The Least One RCI Exchange Vacation Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Least One RCI Exchange Vacation Costs

Assume you are given a week, free. Assume a very, very low maintenance fee, $400. Assume you subscribe to RCI for one year.

Maintenance fee: $400
    RCI Subscription: $89
    Exchange Fee: $209

$695

your mileage may vary

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

It could be a lock-off and then you could get two weeks...another exchange fee though

Comment

Or your one week could give you enough TPUs to take two or even three off-season vacations.

Comment

your mileage may vary

(you could have Elite Rewards and eliminate the exchange fee and/or the subscription fee)
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
          Assume you are given a week, free. Assume a very, very low maintenance fee, $400. Assume you subscribe to RCI for one year.

Maintenance fee: $400
          RCI Subscription: $89
          Exchange Fee: $209

$695

your mileage may vary

And if you could still get your southwest Florida snowbird weeks at that price, you might not have bought a house in Florida.

If you can get weeks you really want for the same or less than it cost to rent those weeks, than RCI (and owning a timeshare to exchange) still works for you; if not then it doesn't.

Comment

Kinda funny how complete strangers know, or claim to know, what DW and I would or would not do. I do not believe what a timeshare vacation costs has much bearing on where one elects to live. It did not in our case.

In the OP, and in this thread, there has been no reference made to me or us.

It was intended to be a simple statement as to what one exchange (by a non-veteran RCI member who does not know all the ins and outs) costs.

But, what the hey, I could be wrong about everything.

Comment

Maybe if you hadn't posted 4000+ about your SW Florida TS exchange experiences and then lack there of, then this stranger wouldn't make assumptions about you and your SW Florida snowbird obsession that has abated remarkable since you bought your other house. Not stalking you but you post (often) and I do read about 60% of what you write about many things including yourself.

Comment

Your forgot the annual RCI dues increases, Jim. I'm sure Sally would have sleeping issues if it wasn't for your posts.

Comment

Well, yeah, she does seem to have issues, now that you brought it up.

4000? Now I feel slighted. It's obvious that she missed a few thousand.

Anyway, again, this thread was not intended to be about me, or Florida, or lack of Snowbird exchanges, or obsessing, either way. It was meant to be no more than it would be if one was here for the first time, reading it, and getting a feel for RCI vacationing.

Oh yeah, I read about 60% of what I write, too. I only have so much time.

Comment

How about a CMV Oak Timbers UDI with yearly MF's of $1,201 divided by 12 reservations =$100. per reservation plus the $84 house keeping fee=$184 per reservation that can be used for RCI and II weeks and others.

I have heard tell some rent out 1 or 2 summer weeks / and or winter holiday weeks and then cover their MF's and make a profit having 8 o 10 weeks to use for exchangesor what ever. If you have a small RCI points account you can bank up to 4 weeks per year an d get a lot of RCI Points cheaply.

Bruce
                    The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

Sounds like our Brucey, with his CMV UDI PHD. LMNOP

Not something someone taking a look at RCI for the first time would have a clue about.

Comment

Sounds like our Brucey, with his CMV UDI PHD. LMNOP

Not something someone taking a look at RCI for the first time would have a clue about.
                        What does PHD. LMNOP mean?

CMV stands for (Timbers) at Christmas Mountain Village and is RCI resort number 3662. The other non Timbers at Christmas Mountain village RCI resort number 1115. Bruce
                        The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

Unbutton that top button Bruce.

We're all just here having fun, in the sandbox of life.

Comment

Unbutton that top button Bruce.

We're all just here having fun, in the sandbox of life.

I can't as I might get arrested for ????? Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by brucecz View Post
                              What does PHD mean?
                              a doctorate in any discipline except medicine, or sometimes theology.

It would take someone like you, with a PHD in CMVs and UDIs, to know, or even come close to understanding what you do.

That's a compliment, even though it reeks of obsessiveness.

Comment

Working...
                              X