A new resort Tradewinds in St Petersburg Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new resort Tradewinds in St Petersburg Florida

Just received my owners update email and apparently there is a new resort in St Petersburg added to the inventory. Looks big, although there are probably only a limited inventory. 11 Restaurants at one resort.

13,000-28,000 points per week in one or two bed room. It is a hotel conversion. I've not seen it but people on yahoo forum were not impressed and think its a bit pricey with the points required. I'd like to hear more about it.

Comment

New options are always good.
      Waterfront is always good.

Keep 'em coming BG
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

Tradewinds is a very nice property that was originally sold as the Breckenridge Club ( a leasehold interest with a specific expiration date). I believe those timeshare interests all expired about two years ago. I spoke with the property manager and he wasn't sure if they were going to try to recreate the timeshare HOA again and begin developer sales anew, or just use use the timeshare building to expand the hotel operations.

Hopefully, they have contracted for the fee for service program with Bluegreen- where they allow Bluegreen the sell and manage points inventory from the program. If this is the case, it would make sense that there would be a large amount of inventory..

If not, then it's also possible that they've just sold a few whole ownership condo units there that Bluegreen has used to add another dot on the map. If that is the case, we'll probably see other timeshare systems do the same so there could end up being a few ways to make reservations.
        my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
        ~Earl Wilson

Comment

It looks good, but is a bit on the pricey side for points. Hopefully it will be a point sink and free up some time at other beach side resorts!

Comment

Stayed there several times for business and for pleasure. We loved the resort. The beach there is beautiful, there are a lot of amenities, and the property is in a good location. I remember paddle boats on a pond with swans - don't know whether they still have that or not? I haven't compared points, but a lot of Bluegreen resorts we stay at during peak season can be pricey with points. That is why we opt to use bonus time when we can. This location would be perfect for us for a weekend bonus time getaway.

Comment

A worker was crushed by an elevator at the Tradwinds Resort on St. Pete Beach today.

It was locked in place, but somehow that failed.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/artic...eat-family-man
              JLB
              Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
              Last edited by JLB; 04-24-2013, 06:35 PM.
              RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Working...
              X