Rooms at The Fountains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooms at The Fountains

When it comes to the 2 bedroom deluxe and the 2 bedroom superior, is their a major difference? The deluxe has more square feet and sleeps 8 where the superior is smaller and sleeps 6. The superior however cost more points. Does anyone have a preference between the two? Is the superior truly "Superior"? Thanks.

We have stayed on more than one occasion and I don't think there is a major difference in the two. One of them has a queen and 2 sofa sleepers. The other has two doubls and one sofa sleeper. They both have a king in master bedroom. I would prob go with the deluxe and a little more room, but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Comment

Also, I know they say max occupancy of 6 for The superior but I feel that is incorrect. It has 2 doubles, a sofa sleeper and a king...go figure. We have stayed a week 2 different times with 8 and had plenty of room.

Comment

I stayed in a unit at the old section in Oasis Lakes and it was a sleeps 8.
        Could that be the difference between the 6 and 8?
        Could that also be why the bigger units are less points since they are in the older building?

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
          I stayed in a unit at the old section in Oasis Lakes and it was a sleeps 8.
          Could that be the difference between the 6 and 8?
          Could that also be why the bigger units are less points since they are in the older building?
          Correct and correct. The Oasis Lakes buildings have both the biggest and the smallest 2 BRs, and are also the oldest buildings onsite. The Deluxe are the big units there, and have a great view of Lake Eve. They have a queen and a sleeper sofa in the second bedroom.

I believe all the Superior units are in the building with the Presidential Suites, which puts you in the building by the pool but also means that you park outside the gates, last I knew. The Superior units are newer but I believe the Oasis Lakes more recently refurbished. They have two double beds in the second bedroom, as do all BG-built units there, and they're also all coded for sleeps 6. The fact that the units with the sleeper sofa sleep eight and the units with the two double beds six is annoying; I'd rather honor the rules, while the kids would rather have two beds in the second bedroom.

Comment

The units in Building 3 and 4 are all 16000 points (high season) the points value was set when BG bought the resort from Airtours (Mytravel) back in 2003. The reason they are listed as sleep 8 is because that is how they were originally sold.
            You have to rememeber that some of those units are still weeks and not points and in the original POS they were sold as sleep 8 but trade as 6, also there is still an Oasis Lakes HOA for the weeks owners.
            The smaller units in these 2 buildings are at each end of each floor units 01 and 06 with the exception of floor 6 in building 3 which has the 2 x 3 bed units

in the Oasis lakes days the smaller units were called deluxe and the bigger units superior just to confuss matters lol

Comment

Originally posted by smithiekid View Post
              in the Oasis lakes days the smaller units were called deluxe and the bigger units superior just to confuss matters lol
              Cause heaven forbid a developer call them what they are, "small" and "big".

Comment

Working...
              X