Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paying for RCI weeks-$169-$269-does this exist? Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying for RCI weeks-$169-$269-does this exist? Please help!

Hi,
    I bought 6,000 every other year with Blugreen. We know this gets us nothing really with Blugreen but were told that as a Travelers Plus member with the charter we could purchase a week in a 2 bedroom through RCI at any time for no more than $269/week. That is what sold us on it. We really like the idea of discounted weeks anywhere whenever we want them. The next day, I was skeptical so I went back and our sales rep said that yes, that was correct. I also looked up a property in Mexico through RCI on his computer next May and it showed an exchange of only 3000 points. I left feeling like my 6000 every other year and the 169-269 only for week long vacations whenever we wanted in 2 bedrooms was a really good deal. However, I can't find anything online about the 169-269 deal anywhere so I'm really nervous. Also, is it possible to get anywhere with 3000 points? He showed me it on his I-pad and it said 3000 points for a week in Mexico in may. Most importantly, does anyone have any info on the apartments through RCI in TP that only cost $169-$269 per week. Please help!! Can still cancel for a few days!

The important thing about timesharing is that your salesperson is happy.

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Welcome to the board! Before you do anything, RECIND YOUR CONTRACT! NOW!

Any deal you get from the developer is no deal at all. If, after doing additional research, you still want to buy a timeshare, there are much better deals by buying resale. But rescind now. Follow the instructions exactly that are in your contract and cancel it. You will be very happy you did so.

Kurt

Comment

PigsDad is correct. Recind now and buy resale. You can buy more points or the same amount of points off Ebay for a $1.00 and maybe some closing costs.
        Up coming trips
        May-Pono Kai Kauai, July-Jockey Club Las Vegas, October-Florida Palm Beach
        My Website

Comment

Is travelers plus similar to Last Calls with RCI? In RCI they have gone up to $294 for a 2 bedroom. There is limited availability so it is not like you can get any week for that price. I would not expect prime time weeks to be available in hard to get places but overbuilt places like Orlando, Williamsburg, Branson, Massanutten, Mexico etc are often available. Sometimes they even run sales to get them for $199 or BOGO. You don't need to buy developer to get these from RCI. RCI also rents these same weeks to non RCI members sometimes for a little more. Sometimes these nonmember sites also have sales so you can get them for less than what you can get as an owner or member of RCI.

You should rescind and do more research before spending thousands.

Comment

Yes, and no. Last calls are available without Travellers Plus (TP) through your existing BG membership. When you log into the portal you'll see it at the top. TP allows nightly stays through RCI, where as my understanding is without the TP you can only get weekly stays using points.

There are some other added benefits of TP such as bonus stays at ALL BG resorts, without you only get them at your home resort. A few other small perks such as camping, RV, dining out certificates etc.

Last calls are ONLY available on short notice and there is from time to time prime weeks in there. You can also sometimes get access to some prime weeks through extra vacations which are available further out for cash. However yes, normally overpopulated areas, and off season weeks go in this inventory.

To the OP, if you want some of the added perks contact BocaBum on this board and purchase through him. He can get the same developer features for you at substantially less, or if you are interested in the premiere levels. You will pay more then what is on eBay but you get additional benefits and then can suplement those with other resale. (essentially there are two types of resale)

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
            Is travelers plus similar to Last Calls with RCI? In RCI they have gone up to $294 for a 2 bedroom. There is limited availability so it is not like you can get any week for that price. I would not expect prime time weeks to be available in hard to get places but overbuilt places like Orlando, Williamsburg, Branson, Massanutten, Mexico etc are often available. Sometimes they even run sales to get them for $199 or BOGO. You don't need to buy developer to get these from RCI. RCI also rents these same weeks to non RCI members sometimes for a little more. Sometimes these nonmember sites also have sales so you can get them for less than what you can get as an owner or member of RCI.

You should rescind and do more research before spending thousands.

Comment

Thank you all. Sending in the papers tomorrow and going to do more research. In the meantime, is there a good site you can recommend for timeshare rentals.

Comment

www.vacationtimesharerentals.com
                www.Craigslist.com
                www.ebay.com

Comment

Am I happy that you found this forum in time and will save yourself a lot of money. Don't rush into anything because the deal will be there tomorrow too. It is easy to buy but a lot harder to sell a timeshare today so do a lot of research first before you commit yourself.

PS. Cancel your contract exactly the way they tell you to do this in your documents and keep a receipt of everything. Most likely, you will have to send it through the USPS and I would get proof of delivery and even with a signature so that you have proof that you sent it within the recission period.
                  taffy19
                  Gold Contributor
                  Last edited by taffy19; 09-27-2012, 03:07 AM.

Comment

There is a phrase that the sales guy will never tell you, but you need to keep it in mind for timesharing: Subject To Availability.

Anywhere, anytime, is not a realistic expectation. Somewhere at any time, or anywhere at Some time are possible, you just need to be flexible.

I think you went about things in a good way, buying a tiny package of points to get all the BG perks. Boca Jim can probably decrease your cost and keep those benefits. Bonus Time is available within 45 days of check-in so while a week may cost you more than an RCI week, you can book only as many days as you really want, so could come out less than an RCI week.

I would still suggest you stay with a BG/Boca's BG purchase vs ebay, etc., as those other packages, while cheaper upfront, will never count towards status and while you are new to the club, you may find that your appetite for points and perks increases the longer you test things out and find your addiction growing. The annual fees will be the same, it's only the upfront cost and included benefits that vary based on method of purchase.

Good luck and welcome to Bluegreen!!

Comment

When you buy a timeshare, you get access to one of the exchange companies. BG uses RCI and BG sets up the RCI account for you. RCI is a separate company that offers several things - exchanging, renting, etc.

The 3000 point thing you mentioned is one of the options available via Travelers Plus called 'hot weeks'. It is very short term notice renting but it uses your BG points as opposed to paying. The inventory that is available for this is RCI inventory.

RCI offers various ways of renting. It has "extra" vacations, "last call" vacations, and others. Different pricing applies. Sometimes RCI will offer specials, much like a retail store has a sale.

So, owning a timeshare gets you access to the exchange company (RCI) which, in turn, gives you more options.

Comment

Working...
                      X