (classic send us a portion of the money and we will send you the larger portion later) in OP's post seals it for me as scam.

Comment

Originally posted by macvolcan View Post
                          Thanks for the thread, very helpful, saved me time of digging deeper into this company, as I got a cold call from them today, (something I am not used to with my timeshare)
                          Welcome to TS4Ms and thanks for your post

....and TS4Ms has saved another person from making a bad decision.
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

I thank you for all this information. I received the same call and letter of intent but got an offer for my TS in Mexico for 30K. When I spoke to the supervisor, he seemed so nice and knowledgeable about TS in Mexico. I did wonder why they didn't have a 800 or 866 phone number. I was told that they have an investor wanting to buy as much TS for Villa del Pilmar and be part of the UVC.
                            I also got a call from Sunrise Timeshare in Florida. Offering me 21K for my timeshare... all of the sudden we are getting 2 calls a week!!! I asked them how they are getting my information, they replied "it's public information".
                            Does anyone out there rent out their TS on ebay?

Comment

Definitely a scam. To add to what others have posted the "local" Denver phone number is actually an Internet phone number (VoIP). My guess is that they are operating outside of the US, likely in Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                              X