Wanting to Sample Bluegreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to Sample Bluegreen

My wife and I are thinking about buying into Bluegreen. We have taken the three day trial trip to Big Cedar and sat through the sales presentation. We actually signed up to buy 20,000 pts but realized we could get the same for much cheaper via other routes so we canceled the contract.

Before committing for good, we decided it would be best to take a trial run and make sure we would actually enjoy doing a full vacation at one of these properties. So, we are looking at renting someone's time at a Bluegreen resort. I have looked online, but the search features are often lacking and I don't know who I can trust.

We would like to travel for a minimum of 4 nights between 3/9/2013 and 3/17/2013 (i think this is week 11, but not sure). We would like to stay in either Sea Glass tower, Club 36, Big Cedar, or the Fountains. We would prefer a 2 bedroom, but one bedroom deluxe would work if that was the only option (there will be three of us).

Does anyone have a week they'd like to rent, or can point me to place where I find someone who is?

Thanks.

Try this website: http://www.timesharekahuna.com/mytimesharerentals/
    It is trustworthy.

Comment

Look at http://RentWeeks.com
      It is a website of owners with places to rent.

Comment

join us on the Bluegreen Yahoo group. There are often owners with points to spare, and you'll learn a lot about the ins and outs of the program.

I'll add to recommendation from Timeshare Kahuna, but don't know that second site given.

Comment

The second site is just somebody promoting what appears to be their own site. I cannot see many people advertising weeks at a cost of $55 PLUS 2.9% of the rental value.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
            The second site is just somebody promoting what appears to be their own site. I cannot see many people advertising weeks at a cost of $55 PLUS 2.9% of the rental value.
            I didn't follow the link, thanks for the chuckle!! I'll keep it in mind should I ever be desperate enough to accept $60 for a week.

Comment

Looks that other site somehow grew out of the BG Yahoo group.
              I don't see any weeks for $55. Maybe they were dummy weeks.
              I do see a few CMV weeks on there though.
              Looks like it's free to use but they are looking for paypal donations and links back to the site.

Comment

This was taken from the link if you are interested in listing a week;

"Note: The list price will be the amount you request plus ($55.30 plus 2.9% of the total) When a renter purchases your week RentWeeks.com will hold the money until an updated confirmation is supplied to rentweeks.com with the Renters name for the person checking in. Upon receipt of the updated confirmation the amount you requested will be sent to you. The $55.30 plus 2.9% will be held by RentWeeks.com for admin and processing fees.

Comment

I just need to clarify a misunderstanding about XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

What you are quoting was from the site when it was only a few days old. It was on an off line in the first few days to test the site and test different models of the site. The whole format of rentweeks.com has changed dramatically in that time. The $55 plus 2.9% was a business plan that has been entirely abandoned. It was never what a person was to rent their weeks for. In any case, Its a quote taken out of context.

To list on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXs absolutely free. there is a donation box because hosting the website does cost money and to grow its abilities and web presence to advertise members listings will require funds. But you can use the site for absolutely FREE. I just ask that people give feed back on what they like or don't like or if there are features they would like to see added. Its a hobby for me.

It also has articles on Tips and tricks for Bluegreen owners ( I would like to include articles about other timeshares as well in the future)

Take a look at

REMOVED LINK NO LINK BACK AND HAS POSTED THIS SITE MORE THAN ONCE

Thanks,

W
                  bigfrank
                  Administrator
                  Last edited by bigfrank; 01-26-2013, 05:36 PM. Reason: NO LINK BACK AND POSTED SITE A FEW TIMES

Comment

Originally posted by wigginswade@yahoo.com View Post
                    I just need to clarify a misunderstanding about xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What you are quoting was from the site when it was only a few days old. It was on an off line in the first few days to test the site and test different models of the site. The whole format of rentweeks.com has changed dramatically in that time. The $55 plus 2.9% was a business plan that has been entirely abandoned. It was never what a person was to rent their weeks for. In any case, Its a quote taken out of context.

is absolutely free. there is a donation box because hosting the website does cost money and to grow its abilities and web presence to advertise members listings will require funds. But you can use the site for absolutely FREE. I just ask that people give feed back on what they like or don't like or if there are features they would like to see added. Its a hobby for me.

It also has articles on Tips and tricks for Bluegreen owners ( I would like to include articles about other timeshares as well in the future)

Take a look at

Thanks,

W
                    Hello Wade and welcome to TS4Ms - I recognize you from the Bluegreen Yahoo Group where u post frequently and I read all the daily digests .... In order to promote your site here, we require a link back to this site on your website similar to what u have done for the Yahoo Group - you could link directly to the BG Forum http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...egreen-Resorts and put your website link in your signature here.

The more people that know about all these sites, the better for all involved.
                    Glad to see your site is evolving.
                    bigfrank
                    Administrator
                    Last edited by bigfrank; 01-26-2013, 05:38 PM. Reason: REMOVED SITE IN QUOTE
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

Maybe someone mentioned this, but you can go to (I'm guessing) any Bluegreen resort by shopping craigslist, such as this one for Big Cedar:

http://springfield.craigslist.org/vac/

which I seem to recall posting elsewhere today.

Sample: DEC 26-28 at Big Cedar Wilderness Club, 1-Bedroom Unit - $80 / 900ft²

I might add while not the most hopping time to be there, there is no prettier place for the holidays or nicer place to have a log going in the fireplace and to relax in the indoor pool.

Anyway, you might incidentally discover that there is no need for an ongoing financial committment when you can rent ala carte .
                      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Hi GrayFal,

What is your username on yahoo group?

I was not intending to promote, although I guess indirectly thats what I did. I was testing the google search engine to see how far I had to dig to bring up my site, trying to figure out search engine optimization (a science in its own right.) I found through google search that there was a post about XXXXXXXXXXXXX on this site from a few months ago. When I clicked on and read the post I felt the need to explain and clarify the information about my site. I wanted people to know it had changed significantly since that post and is now free. In doing that I promoted.

Yes, I posted linkback to
                        Take a look at the bottom right of the home screen at

If members here would like updates from Rentweeks.com I will send quarterly emails out to members who join rentweeks.com (again free on my site.)

This format is new to me, is there a way to make it send new posts to email?

Thanks,

Wade
                        bigfrank
                        Administrator
                        Last edited by bigfrank; 01-26-2013, 05:46 PM. Reason: PROMOTING SITE ON 3 -4 POSTS

Comment

Is there yet-another need for warning regarding posting email address, not to mention one with a real name.

No, I am not an Internet creep, but I know one.

JLB
                          Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
                          Last edited by JLB; 12-11-2012, 07:46 PM.
                          RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Point well taken,

Moderator,

Please remove jlb's personal information about me. His point is well taken just edit it with xx for personal info.. But posting or reposting personal information about someone else is inappropriate. Ill change my username when I figure out how.

Thank you.

W

Comment

Noted, and I took care of it myself, racing back here within the alotted hour.

Whew, I'm outta breath.

But as long as you keep that user name, any moron can do the same thing, as I have demonstrated.

It was actually your email address that did the trick.

Comment

Working...
                              X