Another Question on Anniversary, PT's and Reservations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Question on Anniversary, PT's and Reservations

Ok, I decided to start another thread. I did post this question in my other thread, but I want to make sure it get visibility.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the 12k points in Myrtle Beach deeded july 4th week (26).

MF's are due in November of this year.
    Points are not allocated until July 1st of 2013.
    How can I book week 26 of next year if points are not allocated until July 1st of next year and bookings have to wait till 13 months out.
    If according to BG we have to book 13 months out, to guarantee our deeded week we have to pretty much wait till 2014 to get our guaranteed week?

How is it that they deed week 26 and don't allocate points until that same week?

Here is my thought process.

November we pay our MF's. 2012
    Following July 1st - 12k pts. 2013
    13 months out in May 2014, Book Wk. 26 for 2015.

That can't be right is it?

Basically, you've missed the window to get your guaranteed week next year. Given the time it takes to do a transfer, (90 days?) you won't actually own this till probably Aug. so your analysis is almost correct, you won't be able to actually get that week till 2014. You will have the points to use @ other BG resorts tho. I think you can book it next May for 2014, even though your points haven't actually accrued.

What I do, and I am sure alot of others do, is pay the maint fee's a month early, and request to borrow the points. Then they are available immediately for use. This gives me a 6 month window that is earlier than my anniversary date.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by VA_Traveller View Post
      Basically, you've missed the window to get your guaranteed week next year. Given the time it takes to do a transfer, (90 days?) you won't actually own this till probably Aug. so your analysis is almost correct, you won't be able to actually get that week till 2014. You will have the points to use @ other BG resorts tho. I think you can book it next May for 2014, even though your points haven't actually accrued.

What I do, and I am sure alot of others do, is pay the maint fee's a month early, and request to borrow the points. Then they are available immediately for use. This gives me a 6 month window that is earlier than my anniversary date.

Greg
      I think next year the current owner is going to book it for us under his name.. So were good there. However I guess I am a little confused on how it works.

So basically when I pay in November, I'm not getting those points until July 1st the following year. I think I still can't book a guaranteed week until 2015 based on the 13 month window. Unless we can book before points are allocated. Is that correct.

Comment

Hey Tim,

Joe here -

What I see is I book 2013 week 26 on May 29, 2012 (borrowing the 07-01-12 points allocation). unless the transfer is already complete by then - in which case you borrow the points and make the reservation.

On November 1 you pay the 2013 MF's, and then use those points (borrowed again from the 07/01/13 allocation) at the end of May 2013 to reserve the 2014 week 26,

At some point if you decide you want to use points for other reservations than the week 26 reservation, you simply do do not borrow forward.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Joe,

Thanks for clearing that up AGAIN for me. For some reason it was about as clear as mud. We just didn't want to have to keep borrowing I suppose. I found it odd that they would deed a week with the same anniversary points.

Thanks for jumping in. Have a great day.

Comment

Originally posted by jophesgo
            Hey Tim,

Joe here -

What I see is I book 2013 week 26 on May 29, 2012 (borrowing the 07-01-12 points allocation). unless the transfer is already complete by then - in which case you borrow the points and make the reservation.

On November 1 you pay the 2013 MF's, and then use those points (borrowed again from the 07/01/13 allocation) at the end of May 2013 to reserve the 2014 week 26,

At some point if you decide you want to use points for other reservations than the week 26 reservation, you simply do do not borrow forward.

Hope this helps.
            When did paying the MF's early need to come into play?

Comment

No problem - I think all points systems have allocation dates that are months after you pay the MF's.

If you always want to book your week 26 you will never need to pre-pay mf's earlier than the November before - you just won't have any other points to book other reservations with.

Do you have the points book? If not, you can download it at the Yahoo Bluegreen Group site. You could look at it to see if there are other reservations you might want to target with the 12K points, rather than always using them for week 26 at HL.

Comment

You can book your deeded week from 13 months to 11 months, 1 day out (never wait THAT long).

You just might be able to get your week for 2013 if your closing goes thru in 8-10 weeks.
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by jophesgo
                  No problem - I think all points systems have allocation dates that are months after you pay the MF's.

If you always want to book your week 26 you will never need to pre-pay mf's earlier than the November before - you just won't have any other points to book other reservations with.

Do you have the points book? If not, you can download it at the Yahoo Bluegreen Group site. You could look at it to see if there are other reservations you might want to target with the 12K points, rather than always using them for week 26 at HL.
                  I did join the Yahoo Users group, but in all honesty, it's not a very friendly and clean format. Once you join, you get inundated with emails on every reply and discussion topic. I tried to find out how to stop it. The only way I found was to leave the group. I find that forums such as this are a much better format that the yahoo user groups. I'm not sure why they haven't upgraded that system as it seems so, 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarKidd
                    I did join the Yahoo Users group, but in all honesty, it's not a very friendly and clean format. Once you join, you get inundated with emails on every reply and discussion topic. I tried to find out how to stop it. The only way I found was to leave the group. I find that forums such as this are a much better format that the yahoo user groups. I'm not sure why they haven't upgraded that system as it seems so, 1998.
                    I get a daily digest rather then individual emails - it 'lumps' all the posts by topic -so if u have no interest in a topic, u just scroll past it.
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

Maybe you are lucky to have a July 1 anniversary date. Harbor lights is High Red during week 26. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I saw somewhere points only must be the required level (High Red in this case) at the beginning of a reservation. Your points can be used in all levels until June 30 and rarely will week 26 start as late as July 1. I suppose you may have to pay to save your points for use during the rest of the week, I'm not sure. If so, you could pay your maintenance fee a year early and they would be High Red for all of week 26.

Comment

Of course an even later anniversary than July 1 would be even nicer. But probably July 1 will work for using week 26.

Comment

# 1 Anniversary - Don't ever forget one !!!!

# 2 PT - Bought one in '08, looks and runs great.

# 3 Resversations - Bumb deal for Native Americans

Comment

Originally posted by 1950bing View Post
                            # 2 PT - Bought one in '08, looks and runs great.
                            We both have cars no longer made, your PT and my Saturn. Maybe we can call them collectors cars now.
                            Don

Comment

Your deeded week and your anniversary date aren't actually linked together for most people.

Your anniversary date has to do with when the points account was first sold. It is just a coinsidence that yours are the same...

Every November the maintenance fees you pay are for the points you will earn the next calendar year whenever your anniversary date is. Once your fees are paid you can request your point allocation at that time in November you don't have to wait until the next July. Your end date to use them as prime time or saved is still the same. July 2013 - June 2014, good in any season. July 2014 - June 2015 "regular" red or lower. After June 30, 2015 they expire. To use in the second year you have to pay a fee to convert you current points to saved which gives you another year. This is a fairly new policy.

If you tell Bluegreen you want to use your priority week, you are not actually going to receive points for that reservation, so I don't think it is a matter of having the points in your account at the 12 month or so that you want to use your week. Basically you are forfeiting your points that year to use your assigned week.

Anniversary date of July could be difficult getting other high demand vacations without prepaying. To put a reservation in at 11 months for July or August dates, you would need to actually prepay in July. They base this as an estimate on your prior year fees, any balance not paid you can pay when actual bills are processed in October.

Welcome to Bluegreen. That is an excellent week to be deeded to.

Comment

Working...
                              X