The Least One RCI Exchange Vacation Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLB View Post
    a doctorate in any discipline except medicine, or sometimes theology.
    Jim, I undstood that but what does LMNOP mean? Bruce
    The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

Oops, caught me.

LMNOP? Beats me.

How 'bout LSMFT?
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

That's a compliment, even though it reeks of obsessiveness.
        But aren't we all, and that's why we're here.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Ok, I know the LSMFT part!

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
            ok, i know the lsmft part!
            gfu

Really old, huh?

Comment

Assume you are given a week, free.
              Assume a very, very low maintenance fee, $400.
              Assume you subscribe to RCI for one year.

Maintenance fee: $400
              RCI Subscription: $89
              Exchange Fee: $209

$695

your mileage may vary

Usually on an annual basis, you will also pay a maintenance fee, which is used to contribute to toward the operation and upkeep of the resort at which you own. This is not a fee which is collected by RCI – you pay your resort directly.

Comment

RCI Weeks - Subscribing Member

RCI Weeks Subscription
                Annual Fees 1 Year $89

Comment

Your Vacation Ownership and RCI Membership

Vacation ownership, combined with RCI membership,
                  enables you to experience vacation destinations.

The first step in exchanging is depositing!

It’s important to remember that your Deposit Trading Power will often impact your available exchange options. So deposit early.

Keep in mind that the Trading Power needed for an exchange will vary based on supply and demand, so plan early!

Remember, being flexible will help you get
                  the most from your vacation planning experience

Your Vacation Ownership and RCI Membership
                  Equals a Special Timeshare Vacation Exchange.

Comment

How about just using your $400 week, paying your $89 and using last calls and rentals that total no more than $300 each.
                    Then you can dilute that pesky RCI fee down to $9 per week booked if you did 10 vacations a year without buying anything else.
                    So average vacation $320. And yes this is doable. I used to do it all the time before I bought my CMV and became like Bruce.

Comment

gfu

Really old, huh?

so true....

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                        Or your one week could give you enough TPUs to take two or even three off-season vacations.
                        A very valid point.

RCI is a great way to go where you don't want to go when you don't want to go there.

Comment

but sometimes you do....we head up to Wisconsin in winter months to get together in a resort with our DD and family who live in the Chicago area....great to frolic with the grandkids in indoor pool, wake up with them in the morning. Who needs prime time??

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
                            but sometimes you do....we head up to Wisconsin in winter months to get together in a resort with our DD and family who live in the Chicago area....great to frolic with the grandkids in indoor pool, wake up with them in the morning. Who needs prime time??
                            I totally agree.
                            Prime time is very over rated for travel.
                            I've always been an off peak traveler.
                            Europe sucks in summer. But oh how wonderful in spring and fall.
                            But you know how those snowbirds are.
                            I prefer to just live in snowbird land year round.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                              I totally agree.
                              Prime time is very over rated for travel.
                              I've always been an off peak traveler.
                              Europe sucks in summer. But oh how wonderful in spring and fall.
                              But you know how those snowbirds are.
                              I prefer to just live in snowbird land year round.
                              We are heading to Massanutten in Virginia over the Halloween weekend-Friday-Tues. It about 3 hours away. Schools are closed on Monday for a professional day and Tuesday for election day (it's a governor year here). Exchange fee was slashed to 4. I own a lockoff that I can rent out half and it pays for all but about $120 in MF and I can deposit the other half for 21 tpu's. RCI has an internal exchange fee of $139. So about $180 per week for a nice 2 br unit, I can get 5 anytime other than summer and week 51/52 weeks. I usually take only 1 full non summer week and use four 3-4 day weekends and give the rest of the midweek time to my mother, father, or brother's family. Even if you don't own there getaways for 2/3's of the year run about $200-$250 through RCI.

Its kind of blah post-leaves now but they have specials on the waterpark and golf (we don't golf but sometimes we rent the golf cart and take my grandmother 95 around the paths to get out and enjoy the fresh air. She loves the scenery). Last winter we took snow boarding lessons. We go tubing in the winter. We play disk golf in the late spring and fall and enjoy the hiking. Throw in some ping pong and racquetball and it really is a nice family weekend getaway. Staying at Great Wolf would cost 3 times as much for a 3 night stay (even when you throw in the extra for the waterpark at Massanutten) and even in off season $200 a night is only going to get you a hotel room.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
                                Not stalking you but you post (often) and I do read about 60% of what you write about many things including yourself.
                                Maybe this a bit late for this thread, but there are forums to help with Internet forum addiction.

Comment

Working...
                                X