No Maintnance Fees...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Maintnance Fees...

My wife and bought 10,000 (annual) more points to add to our 10,000 biennial points in Falls Village (Branson)to become Silver owners. We bought them after being told at Silver Level there would be no more Maintnance fees. We have just been billed for getting everything finalized and they have included Maintnance Fees. We just have this feeling we were told wrong...or we didn't understand what they were saying (I doubt we both heard wrong). It is almost impossible to get to talk to the person that sold us the points as we don't receive a call back. So far I'm not impressed with this whole deal but I won't get into that now...

Hello and welcome to TS4Ms.

Yes, there are maint fees associated with additional points.

You only pay one club fee of $129 per year.
    You only pay the base fee of $320ish once per ownership.

10,000 annual points should add about $425 to your yearly fees.

If you are more then 5-7 days from the signing of your paperwork, you can not rescind/cancel the purchase. Enjoy your additional points - and when u decide to add more points, buy resale.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Either you misunderstood or were told A Whopper. There are Always maint fees, you will not be able to escape them by buying more.

I'm sorry you were seriously misled.

Comment

Ouch!! More points equals more money. It can be easy to misunderstand, even a veteran like me. I almost bought points at Wyndham when they tried to tell me they would take my other week off of me so I would only have their points. When I discovered thankfully the next morning I would still have to pay my existing mf's plus give it to them ( pic points) I almost had a coniptian fit. I didn't sign the contract and let the salesman & the mgr have it. shaggy

Comment

What they may have said was that you would not pay any more on the base fees. If your new contract is in the same trust then you do not have to pay the base fee a 2nd time each year, as someone already mentioned. You just have the per point fees added to your maintenance fee bill.

Comment

I wonder if it was the 'pay maint fees with points' that you came away with, as that would, in theory, leave you with no maint fees. not a good use of points, but a premiere benefit nonetheless.

Comment

I have finally decided I must have mis-heard what they said but I'll get the rest of this figured out one day...

Comment

We're happy to help - just ask whatever is confusing or tell us what you are trying to do and we'll provide some direction.

And be sure to make use of the BG phone number - between Owner Services and Reservations, you should be able to find out whatever you need to know. Keep in mind that calling the res line is not just for making reservations - I have called up many times with fishing expeditions - what is available ANYWHERE is such n such time frame, or when is the next full week available at a specific destination or whatnot. They are quite valuable in helping you maximize your ownership. And sometimes you get really lucky and get someone on the line that has been to the resort you are considering.

You may also find some benefit of joining the Yahoo Bluegreen Group.

I've been a happy BG owner for over a decade. It just keeps getting better and better, imo.

BUT, the sales presentations are short and not always quite factual as the people selling are generally not owners/users of the club. It's easy to get things twisted in your head after one of those meetings. Happened to me, too.

The important thing to remember is that just because you CAN use your points for a lot of things, it's not necessarily good value for you. Keep in mind your cost per point when deciding things (like, using points for cruise is terrible value for the points necessary - better to rent out a reservation and use the cash for the cruise).

Yes, there is much to the club. Don't beat yourself up for not understanding it all. It will take time. Figure out one piece at a time, like WHERE DO YOU WANT TO GO FIRST?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Wingntrucker View Post
                  I have finally decided I must have mis-heard what they said but I'll get the rest of this figured out one day...
                  You didn’t mishear they tried this on me a few years ago.
                  Luckily Didn’t buy.
                  Remember if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is

You have to remember that the sales people only get paid if they make a sale.
                  So they are pretty desperate and may stoop to being slightly despicable.

Comment

If you are new to it, welcome to the world of timesharing, where the only real important thing is that the sales people are happy.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Working...
                    X