Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Mountain Village UDI available from HOA, transfer fee/special assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Mountain Village UDI available from HOA, transfer fee/special assessment

The Home Owner Association at Christmas Mountain has the following ownership available for the cost of the transfer fee plus June 2014 maint fee and the special assessment due January 2014. There is a third and final SA in January 2015.

Originally posted by 10
    If you've been around for a while, you may have heard of the legendary UDIs at Christmas Mountain Village in Wisconsin, a Bluegreen Resort. They are an unusual type of fractional (multi-week) ownership. CMV UDIs are deeded as three weeks per year. However, rather than three reservations per year, owners are actually allowed three reservations at a time (one red and two off-season), plus one last-minute reservation (45 days or less before check-in.) This allows the possibility of many reservations per year. The typical TS4Ms member gets 10-12 per year reservations from one CMV Cottage UDI. It's possible to get many more if you reserve close to check-in. There are only two resorts in the US that allow these multiple reservations, Christmas Mountain Village in Wisconsin and Shenandoah Valley in Virginia.

If you are interested in this, you should be aware that there is a special assessment for $1031 per year due for the next two years, started January 20, 2013 thru 2015. That works out to a total cost of $3093 per ownership. (There are 17 owners per cottage, so about $51,000 is being spent to renovate each cottage.) Work has already begun at the resort and the new units are turning out nice.

The Christmas Mountain Village Cottages are small individual buildings and duplexes in a campground setting. They are all two-bedroom and most are about 650 square feet (which is small for a two-bedroom) with a single bath. A few are larger and have a second bathroom, but these tend to book up well in advance.

The MFs are billed on a fiscal year starting in June. The fees in June 2012 (for the 2012/2013 fiscal year) were just about $1000 in June 2012.

There is also a $65 cleaning fee for every week one books. So, the total cost to own one of these is around $2650-$2780 a year for 10-12 weeks of 2-bedroom timeshares. These weeks are VERY flexible and can be deposited into II (where they trade quite well), RCI Weeks, RCI Points-For-Deposit, and most independent exchange companies. Many Tuggers also rent a few weeks each year to help with the MFs.

This sort of ownership is really only suitable for an experienced timesharer who wants a lot of weeks.
    4 weeks a year will cost about $1260
    6 weeks a year will cost about $1390
    8 weeks would be $$1520
    10 weeks would be $1650

Plus exchange fees.....and combination fees in RCI.

Please contact Sheri at sherilundstrom1 (@) gmail.com.
    She is on the HOA and is handling the transfers.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

The more you reserve the cheaper the weeks become.
    I did about 18 weeks last year. This year I've done about 12.
    Even paying the special assessment this is a great ownership.
    For now at least.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
      The more you reserve the cheaper the weeks become.
      I did about 18 weeks last year. This year I've done about 12.
      Even paying the special assessment this is a great ownership.
      For now at least.
      Yup, 12 weeks is $1780
      14 weeks would be $1910
      16 weeks would be $2040
      18 weeks would be $2170
      20 weeks would be $2300.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

I probably shouldn't even be asking this, but do you know off hand if they have any that are Friday check-in? The one I got was a Saturday check-in and although it's been good, I think one with Friday check-in would be easier to rent.

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
          I probably shouldn't even be asking this, but do you know off hand if they have any that are Friday check-in? The one I got was a Saturday check-in and although it's been good, I think one with Friday check-in would be easier to rent.
          I think even though it's listed as a Saturday check-in and they encourage you to do so, you can reserve any day? The Timbers UDI I got, I've made a couple of reservations for Friday check-in.
          Scott

Comment

I thought they let you book either friay or Saturday check in's for deposit, and any night for personal use

Comment

I just did two Resies with Friday check ins yesterday.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

Yes you can reserve either Friday or Saturday.
                You can also book less than a week if you want to just rent the reservation.
                You don't have to book a full week if you are going to rent it and you don't have to prepay the HK fees.
                Of course the exchange companies make you book the full week and prepay the HK fees.

Comment

Good to know. I've just always asked by week number and assumed that it had to be Saturday. I've never actually asked for the reservation to be made for a Friday check-in. I'll definately be taking that into consideration for future reservations and now I don't need to by another one!

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf252002 View Post
                    Good to know. I've just always asked by week number and assumed that it had to be Saturday. I've never actually asked for the reservation to be made for a Friday check-in. I'll definately be taking that into consideration for future reservations and now I don't need to by another one!
                    No you don't need to buy another one. You have enough stuff.

Comment

Thanks for letting people know
                      Sheri

Comment

Originally posted by sherze View Post
                        Thanks for letting people know
                        Sheri
                        Your welcome Sheri, hopefully you will get some more new owners.
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                          Your welcome Sheri, hopefully you will get some more new owners.
                          I think with a CMV ownership you can pretty much get rid of 50% of your other timeshares cause this really opens up a ton of opportunities.
                          I know I'm getting ready to give away a few things.

Comment

Definately a great resort if you know how to rent....I wish i knew how to rent!

Comment

I keep saying "you don't need this...you don't need this"

Joy
                              “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Working...
                              X