Timeshare fee's 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriott's Grand Chateau 1 bedroom

Operating Expense $629.40 (includes property taxes of $8.74)
    Reserve Fund $181.06

Total $811.06
    Our timeshare and other photo's at http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/

Comment

Marriott's Ocean Pointe

Proposed

2 Bedroom Villa:
      Operating fee $876.25
      Cash Reserve $287.51
      Property taxes: Platinum $224.67, Gold $153.11, $136.39

Total:
      Platinum: $1,388.43
      Gold: $1,316.87
      Silver $1,300.15

3 Bedroom Villa:
      Operating fee $1,054.52
      Cash Reserve $346.00
      Property taxes: Platinum $308.40, Gold $228.97, Silver $192.36

Total:
      Platinum $1,708.92
      Gold $1,629.49
      Silver $1,592.88

Comment

Regal Vista at Massanutten in Virginia

2014 Annual Maintenance Fee $810

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
          San Luis Bay Inn Avila Beach, CA studio unit (with full kitchen)-floating annual-MF $550.22 (plus property tax $47.28 paid separately to the state) increase over 2013 of 2.9%
          I was an owner at San Luis Bay Inn for many years. We owned a 1BR, 2BA Imperial unit. We bought there before the resort opened. I sold it a few years ago.
          John

Comment

Gaslamp Plaza Suites.

2014 M/F is $574 for a Mini Suite-Higher floor ( sleeps 4 ). Property tax billed separately by the county is $27.

The M/F dropped $1.00 from $575 in 2013. Property tax is the same.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
              I was an owner at San Luis Bay Inn for many years. We owned a 1BR, 2BA Imperial unit. We bought there before the resort opened. I sold it a few years ago.
              I bought there resale on eBay based in part on your posts over yonder, John. We absolutely love SLB and go often using bonus time. I actually owned 2 of these units for awhile but my son, who lives much closer, loves it so much he wanted my second unit. I deeded it to him & his wife so I don't have to constantly book 2 night stays for them anymore. They were thrilled to get it "free" from the folks. The mini-suites have full kitchens now and the entire place has been completely refurbished during the last year including new sewer system. I rarely see anything here for exchange. It's a very popular place.
              The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

UVC - Villa Group - Universal Vacation Club - Villa del Palmar / Arco 2014 MA Fees

UVC announced that across all units and ownership plans 2014 maintenance fees will remain unchanged for the second year in a row.
                Nice.

bbb

Comment

Carlsbad Inn 2 bdr is 934.98. Taxes not included. Taxes are based on what you paid for the unit. Mine were less than $30.

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
                    I bought there resale on eBay based in part on your posts over yonder, John. We absolutely love SLB and go often using bonus time. I actually owned 2 of these units for awhile but my son, who lives much closer, loves it so much he wanted my second unit. I deeded it to him & his wife so I don't have to constantly book 2 night stays for them anymore. They were thrilled to get it "free" from the folks. The mini-suites have full kitchens now and the entire place has been completely refurbished during the last year including new sewer system. I rarely see anything here for exchange. It's a very popular place.
                    I agree that SLB is great. The only reason we sold it was because we had too many weeks. We kept accumulating weeks at SFX until we had 17 use weeks banked. That was because I used their bonus weeks for exchanging instead of my regular use weeks. I decided to sell SLB and keep my Gaslamp Plaza Suites because the bonus tlime at the Gaslamp was more valuable to us. We also ended up selling many of our banked SFX weeks.
                    John

Comment

The Summit at Massanautten Virginia

2014 Annual Maintenance Fee $735

Comment

2014 HGVC The Surf Club of Marco Island 2BR Platinum week

Operating Fee: $788.28
                        Reserve Fee: $219.16
                        Real Estate Taxes: $76.72
                        Total: $1,084.16 (not including club dues, ARDA)

Comment

French Quarter Resort Branson, MO

2 bedroom loft unit:
                          2014 MF: $588

They did not send the budget breakdown with the MF statement. This upsets me since the MF is up $78 over last year of a whopping 15.3%. Granted the resort developer was in bankruptcy court prior to this year but, Spinnaker was managing the resort through the bankruptcy and was assigned the management contract after the bankruptcy.

At the very least they could have sent a letter of explanation for the very large increase in fee's. What worries me is we also own at Grand Regency, which was managed by Spinnaker during the bankruptcy but is now managed by the Colonade. Grand Regency's letter to the owners with their MF billing indicated there was NO cash reserves on hand for the resort and that the MF's were lower than they needed to be to maintain the resort. I worry what the fee's will be this year and have sort of been dragging my feet on an owner transfer pending notification for the 2014 MF's. It's a friend who wants to take the contract over and I don't want to give them the resort week, only to have to explain why MF's went up more than the average of 3% to 5% I told them is typical for timeshare weeks.

Comment

Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Breckenridge, CO

1 Bedroom Master Suite

Operating Fee: $484.33
                            Cash Reserves: $115.55
                            Taxes: $78.25
                            Total Expenses: $678.13
                            Owner Dues Per Year: $688.44 or a 2.7% increase

2013 MF: $670.41

I'm not clear if we pay the total expenses or the owner dues. I'm assuming we pay the owner dues. Why there is a $10.31 difference I'm not certain. There is a total income before dues notation of $10.32 but, I would assume since that is income it would reduce, not increase, the owner dues per year.

Comment

Acadia Village Resort-Ellsworth Maine

2br. townhouse $ 393 plus taxes up to around $ 100 (green and yellow weeks less)
                              2br. Villas (lock-offs) $ 415 plus taxes (about the same as townhouses)
                              Manor House is more-3br. lock off (4.5% increase over last year)

Comment

Working...
                              X