Owner update at Shorecrest (Nov 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owner update at Shorecrest (Nov 2012)

So my wife and took the owner update at Shorecrest yesterday. We are bronze owners and basically took the update with no intentions of buying anything and just getting the $50 visa gift card.

This is what I was told.

Bluegreen is no longer building resorts and only about 2-3% of deeded BXG inventory exists in their system. Bluegreen states they are going to an RTU system (right to use - "20-40 year lease" which is like the Disney Vacation Club). With this they said that they can not blend BXG and RTU and that if I ever wanted to go Silver or Gold that I would be under the new system and that the point levels are higher. ( bronze is 20k, silver is 35k, gold is 50k, and platinum is 70k I believe.) they also pushed the travelers plus 3.

Here my thoughts/ questions...

I was told years back when I went to bronze that the point levels were locked in for me forever - Yesterday they said thing have changed and they had to offer this to me because the legal dept was making them. The weird thing is that I had and owner update at the fountains in Feb earlier this year - and yesterday they said I signed something that "closed out my account" and that would no longer be eligible for BXG and the old premier level benefits. The only thing I ever signed was to decline to purchase points at certain price level (that apparently I was sent a letter that I never received but they were ready to offer that sale price back in Feb 2012)

Question - do anyone know what the truth is on this? I d really like to call Bluegreen Corporate and give them some grief on this. The lady was ready to offer me a package yesterday to upgrade to Silver in the old levels (Phase 1 vs the coming Phase 2 level mentioned above). She also offer the minimum 3000 point level to lock me in to the old levels that I thought I was already locked into.

Another observation - back in Feburary they stated that you could use TP3 to stay on Disney property - this is only the Dolphin and Swan hotels - which are not true Disney hotels - this I saw in the "book" they shared and was different than what was told to me in Feburary.

The salesperson really pushed the benefits of Gold level - talking about how to work the system and get free points by using free cancellations / double booking and villas upgrades. The salespeople were really hot on the fact of the extended "reservation" window. I countered with its a wait list with no guarantees - they seemed like no one has have not gotten a reservation at gold and platinum. They seemed like I would have no issue getting folks to rent points from me. When I told them I tried to rent to my 1000+ friends on Facebook with no bites- they were astonished.

The wife really likes the premier benefit "perks" - but I don't see it. I see power in pure points and the lowest price I saw was $1.30 a point yesterday. Pinnacle seems a better deal if want points - am I wrong?

They talked about how they go on owner road shows to give updates and get "the really reallys " on how gold owners use there points- anyone been to one of these?

Any perspective on all this??- I just feel that I am getting misinformed or lied to in attemp to get me to purchase additional points. We did not purchase anything - and I ve always tried to be savvy and do a ton of research.

I'd really appreciate some accurate info here.

I was told that the premier levels were going away in an update 3 years ago, and only had 3 months to upgrade......here we are 3 years later, and they are still here

Comment

The only thing to believe is DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING.
      The sales rep will tell you anything to get the sale.
      At least you walked away without signing anything.
      If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Comment

Originally posted by sdwagers View Post
        So my wife and took the owner update at Shorecrest yesterday. We are bronze owners and basically took the update with no intentions of buying anything and just getting the $50 visa gift card.

This is what I was told.

Bluegreen is no longer building resorts and only about 2-3% of deeded BXG inventory exists in their system. Bluegreen states they are going to an RTU system (right to use - "20-40 year lease" which is like the Disney Vacation Club). With this they said that they can not blend BXG and RTU and that if I ever wanted to go Silver or Gold that I would be under the new system and that the point levels are higher. ( bronze is 20k, silver is 35k, gold is 50k, and platinum is 70k I believe.) they also pushed the travelers plus 3.

Here my thoughts/ questions...

I was told years back when I went to bronze that the point levels were locked in for me forever - Yesterday they said thing have changed and they had to offer this to me because the legal dept was making them. The weird thing is that I had and owner update at the fountains in Feb earlier this year - and yesterday they said I signed something that "closed out my account" and that would no longer be eligible for BXG and the old premier level benefits. The only thing I ever signed was to decline to purchase points at certain price level (that apparently I was sent a letter that I never received but they were ready to offer that sale price back in Feb 2012)

Question - do anyone know what the truth is on this? I d really like to call Bluegreen Corporate and give them some grief on this. The lady was ready to offer me a package yesterday to upgrade to Silver in the old levels (Phase 1 vs the coming Phase 2 level mentioned above). She also offer the minimum 3000 point level to lock me in to the old levels that I thought I was already locked into.

Another observation - back in Feburary they stated that you could use TP3 to stay on Disney property - this is only the Dolphin and Swan hotels - which are not true Disney hotels - this I saw in the "book" they shared and was different than what was told to me in Feburary.

The salesperson really pushed the benefits of Gold level - talking about how to work the system and get free points by using free cancellations / double booking and villas upgrades. The salespeople were really hot on the fact of the extended "reservation" window. I countered with its a wait list with no guarantees - they seemed like no one has have not gotten a reservation at gold and platinum. They seemed like I would have no issue getting folks to rent points from me. When I told them I tried to rent to my 1000+ friends on Facebook with no bites- they were astonished.

The wife really likes the premier benefit "perks" - but I don't see it. I see power in pure points and the lowest price I saw was $1.30 a point yesterday. Pinnacle seems a better deal if want points - am I wrong?

They talked about how they go on owner road shows to give updates and get "the really reallys " on how gold owners use there points- anyone been to one of these?

Any perspective on all this??- I just feel that I am getting misinformed or lied to in attemp to get me to purchase additional points. We did not purchase anything - and I ve always tried to be savvy and do a ton of research.

I'd really appreciate some accurate info here.
        I think you spoke to the same Sales Rep we spoke to last year. They were really pushing the Traveler's Plus 3 - some of the benefits we discovered we already had under our existing Traveler's Plus. And, I remember the long discussion on the wait list. We have not had much luck with the wait list at Silver level. We didn't end up upgrading either. At this point we have all the vacation time we can use anyway - and we make good use of bonus time.

Comment

Working...
        X