CMV / Hershey and trading power in II for Starwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMV / Hershey and trading power in II for Starwood

Ok, so as Angela and Pat have so eloquently pointed out I need a better unit then by 2 bedroom Westgate property to pull a Harbourside Unit.

So my question, is has anyone with one of the CMV UDI's actually been able to pull / view one of the HRA properties that have been seen on the sightings boards? Not that I got it for this reason, but curious if it is possible that will hold more weight than what I have.

That being said, what are the thoughts of booking / depositing a week at Hershey Suites in II? Does anyone think this would pull one of these if during a peak period like the summer? I realize getting peak period for peak period might not happen, but I am ok going off season to the Bahamas I just need to kind of plan in advance for it.
    gandalf252002
    Last edited by gandalf252002; 08-02-2012, 02:11 PM.

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
    Ok, so as Angela and Pat have so eloquently pointed out I need a better unit then by 2 bedroom Westgate property to pull a Harbourside Unit.

So my question, is has anyone with one of the CMV UDI's actually been able to pull / view one of the HRA properties that have been seen on the sightings boards? Not that I got it for this reason, but curious if it is possible that will hold more weight than what I have.

That being said, what are the thoughts of booking / depositing a week at Hershey Suites in II? Does anyone think this would pull one of these if during a peak period like the summer? I realize getting peak period for peak period might not happen, but I am ok going off season to the Bahamas I just need to kind of plan in advance for it.
    Never going to happen, unfortunately. The only Harborside units II gets is typically offseason. And most of those units don't make it past the Starwood preference period. Those that do are usually your small 1BRs with the limited kitchen. Even at that, you need a higher quality resort in addition to a highly demanded week to see if you're lucky enough to be aware of a bulk banking.

If you want to give yourself a shot at Harborside as a trade, you need a Starwood unit

Comment

You could always do a direct trade with a starwood owner. I have had a few offer to get me atlantis in exchange for disney. You can easily get disney now.

Comment

I was afraid somebody would say that! I am and have been entertaining the idea of getting an SDO for just that reason, but not sure that I can justify the costs JUST to go to HRA. I have been doing some moderations to my portfolio after doing some research and that may be someting for a few years down the road. Having 7 weeks banked, 5 with SFX and two with DAE means that unless I can rent a lot, picking up another unit would be useless to me as I have more than I can use right now.

Originally posted by djyamyam View Post

If you want to give yourself a shot at Harborside as a trade, you need a Starwood unit

Comment

I was able to pull some September ones that made it out preference with a CMV 2 bedroom 4th of July Deposit, Deposited about 1 year out.

Comment

I will definately consider that as an option when it comes time. It is a bucket list item, and not high priority so more of a wish than anything. Not having a disney to trade with will make it difficult, but I could always do a Hershey Suites, or a La Cabana trade. Are you trying to get me to buy a Disney property?!!

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
            You could always do a direct trade with a starwood owner. I have had a few offer to get me atlantis in exchange for disney. You can easily get disney now.
            This is the type that I was referring to. I realize it would have to be a peak week, so something like Hershey for 4th of July might just work. Never any guarantees of course, but nothing to loose if I don't get it.

Originally posted by keep travelling View Post
            I was able to pull some September ones that made it out preference with a CMV 2 bedroom 4th of July Deposit, Deposited about 1 year out.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
              I never understood why there wasn't a bigger market for direct exchanges...the internet gives us a VERY big access to other owners, its just a matter of getting one owner to connect with another

Comment

The fundamental problem with direct exchange is that everyone (a) is unwilling to trade down and (b) over-values what they own. Put those two things together, and....

Comment

Originally posted by Keep Traveling
                  Well thats awesome news. So doing an ongoing request with a wide net may just snag one of these. Great to know. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002
                    I will definately consider that as an option when it comes time. It is a bucket list item, and not high priority so more of a wish than anything. Not having a disney to trade with will make it difficult, but I could always do a Hershey Suites, or a La Cabana trade. Are you trying to get me to buy a Disney property?!!
                    No silly not buy disney. You do know how to get disney dont ya?? can you say guest certificate?

Comment

Originally posted by Ridewithme38

I never understood why there wasn't a bigger market for direct exchanges...the internet gives us a VERY big access to other owners, its just a matter of getting one owner to connect with another
                      Connecting isn't the hard part. Its building up the trust that is hard. If you don't build a solid online reputation you can fuggedaboutit. Hint hint.

Comment

All in all, it looks like waiting for my CMV to close will help me in getting what I am looking for. I have come up with a couple of strategies and yes chriskre, wink wink I know what you are referring to A friend owns at Disney, so that is an alternative and would definately consider a direct exchange with a Starwood owner if there is one out there who is interested in anything BG. When I do decide though to go, there will be many requests made with as many units as possible. This is not one I would pay to rent, having already spent $1000's in annual MF's, etc. If I rented, and was profitable on a couple units / reservations than perhaps I would use that towards this but like I said previously this is more of a bucket list / wish list. I am going to get there, it is just a matter of how and when.

Thanks again though for all the input, it is interesting to see that there are two sides, the naysayers that do not think it can be done and the people who think it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Keep Traveling View Post
                          You saw 2Brs outside preference?

Comment

Mostly 1 Bdrms but a 2 bdrm everyone once in a while.

Comment

I would be ok with trading down from a two bedroom in this regard. A trip like this would be myself and Karen only any ways so a two bedroom would not be a requirement.

Originally posted by Keep Traveling View Post
                              Mostly 1 Bdrms but a 2 bdrm everyone once in a while.
                              Originally posted by djyamyam View Post
                              You saw 2Brs outside preference?

Comment

Working...
                              X