Another Question on Anniversary, PT's and Reservations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jabjaw7
    Your deeded week and your anniversary date aren't actually linked together for most people.

Your anniversary date has to do with when the points account was first sold. It is just a coinsidence that yours are the same...

Every November the maintenance fees you pay are for the points you will earn the next calendar year whenever your anniversary date is. Once your fees are paid you can request your point allocation at that time in November you don't have to wait until the next July. Your end date to use them as prime time or saved is still the same. July 2013 - June 2014, good in any season. July 2014 - June 2015 "regular" red or lower. After June 30, 2015 they expire. To use in the second year you have to pay a fee to convert you current points to saved which gives you another year. This is a fairly new policy.

If you tell Bluegreen you want to use your priority week, you are not actually going to receive points for that reservation, so I don't think it is a matter of having the points in your account at the 12 month or so that you want to use your week. Basically you are forfeiting your points that year to use your assigned week.

Anniversary date of July could be difficult getting other high demand vacations without prepaying. To put a reservation in at 11 months for July or August dates, you would need to actually prepay in July. They base this as an estimate on your prior year fees, any balance not paid you can pay when actual bills are processed in October.

Welcome to Bluegreen. That is an excellent week to be deeded to.
    Thanks. Bluegreen seems to be very flexible even with resale owners. The deeded week is a plus as we have kids in school. When I started looking and investigating TS, I was going to hold out for something that we knew we would want to go to and use. We are very blessed and lucky to have met the Gentlemen who is offering us the week.

So let's say we want to go somewhere else, Orlando Fl. Is it a fairly easy to book in Orlando for a resale owner?

Comment

Orlando is the easiest booking based on my experience. Myrtle Beach is the only thing that comes close.

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X