Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Mountain Village UDI available from HOA, transfer fee/special assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some new info from the recent budget meeting for 2014:

"The new MF will be 1072.70 for cottages, 1201.29 for Timbers

New Housekeeping will be 80.00, for cottages, $84 for Timbers"
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scootr5 View Post
      Some new info from the recent budget meeting for 2014:

"The new MF will be 1072.70 for cottages, 1201.29 for Timbers

New Housekeeping will be 80.00, for cottages, $84 for Timbers"
      Sheesh $80 to clean 600 sq. feet?
      I get the MF going up but not the HK fees.

Comment

Yeah, it would be interesting to know what the basis was for the increase there. Wasn't only like $45 a couple years ago?

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
        Sheesh $80 to clean 600 sq. feet?
        I get the MF going up but not the HK fees.

Comment

There was a pretty detailed and itemized list. It's not just cleaning costs, but also laundry, soap and shampoo, popcorn/hot chocolate/salt & pepper, etc. There's not really any padding going on.
          Scott

Comment

Sheri posted a detailed explanation on the CMV UDI yahoo group page. I agree that $65 to $80 is a big jump.
            Pat
            *** My Website ***

Comment

I think
              80 is pretty high, even if it includes the welcome pack. I think they are allotting something for the check in staff and the wear and tear.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                I think
                80 is pretty high, even if it includes the welcome pack. I think they are allotting something for the check in staff and the wear and tear.
                Just saw that Sheri posted some more details....
                " Yes it is but I've seen the complete work up of how much it costs to
                turn a room. It's not just the cleaning but soap coffee popcorn salt
                pepper, washing sheets,staff for checking in. Things I never thought
                of. Wear and tear when a unit is used rather than sitting empty.
                This management team has extreme details on costs.
                The maintenance dept is getting a system that tracks work orders and
                it will show what HOA should be charged for the time spent."
                GrayFal
                Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                Last edited by GrayFal; 02-09-2014, 09:16 AM. Reason: Typo
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

There was a pretty detailed and itemized list. It's not just cleaning costs, but also laundry, soap and shampoo, popcorn/hot chocolate/salt & pepper, etc. There's not really any padding going on.
                  Well maybe they need to start shopping at the Dollar Tree.

Comment

So who can tell me what the final word is on these bloody MF's?

The don't bill until June, but the are now expecting me to pay now to make reservations (my deposit to II was declined without them telling me).

Is this all of a sudden going to effect other reservations I've already made this year? Who are these bright people running the show over there and why can't they be consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
                      Honestly, I don't think anybody can.

If your deposit was for check-in before June, you're not supposed to have to pay the fees. I deposited an April week on January 12th to II, and a March week to RCI on January 22nd. What was the reservation check-in date?
                      Scott

Comment

If your deposit was for check-in before June, you're not supposed to have to pay the fees. I deposited an April week on January 12th to II, and a March week to RCI on January 22nd. What was the reservation check-in date?
                        That is correct - I just paid my fee $1,002 - and reserved and deposited a June 20, 2014 week.
                        When the bills are sent out, I will be charged the difference.
                        I still paid 'only' $65 for housekeeping as the new fees are not in affect yet.
                        HTH
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

The don't bill until June, but the are now expecting me to pay now to make reservations (my deposit to II was declined without them telling me).

Is this all of a sudden going to effect other reservations I've already made this year? Who are these bright people running the show over there and why can't they be consistent.
                          No, it won't affect the reservations you've already made and deposited.
                          Some of the BG employees know about how these CMV's work and some don't.
                          Sheri from the board keeps trying to educate BG management, but of course conveniently they keep forgetting.
                          To be fair, these CMV UDI's existed before BG took over so they are pretty much clueless
                          about what we even own, let alone how they work.
                          I think CMV UDI owners are such a small slice of the BG pie and although they are pretty
                          good about customer service on the phone, in the back office I suspect it's a different matter.

Yeah, that's the way it's supposed to work but things aren't always like they should be.

Comment

The reservation was for 5/24/2014 to 5/31/2014 so prior to the June 1st date. If I lose the reservation that I made with this deposit, and the promo that went along with this I am NOT going to be a happy camper. I'll be calling both BG and II tomorrow, as with my current state it would not be a good idea for me to call either company.

Very disappointed that NEITHER company called me to tell me that the deposit had not been excepted. Had I not tried to make an exchange, I might never have known.

Comment

The reservation was for 5/24/2014 to 5/31/2014 so prior to the June 1st date. If I lose the reservation that I made with this deposit, and the promo that went along with this I am NOT going to be a happy camper. I'll be calling both BG and II tomorrow, as with my current state it would not be a good idea for me to call either company.

Very disappointed that NEITHER company called me to tell me that the deposit had not been excepted. Had I not tried to make an exchange, I might never have known.
                              II usually sends a postcard when they have trouble with a deposit.
                              Did you check your mail?

Comment

There was nothing, snail mail or otherwise.

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                                II usually sends a postcard when they have trouble with a deposit.
                                Did you check your mail?

Comment

Working...
                                X