Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoping to have given away Westgate fixed week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping to have given away Westgate fixed week.

We are in process, but I am hoping that we are about to give away our Westgate timeshare. I would yell YIPPPEEE SKIPPEEEE, but I will wait until the deed and Westgate ownership transfer is complete.

I think we will be renting for a while.....

Super BIG THANKS to all that I have learned here and on other forums. Your insight has been amazing!!!!

Comment

Do they still have a transfer fee?

I assume their attempt to get a commission when an owner sells their week failed.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Yep. They still have the lovely transfer fee. They told me it was 100 dollars - but I see a lot of references saying it is $150. We will see what happens if and when the transfer actually happens.

Comment

Last Westgate transaction I had was a giveaway of a 2br at Villas for a summer week. Contract was written as $1. and Westgate exercised.. Their deedback took another 18 months to finish, and of course they tried to collect another m. fee payment while the seller waited for Westgate to get a deed recorded..

More of that "unbelievable" customer service that has made the Westgate brand so infamous!

Hang in there.. It may become a ridiculously frustrating experience dealing with that developer, but just keep focused and don't give up. Escaping from your Westgate timeshare will be worth all the time and trouble they seem to demand for what should be a very simple process!
          my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
          ~Earl Wilson

Comment

I am trying!!!!! Thanks for the encouragement rikkis!

I was told by WG that because I was giving it away for $0 - that they do not require it to go through FROR. I am keeping my hopes up!!!! Not to mention, we bought back in the 90's and there is no mention of FROR - but I have been told they exercise it anyway, and the only way to fight it is through the courts - which takes even longer and more $$. UGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

The deed is supposed to be sent back to us for review on Monday. So here is hoping all goes well. I really want to avoid another MF if we can help it.

Comment

You might check your contract just out of curiosity, because Westgate has been known to claim FROR even when they didn't have it.

Comment

We checked! No ROFR - but I have been told if they claim it, it is way easier just to comply because your only alternative is to go through the courts. And BTW - they WERE going to claim it until I told them I was giving it away for $0.00.

We will see what happens and I will make sure and report back. They did tell me if I had sold it (anything above $0.00) that it would have to go through ROFR. I started to argue that it was not in my contract...but then realized I would pick that battle if and when it came to pass.

Comment

Which by the way - seems kind of odd to me. Wouldn't that be exactly WHEN you want to exercise your FROR the most? If it were being given away for free?

Comment

They may not want to exercise ROFR at all.. With the slowdown in sales, they may have plenty of inventory. The primary reason they have for ROFR is to try to keep a resale buyer from getting the ownership- nothing more.

As for the giveaway- they may think that you are either giving it to a family member or to a charity. In both those cases they waive any ROFR.

Westgate will tell you they have ROFR on every Westgate property, and they also will insist that they have a perpetual exclusive right of resale even though that is illegal in Florida (they use that "tactic" to try to strongarm half of a broker's commission earned from a sale). All real estate listings must have a set expiration date.. Very few people have the time or money to sue them over these issues. And since the properties have become basically worthless on the secondary market there really isn't any real commission to fight over anyway!
                    my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                    ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Ah! That makes total sense. The transfer company is going to send the deed out today for review, along with my invoice. Does anyone know how banked weeks transfer to the buyer? Is there anything additional I need to do? They are banked with WG.

Comment

OMG!!!! I cannot believe it. But I think it is really gone. I called today to check on the account and it is in the new owners name and address and they won't give me any info. I am going to wait before I do the official happy dance though. I don't want to celebrate prematurely - is there anything else that I need to handle?

Comment

Originally posted by pnappleprincess View Post
                          OMG!!!! I cannot believe it. But I think it is really gone. I called today to check on the account and it is in the new owners name and address and they won't give me any info. I am going to wait before I do the official happy dance though. I don't want to celebrate prematurely - is there anything else that I need to handle?
                          Congratulations!
                          Lawren
                          ------------------------
                          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Nothing left now but endless phone calls from TS scam operators Wastegate sold your name to.
                            RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                              TS scam operators Wastegate
                              That's redundant.

Comment

Working...
                              X