Taking the DVC plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the DVC plunge

Just made an offer on DVC; they countered; we accepted. Haven't signed the papers yet, but plan to later today. Anyone want to give me a last minute "Do do it" and why not? I'm afraid I got pixie dust sprinkled all over me and have lost my sense of logic. I've always been good with money and have always felt it's best to "pay as you go", but some how the mouse got ahold of me.

I love DVC!.......I don't know what your situation is, but if you can afford it, have done the research, and are happy with the price, I say go for it, and enjoy!
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

If you live in an area where you will get use out of it, go for it. If not, the limited locations and the very high expense compared to other types of TS aren't worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
        I love DVC!.......I don't know what your situation is, but if you can afford it, have done the research, and are happy with the price, I say go for it, and enjoy!
        I would have been happier with our original offer, but this is the lowest I've seen since the BIG increase this spring. After we agreed, I did look at some #'s on disboards.com and saw we will be paying $2 more per point than someone else and I wanted to get THE best deal (pout, pout). We can pay cash, so I guess that means we can afford it? but really, no one knows the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Presley View Post
          If you live in an area where you will get use out of it, go for it. If not, the limited locations and the very high expense compared to other types of TS aren't worth it.
          Last time we went I really enjoyed magical express. We could drive if we felt we had to, but with little ones it's more of a 2 day trip. I like the idea that I could rent it out if necessary, covering all costs and maybe a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by ptlohmysoul View Post
            Just made an offer on DVC; they countered; we accepted. Haven't signed the papers yet, but plan to later today. Anyone want to give me a last minute "Do do it" and why not? I'm afraid I got pixie dust sprinkled all over me and have lost my sense of logic. I've always been good with money and have always felt it's best to "pay as you go", but some how the mouse got ahold of me.
            You only live once.
            If you can afford it and love the mouse I say go for it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Last time we went I really enjoyed magical express. We could drive if we felt we had to, but with little ones it's more of a 2 day trip. I like the idea that I could rent it out if necessary, covering all costs and maybe a profit.
              Since you are buying resale and have researched the prices and can pay cash and you know you can resell for what you bought it for (exit strategy) and rent it for more then maint. Fees, I say go for it.

And since u seems to live in FL, you are smart to look at BLuegreen. If your MIL "gifts" her ownership to your DH, all "direct from Bluegreen" benefits (bonus time at all BG resorts) transfers to him - you could make really good use of this at the many FL BG resorts.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Done. Now we wait .

Comment

Congrats! DVC is a great program. What closing company are you using?
                  my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
                  ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by rikkis_playpen View Post
                    Congrats! DVC is a great program. What closing company are you using?
                    The slowest one from what I heard timeshare broker services (The one used by sellmytimesharenow.com)

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                      Since you are buying resale and have researched the prices and can pay cash and you know you can resell for what you bought it for (exit strategy) and rent it for more then maint. Fees, I say go for it.

And since u seems to live in FL, you are smart to look at BLuegreen. If your MIL "gifts" her ownership to your DH, all "direct from Bluegreen" benefits (bonus time at all BG resorts) transfers to him - you could make really good use of this at the many FL BG resorts.

No, we don't live in FL. The drive for us to Florida with little ones is 2 days. For adults/teens only, 14 hour minimum to WDW.

Comment

No, we don't live in FL. The drive for us to Florida with little ones is 2 days. For adults/teens only, 14 hour minimum to WDW.
                        Sorry, I misunderstood. We drove when our kids were younger, 5 & 7, 7 & 9, 10 & 12 - it was 20-22 hours for us but worth having the car. What we would have spent on airfare and car rental paid for our park tickets.

With you kids,you will definitely enjoy DVC
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

I am extremely envious of you. My heartiest congratulations and best wishes.

Comment

Unless you like renting your ownerships out, I'm not really convinced buying into DVC makes financial sense (it's so much cheaper to trade into) -- but I'm jealous of you anyhow. Enjoy!

Comment

YES! Just heard today that we passed ROFR. Waiting for closing documents now.

Comment

Working...
                              X