Orlando's Sunshine Resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando's Sunshine Resort

Has anyone stayed at this place before? If so, did you enjoy your stay or not? Any feedback would be great. Thanks

We have stayed here on more than one occasion. It does not have near the amenities as the fountains, but it is a great place to stay. We have never had a bad experience here. It all depends in what you want. This resort is about a 15-20 min drive to Disney but much closer to sea world and universal. The rooms are equivalent to the fountains and the pool area etc is nice. For the points it's well worth the stay.

Comment

We stayed here a couple years back and were more than satisified. They are none of the amenities of the larger Fountains but it provided everything we need for our family trip. It is just off International Drive and is still close to everything.

Comment

Could you not just pop over to the fountains for "day use" ?

Comment

I do believe that you are entitled to use the amenities at the Fountains even if you are staying at the Sunshine.

Comment

You can often get day use at the Fountains, but call ahead to check.

We like the Orlando Sunshine as much as we do the Fountains, although they are very different resorts. Off season, at any rate, the Fountains is more high energy while the Sunshine is more laid back. The only downside to the Sunshine, for us, is that it's further from Walt Disney World. Well, and we miss the view over Lake Eve, but you only get that at three of the buildings at the Fountains anyhow. What the Sunshine does have is my favorite hot tub (the rest of the family likes to hot tub; I get bored, but the one at the Sunshine has a waterfall in it so I last longer ), my favorite porch areas (padded rattan!), Fun Spot almost next door (I like the lit up ferris wheel at night; the older kids like to wander over there once in a while), and easy access to the Universal parks (via a bridge over I-4). The units in Sunshine building I are bigger than the Bluegreen 2 BR average and have a tiny second bedroom and a big kitchen (eldest son likes to claim the little table in there); the units in Sunshine building II are about average size for a 2 BR sleeps 8.

Comment

I have been to Sunshine and enjoyed it. I was not there to visit The Mouse, but a gallery exhibit. I don't need "the stuff" because I don't travel with kids, so it was perfect for me and my companions. We liked the pool area and the grills being Right There.

Awesome staff as well.

VERY nice unit, I gave my mother the Master and she was in hog heaven.

Comment

Stayed there once it was fine.

Comment

Working...
                X