Parkside at Williamsburg, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parkside at Williamsburg, VA

We stayed here in 2011. We went to Busch Gardens. We stayed in 2 units (not a lock-out), which we didn't realize until we got there. So essentially, we had 2 1-bedrooms. This was the smallest bluegreen timeshare unit we stayed in. It was fine, but not impressive. Anyone else stay here? What was it like?

We stayed at both Bluegreen resorts in Williamsburg in 2011. Parkside is a bit removed from the colonial area of Williamsburg, but very close to Busch Gardens - in fact, it is right across the street. We thought the units were nice. We had a one bedroom as it was just the two of us. We particularly liked the fireplace as it was getting a bit cool at night - and for ambience. The staff were very friendly. Parkside has a nice pool area, but it was a little cool for us when we were there. I think you would definitely need a car for this property as there is nothing within walking distance. I also do not think that this resort has been fully built, but I do not know for sure.

The other Bluegreen property in Williamsburg (Patriot?) - name escapes me at this point - is located right in Colonial Willaimsburg and within walking distance to a lot of things. However, the units were smaller. I seem to remember they were basically a studio set up - one room with a partial kitchen. They may have had larger units but again, we were in the one bedroom. There was a pool on site and a lot of plans for future development. At the time, they were operating a hotel on site (used to be a Best Western). However, I have heard they closed the hotel in preparation for future construction. There had been some complaints about renovations being needed in the hotel portion of the property, but we did not see those rooms. It was a separate building. There was also a free continental breakfast, but likely that was associated with the hotel, as that is where it was held each AM.

Comment

Working...
    X