Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deeded Week

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I will need to spend some time reading these posts. There seems to be a wealth of information here. We have been BG owners since June 2008 and just found out that we have deeded weeks available to use. Our sales person was in a hurry to get home or something and NEVER explained the deeded weeks. Should we have figured this out on our own?

Can someone please tell me how they work? How we reserve to use them? When to reserve them? Can we rent them to someone else? Basically, all the ins and outs to make the most of those deeded weeks. It really ticks me off we were not aware of these two weeks. That makes 10 missed vacations or $$ missed by not being made aware of these.

Our weeks are at Shenandoah Crossings. This is what our deed states: An undivided 2/2, 444 interest in Phase 2. And then on the next line 420C/13F, 420C/31F. Does this make any sense?

Thank you!

Okay, no one is commenting which leads me to believe we were pretty stupid not to know about the deeded weeks. Well, here's the real kicker on this. I just got off the phone with BG and it turns out our deeded weeks are RV lots!!! We don't own an RV and never plan to own an RV. No wonder our sales person just skipped telling us about the deeded week part of this. WTH! So we paid the same price as everyone else at the time and instead of a week somewhere we have an empty RV lot for two weeks each year. Hmmm... And they wonder why I won't recommend any family members to buy from them???

Comment

I don't know if this is the case in your case, and since no one really qualified has replied, Points ownership is often tied in Deed to fixed weeks.

In other words, you own a deed to something real (estate), so that you can have something unreal, Points.

PS: You can't just walk away from deeded real estate.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Don't sweat it. I have never used my weeks, opting to use the points.

That's how it works - "your weeks" are tied to your points. Any year, you can choose to use your deeded time (not bloody likely, I presume?) OR the points that they represent. You do not get both - you have lost nothing, assuming that you used the points.

If you bought to use The Network, you are still good to go. Otherwise, you clearly didn't go into this trying to secure an underlying week that you wanted. This is fine, I didn't either, and have never visited my weeks nor the resorts they are tied to.

Please, do not feel stupid. Many of us bought before we knew the score. BG is a great system, I do not regret buying in and have no plans to get out.

What your purchase accomplished was putting RV pad time into the BGVC for others to use. maybe you don't ever plan to use it, but my brother is buying an RV and I know he would like to use it.

If you had instead inadvertently bought half a week in Savannah, I'd be happy with that, too, as that's half a week in Savannah the club didn't previously have.

If you need help understanding what you own and how to maximize it, please join us on the Yahoo Group for Bluegreen. It's free, it's easy, and is all Bluegreen all the time with new owners and veterans alike.

regardless, enjoy Bluegreen. go, see, do!!

Comment

I have one of my deeds backed by a pad also. I have no RV. I always wanted to book it 13 months out, and show up with a pup tent.....

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if that's what is on my MIL's deed.

Comment

You can use your deeded week 12 months out from the date. If not used then At the 11th month it is automatically deposited into the club inventory and then Can be reserved by other club members. You get points for your deposited weeks and you can then use those points to reserve others deeded weeks that have automatically been deposited into the club. Most people let their deeded weeks get automatically deposited and use the points to reserve anywhere in the club. A very small fraction own deeds they are actually interested in reserving at 12 months out to use and so use their deeded weeks and get ZERO points (because they are not depositing weeks.) owners don't get points and deeded weeks, its one or the other.

Unless you own a deed at a high demand resort in a high demand season like a June or July week in a cabin at big cedar then its probably a moot point.

It also explains why club availability for those summer cabins is lacking. The owners seldom let them be deposited into club inventory and rent or use them themselves.

Comment

Bg listens to excuses of people of why they are not buying. One reoccurring excuse was that "my family owns and travels in an RV and can't use a timeshare." A couple of concrete slabs later that RV excuse is explained away with added travelers plus benefits to accommodate discounts at camp sites across the country. It was just a way to explain away RV owners reason not to purchase Bluegreen.

But on a basic level I agree, it's a concrete slab. I don't think they are in high demand. It was purely a sales driven decision.

Comment

Originally posted by wwiggins View Post
                  You can use your deeded week 12 months out from the date. If not used then At the 11th month it is automatically deposited into the club inventory and then Can be reserved by other club members. You get points for your deposited weeks and you can then use those points to reserve others deeded weeks that have automatically been deposited into the club. Most people let their deeded weeks get automatically deposited and use the points to reserve anywhere in the club. A very small fraction own deeds they are actually interested in reserving at 12 months out to use and so use their deeded weeks and get ZERO points (because they are not depositing weeks.) owners don't get points and deeded weeks, its one or the other.

Unless you own a deed at a high demand resort in a high demand season like a June or July week in a cabin at big cedar then its probably a moot point.

It also explains why club availability for those summer cabins is lacking. The owners seldom let them be deposited into club inventory and rent or use them themselves.
                  I think I know the answer to this question but I'll ask it anyway. I have a deed that includes four favorable weeks at a desirable beach location. Is it possible to request one of the weeks to keep for myself while allowing the rest of the weeks to be automatically deposited into club inventory? Or, would I have to take all four weeks? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by KPalmer View Post
                    I think I know the answer to this question but I'll ask it anyway. I have a deed that includes four favorable weeks at a desirable beach location. Is it possible to request one of the weeks to keep for myself while allowing the rest of the weeks to be automatically deposited into club inventory? Or, would I have to take all four weeks? Thanks!
                    I have 4 deeded weeks in 2 br units at Harbour Lights Myrtle Beach. I think they are week 20, 24, 30 and 38.

If I wanted to go to Myrtle Beach week 30, I could call Bluegreen 13 months to 11 months 2 days before check in and say I wanted to use the week. I would then have that reservation for next year. I can do this for one week or all 4 weeks.
                    I could also rent that reservation if I so desired or exchange it with certain exchange companies.
                    At 11 months 1 day Bluegreen starts to fill the wait list requests so if you are seriously considering using your ownership, do not wait nail the last minute, I would give myself a 4-5 day window before the 11 month mark.

You can also change your mind and cancel this reservation and the points will then be put in your account.

HTH
                    Pat
                    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                      I have 4 deeded weeks in 2 br units at Harbour Lights Myrtle Beach. I think they are week 20, 24, 30 and 38.

If I wanted to go to Myrtle Beach week 30, I could call Bluegreen 13 months to 11 months 2 days before check in and say I wanted to use the week. I would then have that reservation for next year. I can do this for one week or all 4 weeks.
                      I could also rent that reservation if I so desired or exchange it with certain exchange companies.
                      At 11 months 1 day Bluegreen starts to fill the wait list requests so if you are seriously considering using your ownership, do not wait nail the last minute, I would give myself a 4-5 day window before the 11 month mark.

You can also change your mind and cancel this reservation and the points will then be put in your account.

HTH
                      Ok, so even if the 4 weeks are part of one deed (not 4 separate deeds), I can request the weeks I want and let the other weeks go to BG inventory? If that's the case, that's a lot better situation than what I was thinking. We're at Daytona SeaBreeze, 2-br/2-bth, weeks 23, 25, 26 and 31. While we'd love to be there at least one of the weeks, obviously there's value in Daytona vacations during any of those weeks. Thus my question.

Comment

Yes, my 4 Myrtle Beach weeks are on one deed and I have reserved them separately. .
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                        X