Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BG now depositing to II & RCI directly for us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BG now depositing to II & RCI directly for us.

Called today to make a few reservations to deposit and the BG rep told me that part of the shut down at RCI was so that units could be deposited directly to II and RCI for us.
    No more having to call and give them the confirmation and week # anymore.

I like the idea but let's see how well it works.

I will found out myself too, as I just deposited my first unit to RCI. All my other's have been to II, and have had no issues so far. They say it will still take 24 to 48 hours, so until I see it in RCI not jumping up and down!

Comment

If you have a fixed week and unit, that should not be a problem. If you have a floating week, it may mean you get a lesser week deposited for you with less trading power.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
        If you have a fixed week and unit, that should not be a problem. If you have a floating week, it may mean you get a lesser week deposited for you with less trading power.
        Well that may be true with some systems but with the BG ownership that I own they are depositing the unit that you reserve up to now.

Comment

Yes, Chris is talking about the flex UDI Christmas Mountain Village. Although technically floating, when you deposit to the exchange companies you are giving the week you reserve, and not any other. Depending on the week you are reserving, will determine the TPU of course. I had an August 31 that I could not rent, so gave it to RCI to test out my new account.

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
          Well that may be true with some systems but with the BG ownership that I own they are depositing the unit that you reserve up to now.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
            Yes, Chris is talking about the flex UDI Christmas Mountain Village. Although technically floating, when you deposit to the exchange companies you are giving the week you reserve, and not any other. Depending on the week you are reserving, will determine the TPU of course. I had an August 31 that I could not rent, so gave it to RCI to test out my new account.
            Did you use the deposit calculator first to see how many TPUs you would get....just curious.
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

Yes, and it wasn't much! However I have my per TPU cost down to just under $7 so not too concenred with that. I was a little surprised to find out this was not considered a red week. At most it would have normally gotten 16 I think. I am having to use the TPU calculator in somebody elses account (and thanks to that person for all their assistance) so just waiting to see it show up now.

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
              Did you use the deposit calculator first to see how many TPUs you would get....just curious.

Comment

i am just being told that with the "new" system that i can no longer deposit my free white week in II, only RCI.

waiting for a supervisor now.

i just love how they take away our privileges....argh.....
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

I always use it and so far everything that has been deposited is what I reserved.
                  Surprisingly RCI is giving a generous amount of TPU's for late deposits.
                  I got 13 for a deposit less than 3 weeks away. Not that I'm complaining.

Comment

i am just being told that with the "new" system that i can no longer deposit my free white week in II, only RCI.

Well that really sucks.
                    Can you give it to SFX?

Comment

Of course, you know better than that.

I had a similar occurrence a couple of weeks ago. The BG agent told me that I to wait until the person had checked into the resort before I could make my next reservation. Only, I had been making reservations on the same day as check-in on 7 previous occasions before anybody had checked in. I simply called back, and talked to another agent who was immediately able to make a reservation.

Let us know how it works out!

Comment

after 40 minutes i gave up - they told me with the 'new system' the agents can not longer see the unit numbers so it is all done by the inhouse 'exchange department'. i can deposit a regular reservation thru the exchange dept. into II but free white/blue weeks can only be deposited with RCI.
                        i could get my free white resie but without the unit number i can not deposit it.

i guess they are taking away my right to deposit my free week into SFX, TPI, DAE and all the other independents as well because they can not see the unit number......

very aggravating!

any suggestions for taking this up the ladder?
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

the free white/blue weeks should only be used for bluegreen resorts, having said that most of the reservation staff either turn a blind eye to it or do not fully understand the benefit. Acouple of years ago I tried to book my free unit to excchange but was told this was not allowed , I asked to speak to a team leader and went right to the owner services manager, who told me thatt we were not allowed to use it for an exchange . I said thank you for the information and left it at that for a day or two then phoned again ,got a different ressie person and did the exchange. So to take it higher will only highlight the fact we have been using the free weeks for exchanges. it is not a right but a nice little loopehole in the system which works 95% of the time.

Comment

I think you are right to question this. RCI changing THEIR system, shouldn't have any impact on a 3rd party. Why would Bluegreen all of a sudden not be able to see the unit number when they were before? I just don't believe that.

I am assuming that when you refer to your free white week, you are talking about the one you get for being a premiere member? Since I am not familiar with how they "distribute them" is it possible to instead make a reservation with your white week, and then give THAT to II? Just deposit by going to II first with a deposit and a reservation number?

Maybe it's not a requirement to go up the ladder, just take an alternate root. Very frustrating though I am sure.

after 40 minutes i gave up - they told me with the 'new system' the agents can not longer see the unit numbers so it is all done by the inhouse 'exchange department'. i can deposit a regular reservation thru the exchange dept. into II but free white/blue weeks can only be deposited with RCI.
                            i could get my free white resie but without the unit number i can not deposit it.

i guess they are taking away my right to deposit my free week into SFX, TPI, DAE and all the other independents as well because they can not see the unit number......

very aggravating!

any suggestions for taking this up the ladder?

Comment

No, they specifically said it can be deposited with RCI only.

Originally posted by smithiekid View Post
                              the free white/blue weeks should only be used for bluegreen resorts, having said that most of the reservation staff either turn a blind eye to it or do not fully understand the benefit. Acouple of years ago I tried to book my free unit to excchange but was told this was not allowed , I asked to speak to a team leader and went right to the owner services manager, who told me thatt we were not allowed to use it for an exchange . I said thank you for the information and left it at that for a day or two then phoned again ,got a different ressie person and did the exchange. So to take it higher will only highlight the fact we have been using the free weeks for exchanges. it is not a right but a nice little loopehole in the system which works 95% of the time.
                              Pat
                              *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                              X