Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbe questions, looking to buy points

Hi,
    I have my home resort at X-mas Mount but, have never stayed there. Now that I am thinking about adding more points I was wondering…
    Other than Bonus Time and the exchange value from RCI. Is there any advantages or disadvantages to which resort my “unauthorized” points are at?
    Would maintenance fees be a factor in which resort to choose?
    How do I request / start a Estoppel? Is this something I can do? Or is it more of a lawyer, realtor thing?
    I thought I had my current Trust fund figured out but, just read a post that older purchases could not be a E trust.
    I am very new in the timeshare world but, have owned since 1997. I am looking at getting some more resale points. I know to PM Jim. I just wanted to have some answers for him so I wouldn’t waste his time.
    Thanks
    Dave

The one thing I know is that

You need to make sure that your new resale purchase is in the same trust to save the additional club fees. And ask Boca, he really is the resident BG guru, Greg
    Yes it is Safe in Mexico

http://www.timeshareparadise.net

Comment

Originally posted by Krimper View Post
      Hi,
      I have my home resort at X-mas Mount but, have never stayed there. Now that I am thinking about adding more points I was wondering…
      (1) Other than Bonus Time and the exchange value from RCI. Is there any advantages or disadvantages to which resort my “unauthorized” points are at?
      (2) Would maintenance fees be a factor in which resort to choose?
      (3) How do I request / start a Estoppel? Is this something I can do? Or is it more of a lawyer, realtor thing?
      (4)I thought I had my current Trust fund figured out but, just read a post that older purchases could not be a E trust.
      (5) I am very new in the timeshare world but, have owned since 1997. I am looking at getting some more resale points. I know to PM Jim. I just wanted to have some answers for him so I wouldn’t waste his time.
      Thanks
      Dave
      Dave,
      You asked a host of questions so I have inserted numbers for my answers.

(1) Once you have BG Points, Exchange value has nothing to do with the "home" resort. However, if you want to use the 13 month rule to guarantee availability then the home resort, week, and unit become important.

(2) Which resort is only important in Trust Funds A and C. They are essentially pass throughs for MF.

(3) You can only request an Estoppel for the property you own. Call PCS Holdings LLC-Third Party Transactions at 800-973-3316 (at least that is what was on the last Estoppel I looked at).

(4) If you know the number of points in your account and you know your MF, then it is easy to determine Trust Fund unless you are in A or C. If you bought in 1997 you are not in Trust Fund E.

(5) 1997 is not very new. Thanks for being considerate of Boca's time. I sometime think we overwhelm him but he always come through and is always polite (sometimes firm when firmness is needed but never sarcastic).

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Krimper View Post
        Hi,
        Other than Bonus Time and the exchange value from RCI. Is there any advantages or disadvantages to which resort my “unauthorized” points are at?
        Would maintenance fees be a factor in which resort to choose?
        How do I request / start a Estoppel? Is this something I can do? Or is it more of a lawyer, realtor thing?
        I thought I had my current Trust fund figured out but, just read a post that older purchases could not be a E trust.
        I am very new in the timeshare world but, have owned since 1997. I am looking at getting some more resale points. I know to PM Jim. I just wanted to have some answers for him so I wouldn’t waste his time.
        Thanks
        Dave
        If you are going to have a high number of resale points added to your account, I would look for Trust Fund E sales type Y...You will have one $ 320.00 base fee only..Your older account will continue being billed as in the past. All the points will combine into one total, but will not add to your premier level.

Comment

Dave,
          I am looking at selling off my BG vaction club points this year. I am deeded in Gatlinburg, TN at Mountain Crest for 7000 points since 2004 and have 7000 points which I have saved from last year. I'm not sure how to go about transferring it over but if you are still looking we could get some help.

Suzan

Comment

Originally posted by phillisue View Post
            Dave,
            I'm not sure how to go about transferring it over but if you are still looking we could get some help.

Suzan
            It is quite easy. The forms are on the Bluegreen website.

https://bluegreenowner.com//MS/Featu...2011_05-16.pdf

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by crwisconsin View Post
              Dave,
              You asked a host of questions so I have inserted numbers for my answers.

(3) You can only request an Estoppel for the property you own. Call PCS Holdings LLC-Third Party Transactions at 800-973-3316 (at least that is what was on the last Estoppel I looked at).

Charles
              While reviewing the forms on the 7:32 am message I just sent out, I noticed that PCS Holdings actually gets the Estoppel from BG's Resort Title Agency, Inc. As such, I now would suggest that you contact Resort Title if you need an Estoppel.

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by crwisconsin View Post
                It is quite easy. The forms are on the Bluegreen website.

https://bluegreenowner.com//MS/Featu...2011_05-16.pdf

Charles
                Thanks Charles for the information. I'll take a look at what the site has to say.

Suzan

Comment

Working...
                X