Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Purchased-Within Recission Period-Please Help-Got Questions

Good Morning,

My husband and I sat through the presentation/sales event yesterday. We did purchase (7000 pts) but are rethinking our decision. We liked what they were offering but thought there was a better way to get started and get the bonus packages. I have a friend that is an owner and has been for an extremely long time but she doesn't have much information to offer me regarding making a more savvy decision. I want to make the smartest moves possible. We are worried, if we recind, BG may charge us and we do not want to throw our money away.

Can you offer us any help? Thank you for taking your time to help us.

D & J

BG won't charge you if you rescind within the legal cancellation period.
    They are a reputable company and will follow the law.

Read the documents you received and follow the directions to rescind.

We have a lot of good BG info here on the site, take your time reading and ask us any question you might have.
    We have lots of happy BG owners that would be happy to help you make an informed decision.
    Trust me that you can always go back later and re-purchase if you choose, but once your recession
    period is up that option won't be available to you anymore, so take your time and get educated on the BG system.

It's a great system and can provide you wonderful vacations for years to come, but you are definitely overpaying
    if you are buying from BG.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Please rescind! Your money will be refunded in full.

Follow the instructions in your documents, but generally you just need to write "We wish to rescind contract XXXX" with a date. And then have both of you sign it and then mail it USPS certified or registered, whichever your contract says, WITH A RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED.

Mail it immediately--today if you can.

Comment

Hi

Got your PM

I love Bluegreen points but did not buy retail.
        Please follow the directions exactly And rescind.
        You will get your money back. Bluegreen is a reputable company.
        You can buy points with all benefits from Pinnacle Vacations for $1.25 per point. Buy a 2,000 point contract and then add on resale points ( practically for free) and get all benefits.

Rescind today and do more research.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

In that you liked the idea, once you get done with the rescission come back and get into timesharing the frugal way.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
            Hi

Got your PM

I love Bluegreen points but did not buy retail.
            Please follow the directions exactly And rescind.
            You will get your money back. Bluegreen is a reputable company.
            You can buy points with all benefits from Pinnacle Vacations for $1.25 per point. Buy a 2,000 point contract and then add on resale points ( practically for free) and get all benefits.

Rescind today and do more research.
            Okay, I think we are in agreement to rescind.
            We intend to check out Pinnacle Vacations within a few moments. Would I buy a 2,000 point contract from Pinnacle? Where would you suggest that I look for BG resale points? If I go this route, can we still have the Bonus Time and Travellers Plus package?

Also, I saw a thread you replied to regarding the Location and Week that would be deeded to us and I guess this would be our "Home" resort. This was not made clear to us. We live in NC and visited VA. Gordonsville/Shenadoah is close enough but they did not list this as the deeded location. They gave us a location in Illinois. I did not realize that there was a significance until I read your post. I think I understand what you were saying but how do I assure that we get something closer to home in the future-or does this matter?

My friend introduced me to BG, I have enjoyed the accommodations and have found nothing really to complain about. We felt pressured to decide, like we had NO other choice if we walked out without committing. I have read a lot of negative posts about BG and I do not find them all to be fair or correct. We think would would really enjoy BG. We are just beginning to utilize vacation time for the true purpose. We would like our dollars to be spent on the things we get to do at the locations we visit.

Also, my friend is offering points at $1.50/pt. Is this fair or should I hold out for other opportunities? Thank you so much for ALL your help. I know it takes up your valuable time to assist the "New Comers" but hopefully we can "Pay It Forward".

Comment

I am looking at Pinnacle. How do I search for the points option instead of a specific week? We can not buy specific times-we need the flexibility of the points system.

Comment

Originally posted by ninjoe View Post
                I am looking at Pinnacle. How do I search for the points option instead of a specific week? We can not buy specific times-we need the flexibility of the points system.
                Give them a call and they will find you what you are looking for.

Glad you made the decision to rescind.
                Stick around here on our forum and we are happy to help you find something you will enjoy for years to come at a reasonable price.

Comment

Is Pinnacle the place to buy additional BG points or is there a better place to look?

Comment

there is a Facebook site where Bluegreen owners give away or sell their contracts. you will not gt bonus time anywhere but your home resort with these resales.

Comment

Okay, I think we are in agreement to rescind.
                      We intend to check out Pinnacle Vacations within a few moments. Would I buy a 2,000 point contract from Pinnacle? Where would you suggest that I look for BG resale points? If I go this route, can we still have the Bonus Time and Travellers Plus package?

Also, I saw a thread you replied to regarding the Location and Week that would be deeded to us and I guess this would be our "Home" resort. This was not made clear to us. We live in NC and visited VA. Gordonsville/Shenadoah is close enough but they did not list this as the deeded location. They gave us a location in Illinois. I did not realize that there was a significance until I read your post. I think I understand what you were saying but how do I assure that we get something closer to home in the future-or does this matter?

My friend introduced me to BG, I have enjoyed the accommodations and have found nothing really to complain about. We felt pressured to decide, like we had NO other choice if we walked out without committing. I have read a lot of negative posts about BG and I do not find them all to be fair or correct. We think would would really enjoy BG. We are just beginning to utilize vacation time for the true purpose. We would like our dollars to be spent on the things we get to do at the locations we visit.

Also, my friend is offering points at $1.50/pt. Is this fair or should I hold out for other opportunities? Thank you so much for ALL your help. I know it takes up your valuable time to assist the "New Comers" but hopefully we can "Pay It Forward".
                      Your friends deal at $1.50 is not good because buying resale from an individual does not get you charter benefits.
                      Only Pinnacle Vacations can off charter benefits on resale purchases at $1.25 per point.

When you look at their listings, look for this comment.
                      Comments: BLUEGREEN POINTS W/CHARTER BENEFITS
                      This will give you unlimited bonus time at all resorts and Travellers Plus.

If you are buying resale without the need for Travellers plus and bonus time at all resorts, it does matter where you buy.
                      Because then you can only book bonus time at that home resort.
                      I have a friend who is looking for contracts at Solara Surfside and the Fountains because that is where she would use bonus time.

The other reason for wanting ownership at a particular resort is because you want to use the underlying deeded week. I am currently closing on a contract bought thru Pinnacle which includes week 52 and 1 at La Cabana Aruba ..I am buying 25,000 points for $2,200 including closing costs. This deal does not include Charter Benefits (that would cost over $30,000) now, at 13 -11 months before travel, I can reserve my deeded week and unit.

But for your first purchase to get charter benefits, it doesn't matter where you are deeded, a point is a point. And once you have that status, any points added will have the same benefits.

HTH
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

But you sent your recission letter, right?

Comment

All Bluegreen points are deeded at a specific resort but points can be used at any of the resorts.
                          If buying with charter benefits, get the smallest package (usually 2,000) and then add another contract resale without charter benefits.

Is Pinnacle the place to buy additional BG points or is there a better place to look?
                          The important thing about adding additional points is to get the same trust fund. Most people prefer trust fund E because you only pay one base fee plus a per point fee.

And there are many places to get points, some for free or only the transfer fee.....

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                          there is a Facebook site where Bluegreen owners give away or sell their contracts. you will not gt bonus time anywhere but your home resort with these resales.
                          This is a good place to get points. You can also buy in eBay but please make sure to check that the trust fund matches your first contract.
                          And free giveaways can often be found here. http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55
                          And here in the Bargain Basement Points section. http://tug2.com/MarketplaceClassifie...1&PriceMax=500
                          And www.myresortnetwork.com
                          And www.redweek.com

Just remember that if you want all your points to have charter benefits, you MUST buy the package from Pinnacle with those benefits FIRST and then add your resale purchases.
                          GrayFal
                          Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                          Last edited by GrayFal; 05-22-2015, 08:30 AM. Reason: Because auto correct always wants to make POINTS.....pints!
                          Pat
                          *** My Website ***

Comment

Don't buy until you understand what you are buying. Just keep reading until you feel you understand the timeshare game. Until then rent your vacations from Bg owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just Purchased-Within Recission Period-Please Help-Got Questions

Originally posted by wwiggins View Post
                              Don't buy until you understand what you are buying. Just keep reading until you feel you understand the timeshare game. Until then rent your vacations from Bg owners.

Also very good advice.

Hi Wade!

Pat
                              *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                              X