Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Mountain Village UDI available from HOA, transfer fee/special assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your forgetting to tell them about the potential rental part of it! If you can do a couple of rentals you can reduce the cost even more.

Currently my average weekly cost is approximately $30 per week over one year. This includes the SA, maintenance fees, and all of my cleaning fees plus the initial transfer cost of $250. I also have 30 TPU in RCI (albeit small deposits of 8 each) a flex change and regular week deposited in II, and MADE three exchanges with II. One for a week in June in Alberta, and another for a summer week in North Carolina.

My goal is going to have been to cover every bit of my costs so that all I have paid for was the exchange fees and exchange memberships, something I would have done any ways. Every individual will vary, but it really requires very little work but the more you put into it the more you will get out of it. I was a little leary at first, but as you can see I've done quite well already in just my first year. I'll do a little tweaking next year as I was a bit gung hoe this year!
    gandalf252002
    Last edited by gandalf252002; 11-27-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
      Well you were very lucky with the SA, but I wasn't, so I do count it for now.
      When it's done in two years then I'll just base my costs on the MF's.
      LOL
      The numbers I posted above are for the yearly cost of the timeshare, NOT any upfront costs/purchase price.

That is all I am posting for people to understand what the YEARLY COST would be to reserve weeks for deposit, rental or personal use.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

But if more owners start becoming avid renters, won't it dilute the rental value/potential? Seems like a lot to be saddled with unless you can ultimately use the weeks yourself and enjoy. Especially with the rule changing that eventually happens in the timeshare game... jmho.

Still, I have always been curious about how this works and very much appreciate the in depth 101 (and probably 202, 303, and 404!)

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
          But if more owners start becoming avid renters, won't it dilute the rental value/potential? Seems like a lot to be saddled with unless you can ultimately use the weeks yourself and enjoy. Especially with the rule changing that eventually happens in the timeshare game... jmho. Still, I have always been curious about how this works and very much appreciate the in depth 101 (and probably 202, 303, and 404!)
          It might dilute rental prices a bit for white weeks, but shouldn't be a problem for red weeks in the Dells
          Scott

Comment

I'd love to get this and have been thinking about it for a while. Will keep thinking some more as I'll only use it to trade and I am thinking of dropping my RCI membership to join II. Only issue is, II seems really complicated to me and RCI works well with my Worldmark.
            Syd

Comment

For you experienced CMV traders, where do you get more value, RCI or II from the CMV cottage weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                The numbers I posted above are for the yearly cost of the timeshare, NOT any upfront costs/purchase price.

That is all I am posting for people to understand what the YEARLY COST would be to reserve weeks for deposit, rental or personal use.
                I know you are making it simple which certainly helps to understand these UDI's but not to factor in the Special Assessment
                kind of skews the numbers a bit. Not by much. 1K here, 1K there, not a huge difference when you are doing 12 exchanges a year.

Comment

But if more owners start becoming avid renters, won't it dilute the rental value/potential? Seems like a lot to be saddled with unless you can ultimately use the weeks yourself and enjoy. Especially with the rule changing that eventually happens in the timeshare game... jmho.

Still, I have always been curious about how this works and very much appreciate the in depth 101 (and probably 202, 303, and 404!)
                  Glitter,
                  What I like about this ownership is if you like to do lots of short trips it dilutes the cost of your exchanges to an
                  acceptable level to compensate for those short trips.
                  Like Gandalf is saying, you can just rent one red week and recoup almost 100% of your MF's.
                  Then the rest of your deposits are dirt cheap. Add on the exchange fees and your weeks can be costing
                  you less than $200 if you use II or the alternates or RCI points. RCI weeks will be a bit more but if you
                  are always getting 2 bedrooms like me, even 2 nights for $200 is an acceptable price IMO for the freedom
                  to come and go with your checkin check out dates. I rarely use a week for the full week unless I am
                  going to the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                    I'd love to get this and have been thinking about it for a while. Will keep thinking some more as I'll only use it to trade and I am thinking of dropping my RCI membership to join II. Only issue is, II seems really complicated to me and RCI works well with my Worldmark.
                    II is easy Sydney. The only frustrating issue with them is trade power, but CMV seems to do quite well for the most part.
                    It doesn't see everything but will pick up good stuff with ongoing searches just like RCI that you won't see online.
                    I personally haven't done any ongoing searches but from what I hear from other CMV owners it does well.

This is a quite versatile ownership. II, RCI weeks, RCI points for deposit, easy rentals, no reservation fees,
                    only pay housekeeping fees for deposit or use, All the alternates accept it for trade and I've even had people
                    want to do a direct exchange with me for my summer red week.

Negative is that you have to call in the USA call center to reserve. No online booking.
                    These ownerships have been around for a long time and seem to have stood the test of time, not that that is
                    a guarantee of the future cause as we know things are always changing but I think this is about as good as
                    it gets for a weeks ownership with ultra flexibility. There are points systems that are just as flexible like your
                    WM but for weeks you just can't beat the value, even paying the full special assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrob View Post
                      For you experienced CMV traders, where do you get more value, RCI or II from the CMV cottage weeks?
                      It depends on what resorts you want.
                      I get equal value from both because some resorts only trade in RCI and other in II.
                      I love II for the Marriotts. I've done 5 of those this year already. Also did a difficult wyndham exchange with II.
                      In RCI though my favorite beach resort only trades in RCI so I got 6 weeks this year thru RCI so for me
                      that's worth the price of admission.

I keep deposits in both RCI and II but tend to deposit more to RCI because of the combine possibility
                      and the option to extend them indefinitely if need me. II doesn't offer that right now so I keep only
                      what I forsee I will be using for the next year or two.

I only own a Cottage unit and it's done quite well for me so far. This is my 2nd year of ownership.
                      I've made well in excess of 30 reservations in those 2 years. I used almost all of them and have
                      yet to rent a single week. If you travel alot you will love CMV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sydney View Post
                        I understand that Worldmark also does very very well in II.
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                          II is easy Sydney. The only frustrating issue with them is trade power, but CMV seems to do quite well for the most part.
                          It doesn't see everything but will pick up good stuff with ongoing searches just like RCI that you won't see online.
                          I personally haven't done any ongoing searches but from what I hear from other CMV owners it does well.

This is a quite versatile ownership. II, RCI weeks, RCI points for deposit, easy rentals, no reservation fees,
                          only pay housekeeping fees for deposit or use, All the alternates accept it for trade and I've even had people
                          want to do a direct exchange with me for my summer red week.

Negative is that you have to call in the USA call center to reserve. No online booking.
                          These ownerships have been around for a long time and seem to have stood the test of time, not that that is
                          a guarantee of the future cause as we know things are always changing but I think this is about as good as
                          it gets for a weeks ownership with ultra flexibility. There are points systems that are just as flexible like your
                          WM but for weeks you just can't beat the value, even paying the full special assessment.
                          The Cottage UDI offers out standing value but there is about 3 to 4 times more UDI Cottages than UDI Oak Timbers.

We have 8 UDI Oak Timbers and one Blended UDI Cottage that has 12,000 Bluegreen Points. If you look at CMV adds you see very few UDI Oak Timber rentals available so they have a lot less rental completion .

The amount of people jumping on the UDI Cottages is why I sold off most of our UDI Cottages several years ago except for our Blended UDI Cottage that has 12,000 Bluegreen Points attached to it.

With II we got better trades with the Oak Timbers IMHO mostly because of the second bathroom, in unit washer and dryer and the screened porch.

Interesting even though the UDI Oak Timbers is abbot 250 square feet larger that a UDI Cottage, our Oak Timbers special assessment was bout $2,450 compared to the $3,000 plus for the smaller UDI Cottage.

We had paid the rest of the Special assessments in full early in 2013 on all of our 10 CMV ownerships so if we get a good offer it can be done ASAP. We can like before set it up for the new owners to make reservations even before the Bluegreen has them listed as owners..

Here are IMHO are some other VERY Important things to keep in mind.

Even if you only get UDI 8 reservations per year for the about $1,100 yearly maintenance fees yearly UDI Pure Oak Timbers reservations. then adding $65 for each housekeeping fee x8= $520 plus the about $1,100 MF's = $1,620 for those 8 reservations in one year.

8 weeks of yearly Maintenance fees for most decent 2 bedrooms at $600 would be about $4,800 so you would save about $3,180 yearly with a UDI Oak Timbers.'

Also a average deed change cost of $300 x 8= $2400 vs. one Pure Oak Timbers UDI deed at Bluegrren is about $450 if they do all of the transfer which is a savings of about $1,950. But I can do the paperwork, send it to Salk county for under $50 and then send it Bluegreen and be charged $100 to have it put into our names.

Advertising costs to try and sell one timeshare is 1/8 of the cost to sell 8 timeshares.

Bruce
                          brucecz
                          Last edited by brucecz; 11-28-2013, 02:42 AM.
                          The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

VERY helpful, Bruce, thank you!! And glad to see you around, Happy TGiving!!!

Comment

VERY helpful, Bruce, thank you!! And glad to see you around, Happy TGiving!!!
                              Happy Thanksgiving to you. I a posted the little info above because IMHO some only can see the UDI leaves ( special assessments) and not the big picture of the UDI forest and it's many advantages.

Most of the developer UDI Cottages sold for about $10,000 and most of the developer UDI Timbers sold for about $ 17,000.

I know over the past 12+ years the UDI's have given us the best value of the about 50 ownerships we have owned. I would say about 18 to 22 were UDI's as we flipped a few.

Bruce
                              GrayFal
                              Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                              Last edited by GrayFal; 12-05-2013, 07:19 AM. Reason: Corrected cottage/timbers
                              The Rushes Door Co., wk 35. Desert Club Las Vegas RCI Pts. 1 UDI Cottage CMV UDI's & 7 Oak Timbers CMV UDI's with 30,000 Bluegreen Pts. 3 World Wide Vacation Club Lind Mar Puerto Vallarta. Fox Hills RCI Pts More of our Timeshare Ownerships.

Comment

Originally posted by brucecz View Post
                                Happy Thanksgiving to you. I a posted the little info above because IMHO some only can see the UDI leaves ( special assessments) and not the big picture of the UDI forest and it's many advantages.

Most of the developer UDI Timbers sold for about $10,000 and most of the developer UDI Timbers sold for about $ 17,000.

I know over the past 12+ years the UDI's have given us the best value of the about 50 ownerships we have owned. I would say about 18 to 22 were UDI's as we flipped a few.

Bruce
                                Correction. The Cottages were at around $10,000 n0t $17,000. Bruce

Comment

Working...
                                X