Suggestions on Reserving at Lodge Alley Inn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on Reserving at Lodge Alley Inn

We stayed at Lodge Alley Inn a few years back. The location was great and we got a really nice room on the courtyard. At the time, it was my Mom, my fiance, and me. We had decided to give Mom the bedroom and we took the couch -so we got a one bedroom suite - no concerns, pretty straight forward.

Problem is, my Mom wants to go back with some of her girl friends and we offered to book a room or two for them. But, in looking at the diagram somebody had posted, there are so many bedding configurations and room configurations. My Mom would need to know specific bedding configurations ahead of time. She does not want to have someone sleeping on the couch and would need double beds. I am used to booking vacation clubs that have rooms types that are all pretty similar - you may not know the exact location or configuration, but you know how many beds, baths, etc. When booking Bluegreen, specific rooms are not assigned ahead of time - so we are told - so how do I go about making sure that the room has the number of beds needed? Has anyone had success with calling this resort and verifying that a specific room configuration is available - because if it can't be confirmed ahead of time, she will not want to book and take the chance of showing up with more people than beds. Handicap rooms obviously are booked ahead of time...........just wondering. I hadn't really encountered this problem - except for some of the properties in New Orleans which are similar - built in historical buildings so rooms are all different. Suggestions? Experiences? Thanks!

I suggest you call the resort directly.

On the Bluegreen website, it shows the 2bedrooms as sleep 6 and the drawing of the bedrooms show a queen or double bed in each bedroom.
    So 2 people could sleep in each bed.
    Do you mean she would need one of the bedrooms to have two twin (single) beds?

It is possible that if you made the reservation n the phone, the rep could 'see' if the rooms available had the twin beds or queen bed n the second bedroom. They could also note that request on your reservation and you could confirm with the resort a week ahead.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
      I suggest you call the resort directly.

On the Bluegreen website, it shows the 2bedrooms as sleep 6 and the drawing of the bedrooms show a queen or double bed in each bedroom.
      So 2 people could sleep in each bed.
      Do you mean she would need one of the bedrooms to have two twin (single) beds?

It is possible that if you made the reservation n the phone, the rep could 'see' if the rooms available had the twin beds or queen bed n the second bedroom. They could also note that request on your reservation and you could confirm with the resort a week ahead.
      Thanks. This is probably the best bet - problem is the hotel probably knows the rooms better than the Bluegreen reps., but the hotel folks can't book. On the site they list several possible bedding configurations for the different room types - and there are several possible floor plans under each general type. Some units have two doubles in the second room, and some have a queen.................some units have stairs and some do not.............
      I will give Bluegreen a call and see what they say. They should probably break the rooms down more on the reservation system - so you know a little better what you are getting. For example, a mobility challenged individual may not want stairs - they may want the one story one bedroom (not my Mom's concern). Or, some single folks staying together or families with older children would probably prefer two doubles over one queen in the guest room. If you ended up with the queen room instead, likely someone would have to sleep on the foldout..................

Comment

Working...
      X