X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W & W Consulting Company wants to buy my timeshare for significant $$$

Hi All,

First of all, I'm know this has to be a scam. My primary reason for posting is to get the opinions of some more experienced timeshare folks. I've seen other people get a little disturbed about even discussing such nonsense in these forums but since this seems to be an ongoing practice I feel that alerting people to new companies that may be practicing this is useful.

My wife and I own a timeshare at the Grand Mayan in Nuevo Vallarta that we purchased 5 years ago and have yet to be back. We recently got a cold call from a company out of Sanantonio Tx called W & W Consulting Company and offered us $48K for our timeshare. A quick search on he web and I found that I it's easy to find the same units for sale for much less than that. The domain for this company http://wandwconsultingcompany.com was registered in September of 2012 which adds additional suspicion.

I received a letter of intent that says the 8% commission would be collected at closing and that the purchase price would be escrowed by an escrow agent of the "buyers choice". Here is part of the LOI:

Purchase of Vacation Property: On the Closing Date, the Buyer will purchase from the Owner certain assets of the Owner as identified in the "Guaranteed Resale Agreement", which is forthcoming.
    Purchase Price: Buyer will assume the assumed liabilities and pay to Seller a purchase price equal to the sum of $48,000.00 USD. The Purchase monies will be paid through an Escrow Agent chosen by the Buyer and delivered to the Seller on the Closing Date.
    Commission: W&W Consulting Company will charge 8% commission to the Owner at the time of closing.

Of course this sounds too good to be true so it must be. Has anyone else heard of this company and/or been contacted by this company? Also, any ideas if I should take the next step to see what the contract looks like?

Thanks all for any advice/insight.

Interesting. They do have a website with an address and phone number. I didn't check if it is a real address or a business where you can rent a box. Have you Googled if there are any complaints? Even that doesn't mean much because these fly by night scammers change their name constantly. They may not be scammers but check them out and don't pay anything in advance or you may never hear from them again. It has happened to many other people.

Comment

They will want an upfront fee. This is a scam.

Comment

WAY to good to be true i dont think a legit company would cold call anyone offering more $ than the timeshare is worth. this indeed has scam written all over it

Comment

48k for something that you cant get one bid on Ebay for.... SCAM!!

Comment

Thanks all. Yes it has scam written all over it. I couldn't find anything about them (positive or negative) on the web. The website was just registered in Sep 2012 which is suspicious as well. I hoped a post would find someone that has heard of them before. At least if someone else is approached by them they may see this thread and cause them to hesitate.

Comment

Originally posted by acalamari View Post
              Thanks all. Yes it has scam written all over it. I couldn't find anything about them (positive or negative) on the web. The website was just registered in Sep 2012 which is suspicious as well. I hoped a post would find someone that has heard of them before. At least if someone else is approached by them they may see this thread and cause them to hesitate.
              I expect it won't be long before we get another new member saying they just used them and had a great experience. I'd be wary of that, too...

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                I expect it won't be long before we get another new member saying they just used them and had a great experience. I'd be wary of that, too...
                I used them to get rid of our six unwanted weeks. They gave us $50,000. We could not be more pleased.

They either have a lovely office building or a parking garage:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=7550+W...wj5rw72uZ95wvA

Everything on the Internet is true.
                JLB
                Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                Last edited by JLB; 02-23-2013, 07:37 PM.
                RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

So JLB was that posted from (or by) swamppass ? Nobody would give you anything for your crappy weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                    So JLB was that posted from (or by) swamppass ? Nobody would give you anything for your crappy weeks.
                    Oh, no.

We got $50,000. I read that right above.
                    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Don't worry, they will change company name now soon, if they are a scam because they are on the radar now.

Come to think of it, several months ago, we were contacted by two different companies to let us know that they had a buyer for our Mayan timeshare. We don't even own a Mayan resort but RCI kept showing it on our RCI account until I asked them more than once to take them off our list of timeshares we own and they finally did but old lists must be floating around forever.

i told the two companies that we owned a Buganvilias week so I received a similar offer from both companies and the offer was ridiculous too but I was going to play the game with them to see where it would end. Eventually they wanted 10% of the offer price to continue the deal. They also had professional websites but I don't want to accuse anyone of being a fraud in case they are not and will sue us. If the offer is too good to be true, don't walk but run away.

The Bugavilias Resort sent an email out around that time and warned us of scammers and to let them know when offers like that come in the mail or by phone so they can alert us. A good idea that other resorts could do too in their monthly or quarterly communication. Many people are very trusting because they would never lie like that or take advantage of other people.

Comment

Working...
                      X