The Least One RCI Exchange Vacation Costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
    We are heading to Massanutten in Virginia over the Halloween weekend-Friday-Tues. It about 3 hours away. Schools are closed on Monday for a professional day and Tuesday for election day (it's a governor year here). Exchange fee was slashed to 4. I own a lockoff that I can rent out half and it pays for all but about $120 in MF and I can deposit the other half for 21 tpu's. RCI has an internal exchange fee of $139. So about $180 per week for a nice 2 br unit, I can get 5 anytime other than summer and week 51/52 weeks. I usually take only 1 full non summer week and use four 3-4 day weekends and give the rest of the midweek time to my mother, father, or brother's family. Even if you don't own there getaways for 2/3's of the year run about $200-$250 through RCI.

Its kind of blah post-leaves now but they have specials on the waterpark and golf (we don't golf but sometimes we rent the golf cart and take my grandmother 95 around the paths to get out and enjoy the fresh air. She loves the scenery). Last winter we took snow boarding lessons. We go tubing in the winter. We play disk golf in the late spring and fall and enjoy the hiking. Throw in some ping pong and racquetball and it really is a nice family weekend getaway. Staying at Great Wolf would cost 3 times as much for a 3 night stay (even when you throw in the extra for the waterpark at Massanutten) and even in off season $200 a night is only going to get you a hotel room.

That sounds great! So glad you're able to go and enjoy it so frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
      I totally agree.
      Prime time is very over rated for travel.
      I've always been an off peak traveler.
      Europe sucks in summer. But oh how wonderful in spring and fall.
      But you know how those snowbirds are.
      I prefer to just live in snowbird land year round.
      You're right, traveling in off-season is a huge bargain. Due to school schedules, we can rarely get away when school is in session. But when we do, we're always amazed at the travel bargains! Even summer is inexpensive for some locations that aren't significantly hotter than the New York area.

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
        but sometimes you do....we head up to Wisconsin in winter months to get together in a resort with our DD and family who live in the Chicago area....great to frolic with the grandkids in indoor pool, wake up with them in the morning. Who needs prime time??
        It's so true. We took a vacation in the Poconos a couple of years back where all we did was sit around and talk, do jigsaw puzzles, do a little shopping, see movies. Very relaxing and a chance to catch up with our youngest child without the distractions of home.

Comment

Originally posted by grest View Post
          so true....
          Look at it this way--the older you get, the more time you have to vacation!

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
            How about just using your $400 week, paying your $89 and using last calls and rentals that total no more than $300 each.
            Then you can dilute that pesky RCI fee down to $9 per week booked if you did 10 vacations a year without buying anything else.
            So average vacation $320. And yes this is doable. I used to do it all the time before I bought my CMV and became like Bruce.
            We all aspire to be like Bruce! He really seems to enjoy life.

Comment

Well, that takes care of 6 or 7 blue weeks.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                We all aspire to be like Bruce! He really seems to enjoy life.

Our cost is even less than quoted in our first post as we have to pay income tax on our CMV UDI rentals. We enjoy trading into Marriotts for less than half their owners maintenance fees.

P.S. I have now go out on our balcony and put up with the sunny weather while watching the waves. Someone please me. Bruce
                The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

C'mon Bruce, you know about the Be Careful What You Brag About rule.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                    Maybe this a bit late for this thread, but there are forums to help with Internet forum addiction.

So how is it working out for you ?

Comment

Originally posted by brucecz View Post
                      Our cost is even less than quoted in our first post as we have to pay income tax on our CMV UDI rentals. We enjoy trading into Marriotts for less than half their owners maintenance fees.

P.S. I have now go out on our balcony and put up with the sunny weather while watching the waves. Someone please me. Bruce
                      That sounds great, Bruce! Glad to hear you are enjoying beautiful weather.

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                        That sounds great, Bruce! Glad to hear you are enjoying beautiful weather.
                        Thanbk you. B ruce
                        n
                        The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

C'mon Bruce, you know about the Be Careful What You Brag About rule.

Well Jimmy it looks like we will sell off at least 8 ownerships and one we gave away for free as we no longer use itr for cheap airfare. But on the bright side we sold off our weeks 26 at the Rushes for $14,200. and our Laguna Surf at a 67% profit. Most of the othewrs we cme out about even.

Jimmy keeping posting on these sites about what a great deal maybe you can finally if you lower the price say by $500. maybe you dump one if youare lucky. Bruce F. Czajkowski

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
                            So how is it working out for you ?

Comment

Originally posted by brucecz View Post
                              if you lower the price say by $500. maybe you dump one if you are lucky. Bruce F. Czajkowski
                              $500 less than free is about where we're at.

Comment

Assume you are given a week, free. Assume a very, very low maintenance fee, $400. Assume you subscribe to RCI for one year.

Maintenance fee: $400
                                RCI Subscription: $89
                                Exchange Fee: $209

$695

your mileage may vary

So back to the original post....

Whats the point of posting this? I assume to tell us that even a lousy week at a lousy timeshrare has value. Why dont you take mine....(With apologies to Henny Youngman: "take my timeshare.........Please")

One of the best bargains in timesharing today is the RCI Last Call vacation: cash only,(under $300) no exchange fee. So take your $400/yr maintenance fee resort, exchange it for at least one week at the cost shown in the original post and average down your cost for additional weeks using Last Call.. Thats 1 week at $695 Then, lets do, 10 additional Last Call weeks at $300. total cost is $3700 or $370/week or a little more than $50 a night and you too can be in a second home 3 months out of the year.

The ops post is a pretty transparent advertisement for the timeshare he has been trying to sell for forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X