Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4%-5% fee increases/year? How long can TS's sustain this inflation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orlando resorts available for $294 or less, no deposit required:

31 (137 available units)
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      I thought everyone knew that RCI subscribers stay RCI subscribers if they want to after their maintenance fee days are over.

So, they drop their vacation lodging costs to $209 to $294 per week.

"$209 sale ends tomorrow!

RCI to you"
      I know thats correct, but I dont know what it has to do with the problem the op has posed, that is, , if maintenance fees continue to go up at 4-5% a year, we will see a double in 14 years. and if that pace of inflation out paces the rest of the economy, the industry will dry up and die.

But I thought your problem was you cant take advantage of maintaining your rci account, having sold your timeshares, because you cant sell your timeshares. But you are paying your maintenance fees, No?

And if you are paying your fees you are not part of the 'no secondary marke' problem, because you dont need a secondary market, because you are paying your fees. If on the otherhand your were to default... now you become a part of the 'maintenance fees are going up faster than the cost of living' problem

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
        Unfortunately this isn't true for many resorts.
        All of the exchange companies seem to be in the rental business with retail websites for non owners.
        And I rented from many of the independents directly before I bought my first timeshare.
        Most of the Florida resorts have active rental programs with reasonable rates.
        I've seen those rates out pace my MF's though, so I'm still happy that I own, for now.
        What you describe is what I see as a "solution" If a resort has figured out how to rent their otherwise unproductive inventory, they have solved a problem, They will be better able to control increases in mf as long as the are to make every interval productive. And as long as it cheaper to own than rent, the problem that the op describes wont be a problem at all.

What I dont understand is how bulk deposits of hoa controlled intervals benefits the resorts.. I mean, do they get anything in return for those deposits that RCI rents?

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
          I know thats correct, but I dont know what it has to do with the problem the op has posed, that is,
          You said: "And you cant get to that RCI inventory, unless you own something too"

& I answered because that's not true. Of course, maybe you meant something other than what you said. That happens.

What it has to do with Doug, or anyone, is that after getting rid of all their timeshares, a person can still use RCI. RCI does not care where the money comes from.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
            You said: "And you cant get to that RCI inventory, unless you own something too"

& I answered because that's not true. Of course, maybe you meant something other than what you said. That happens.

What it has to do with Doug, or anyone, is that after getting rid of all their timeshares, a person can still use RCI. RCI does not care where the money comes from.

ok you got me

I dont think that there are that many folks that use rci without depositing something but thats not the point
            The point is that someone paid the maintenance fees for the deposited week that you are using.

But does any of this have anything to do with the ops point that maintenance fees, if they keep going up at 5% will destroy the industry?

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
              ok you got me

The point is that someone paid the maintenance fees for the deposited week that you are using.

But does any of this have anything to do with the ops point that maintenance fees, if they keep going up at 5% will destroy the industry?
              I am not sure that anyone paid "maintenace fees" for most the our most recent RCI/DAE/II exchanges especially outside the USA.
              - RCI points can be exchanged for Hyatt hotel rooms (but the daily parking fees have kept me from booking some)
              - non Hyatt hotels (with TONS of fees) makes us feel like we those "free vacation" postcards that if you claim the free resort week/cruise you will pay about $500 in mandatory resort fees/port fees/taxes/service fees etc.
              -condos like Vistas on the Gulf (DAE exchange) that are indepently owned. Terrific trade. Owner maintains unit very well and had tons of water sports equipment in the living room closet to use while we stayed. Management office on site mentioned they manage condo rentals for many owners at about 8 properties.
              My Website Link Oked by BF

Comment

Working...
              X