Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday Inn Club / RCI --I'm very confused

Hi,
    I don't know where the "newbie" forum is. I've been an owner at Ron Jon's Cape Carribe Resort since 2011. I've only taken one vacation since joining and just got a letter saying that Holiday Inn Club has taken over Ron Jon's.

When I bought the timeshare..1 week every other year it was/is with RCI. In this letter Holiday Inn Club wants me to fill out membership docs online to be a member of HICV and I only have 21 days to do it.

I don't even understand this whole timeshare thing and I'm sorry I even started with this. I bought "week" not "points" and now they want me to convert to their points. I want someone from HICV to talk to me face to face to explain all this to me and what would I lose or benefit from my joining "HICV".

I don't know where to begin, what this means, what is my relationship with RCI and HICV.

Can anyone help me? I'm not an idiot, but I am ignorant of this whole timeshare thing and I need it explained to me as though I AM a stupid person.

Hi

I believe member jackio has a resort that is now part of the HIVC….hopefully she will chime in.
    And no, you are not an idiot, it is just that each system has its own rules, it is certainly confusing!
    GrayFal
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator
    Last edited by GrayFal; 06-27-2014, 07:50 AM. Reason: typo
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

I own Desert Club in Las Vegas, which was taken over by Holiday Inn Vacation Club. I owned a straight floating week, not an RCI points week (the resort had both types).
      HIVC gave us an option to join their network or not. The cost to join was only $204, $104 of which was to get an RCI points membership.
      We were led to believe that if we did not join, we could not deposit in to RCI.
      If we did join (which I did), we got an RCI points account, but you can only use it by going through the HIVC website portal. Each HIVC point is worth 1/2 RCI point, but the portal tells your availability in HIVC points. You also have the option of putting your HIVC points in to a Holiday Inn Priority Club (membership included and you become a Platinum member) at a rate of 5 HIVC points to 4 Holiday Inn points.
      We had to commit to 3 years if we signed up, which we did . My 3 years is up now, and I think we will continue with them.
      Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by Georgia632 View Post
        Hi,
        I don't know where the "newbie" forum is. I've been an owner at Ron Jon's Cape Carribe Resort since 2011. I've only taken one vacation since joining and just got a letter saying that Holiday Inn Club has taken over Ron Jon's.

When I bought the timeshare..1 week every other year it was/is with RCI. In this letter Holiday Inn Club wants me to fill out membership docs online to be a member of HICV and I only have 21 days to do it.

I don't even understand this whole timeshare thing and I'm sorry I even started with this. I bought "week" not "points" and now they want me to convert to their points. I want someone from HICV to talk to me face to face to explain all this to me and what would I lose or benefit from my joining "HICV".

I don't know where to begin, what this means, what is my relationship with RCI and HICV.

Can anyone help me? I'm not an idiot, but I am ignorant of this whole timeshare thing and I need it explained to me as though I AM a stupid person.
        Hi.
        I don't own holiday inn but I do own rci points.
        there are lots of nice vacation options open to rci points owners.
        In my opinion most of the good stuff like Hilton club in nyc or the bigger Disney units are more easily gotten innooints rather than weeks. Maybe due to less competition in points or just that rci deposits the better stuff to give points an edge over weeks owners for the developers sales sakes.
        I have always enjoyed my rci points. I think you will too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
        X