Looking for resort reviews of BG (mostly) FL properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for resort reviews of BG (mostly) FL properties

I was wondering if anyone had some up to date reviews of the bluegreen resorts. These seem to be harder to come by. Any would be great, but specifically I am interested in (as i may try to purchase in these resorts):
    Tradewinds
    The Fountains
    Any of the Panama city FL resorts
    Laurel crest
    Mountainloft
    Petit Crest villas
    Casa del mar beach resort
    Shore crest vacation villas
    Thanks in advance ;p

Just was at the Tradewinds...review here

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...l=1#post583507

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/331543993671488/ Bluegreen Resort Addicts on Facebook post up to date reviews of these resorts ; it is a public group

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

The Fountains, Laurel Crest, and Casa Del Mar are all nice. The Fountains is a large resort, well kept, nice grounds, great pools. Once of the pools and clubhouse was closed for remodeling when I was there Oct2014. Laurel Crest is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Pigeon Forge. Just a little way off the main drag. Casa Del Mar was completely remodeled in the last couple of years. Can't beat right on the beach.

Comment

Forgot to mention that BG started remodeling the units at Laurel Crest last year. BG keeps all of their resorts nice and seems to remodel units more often that I think are needed.

Comment

thank you motomem, that is very helpful.

Comment

I've stayed at the Oasis Lakes portion of the Fountains which is the older buildings but they are really pretty nice.
                They had been recently remodeled when I stayed there.
                The resort is just as nice as any of the deluxe resorts in Orlando, maybe nicer.
                It's in a great location right on International Drive on the newer side near a Publix, Walgreens and Benihana right next door.
                They have an indoor and outdoor pool. Two beautiful lakes so many units have lake views.
                The newer building has Presidential units but to be honest the Oasis units looked just as nice if not better because of the better lake views.
                I did the timeshare tour while there and it was low key and I got free tickets to a dinner theatre for my group for an easy 2 hour early tour.
                It was literally a tour. They take you thru the newer units which is how I know that the Presidentials and the Oasis are on par so no need
                to upgrade unless you want your own pool table in the room or need the 4 bedroom. We had a 2 bedroom thru RCI with a resort certificate
                which means it was 10 TPU's or less for this unit since the resort certificates are equivalent to 10 TPU's according to one of the RCI guides.

A few pictures of my room in the Oasis Lakes section:

Comment

wow that is gorgerous! thank you ...

I had been wondering about the fountains and oasis lakes at the fountains. Are you allowed to use that giant pool at the fountains if your at oasis?

Comment

Originally posted by OldManBeholder View Post
                    wow that is gorgerous! thank you ...

I had been wondering about the fountains and oasis lakes at the fountains. Are you allowed to use that giant pool at the fountains if your at oasis?
                    Yes, you have access to the whole resort when you stay in Oasis Lakes section.
                    This is the pool for Oasis Lakes. You can see the rooms behind it.
                    They face the lake and it's an easy walk to this pool.
                    The sales rooms are also in this building.

Comment

Was your Oasis Lakes unit quiet, Chris? We stayed there right before the remodel and loved the unit, but those wood floors make me nervous about the noise aspect. My kids are older now so I don't worry so much about bugging someone else -- but I'm also older now, and don't really want to get woken up by a toddler running around upstairs!

Comment

To the OP:

We've stayed in Shore Crest I, the building on the ocean, and we thought it was pretty nice. The unit was a smallish (which I mostly noticed in the kitchen), ditto the parking slots, but I think that's pretty standard for ocean front units. Both are big enough to be functional (and I think there's parking over at Shore Crest II for larger vehicles -- we just had our mini van). The area it's in is a couple of miles from the strip in Downtown Myrtle Beach, and it's well off the main drag, so pretty quiet. Shore Crest II is across the street, and sometimes you can see fireworks from there over Barefoot Landing, which is a shopping mall with bars and Alligator Adventure and whatnot. I would not want to stay there without a car; I suppose you could walk to Barefoot Landing but I wouldn't want to, and there's not much of anything closer that I've noticed. Just other resorts, mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbitess View Post
                          Was your Oasis Lakes unit quiet, Chris? We stayed there right before the remodel and loved the unit, but those wood floors make me nervous about the noise aspect. My kids are older now so I don't worry so much about bugging someone else -- but I'm also older now, and don't really want to get woken up by a toddler running around upstairs!
                          I was there in early December which is way off season in Orlando and the kids were still in school so no noisy upstairs neighbors.
                          Those wood floors are on top of concrete so I doubt they'd be any worse than tile which is what you find in most places here in FL anyway.
                          It's not like wood floors in other parts of the country where you literally have wood under the wood.
                          We were on a higher floor. Not the top floor but maybe one below. Don't really remember now.

Comment

We have stayed at the Fountains about 10 times in the last 3 years (my daughter refers to it as our other home). We love staying there. The last time we were there, they originally put us in one of the buildings furthest away from the lake, that had not been remodeled. We asked to be moved and they were more than accommodating. The only complaint I have - if you are in one of the building in the center (I think it is 7, but it is diagonal from the building Chris has a picture of above), the noise level outside of people hanging out near the fire pit can get a bit loud. With smaller children trying to get to sleep, that may be an issue. Other than that, we plan to return in the near future and do not hesitate to recommend it to people that are heading to Orlando and don't have plans to stay on-site with either Disney or Universal.

Comment

Working...
                            X