Virgin America's New Feature: Total Temperature Control By Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin America's New Feature: Total Temperature Control By Nest

Virgin Group Founder Richard Branson and CEO of Nest Tony Fadell announce that they're teaming up to create a first-of-its-kind system -- Total Temperature Control (TTC), which allows travelers to create their own personal climate controlled environment thanks to Nest thermostats built into Virgin America's Red™ in-flight platform -- the touch-screen personal seatback screen onboard all of Virgin America's aircraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1nzWY3JFJQ

Hmmm, Cancun Afternoon sounds good

Some family flying Virgin A this month. Will see if they have installed this yet. Sounds nice. Froze to death on Cayman Airways last month!
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
      Some family flying Virgin A this month. Will see if they have installed this yet. Sounds nice. Froze to death on Cayman Airways last month!
      Oh, now I'm feeling bad. It's an April 1st trick Pat. I had the advantage of being ahead by a day and reading about all the tricks before you even awoke on 1st April.

http://www.ibtimes.com/april-fools-d...-partners-nest

Comment

Originally posted by CarolF View Post
        Oh, now I'm feeling bad. It's an April 1st trick Pat. I had the advantage of being ahead by a day and reading about all the tricks before you even awoke on 1st April.

http://www.ibtimes.com/april-fools-d...-partners-nest
        And here I was hoping for a seat warmer/cooler option like I have in my car!
        It is actually a good idea..... oh well.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

And here I was hoping for a seat warmer/cooler option like I have in my car!
          It is actually a good idea..... oh well.
          It is a good idea, with a few modifications though I think. I'd probably end up burnt to a crisp by sleeping through the Cancun afternoon option and not sure if I'd like to sit next to someone who dialled Chicago Polar Vortex, looks like a mighty fierce blast to me, Richards hair was flapping in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by CarolF View Post
            It is a good idea, with a few modifications though I think. I'd probably end up burnt to a crisp by sleeping through the Cancun afternoon option and not sure if I'd like to sit next to someone who dialled Chicago Polar Vortex, looks like a mighty fierce blast to me, Richards hair was flapping in the wind.
            LOL, I thought that was just an exaggeration that they normally take with advertising....to make the point of being toasty warm or freezing-ly cool!!!!

Oh well
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

I've got a Nest at home, and find that it doesn't work very well for our needs, so would have had my doubts on a plane anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by happymum View Post
                I've got a Nest at home, and find that it doesn't work very well for our needs, so would have had my doubts on a plane anyway!
                I have no idea what a "nest" is????
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

LOL, I thought that was just an exaggeration that they normally take with advertising....to make the point of being toasty warm or freezing-ly cool!!!!
                  Interesting. In the UK and Australia there are penalties for misleading advertising, perhaps that is why I picked up the joke immediately, I'm not used to exaggerated advertising.

I have no idea what a "nest" is????
                  I have no idea either. It is starting to look like Nest (a US company?) did a mutually beneficial deal with Virgin to create an April Fools advertising campaign. The "joke advertising" doesn't attract penalties in the USA so that is where it is targeted?

Comment

Working...
                  X