Pinnacle new price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinnacle new price

You all have heard as of August 2015 Pinnacle is no longer selling qualified points for less than the resort sales department. You can still buy through pinnacle but at a price that mirrors the resort sales prices.

Originally posted by wwiggins View Post
    You all have heard as of August 2015 Pinnacle is no longer selling qualified points for less than the resort sales department. You can still buy through pinnacle but at a price that mirrors the resort sales prices.
    Not good news
    I saw something about this on the yahoo group but did not have time to wade thru all the threads.

I would say this is also not good news for Pinnacle as a company because they will see a decrease in their sales of qualified points. I mean, why would you bother? Unless you were looking for a specific deeded week, you would buy from BG direct.

Pinnacle will most likely just sell unqualified packages for a fraction of the qualified points price because there is no incentive to buy from them anymore, over Bluegreen direct.
    GrayFal
    Silver Contributor and supermoderator
    Last edited by GrayFal; 09-01-2015, 07:40 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Isnt Pinnacle owned by BlueGreen?

If thats the case this makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

This probably means the recession is over.
        It's a smart move by BG and could be a good thing long-term.
        Maybe its going to be the end of cheap points.

Comment

why is this good long term? people who have to get out of their ownership have absolutely no recourse except to give away. no resale value is why the timeshare business has a bad rep (in addition to the lies)

Comment

So being able to buy to buy qualified points cheap from Pinnacle improves the resale value.?
            I don't think so!
            People who buy cheap are happy to sell cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by stevec View Post
              This probably means the recession is over.
              It's a smart move by BG and could be a good thing long-term.
              Maybe its going to be the end of cheap points.
              It certainly could be a good thing (unless you are looking to buy qualified points for less)
              The market has seen the increase in Wyndham resales over the past few years for deeds with low Maint Fees.
              We could see the same with BG Points deeded at desire able properties such as Big Cedar, La Cabana, NOLA, South FL oceanfront, etc. for both underlying deeded weeks and bonus time opportunities.

Both Wyndham and Bluegreen embrace "a point is a point" mantra but smart owners know what is backing the point is what makes it more valuable.
              Pat
              *** My Website ***

Comment

you can't sell Bluegreen for cheap right now, you have to give it away. On a Facebook group, there is a daily post to give away Bluegreen. When people ask about selling, their options are usually give it away or try to sell through Pinnacle. I don't think the Pinnacle option will work, why would anyone give them the same price as Bluegreen when Bluegreen can throw in all the extras. I am talking about people who need to get out of their timeshare, they have no options but to give it away .When Bluegreen took away benefits of resale several years ago, several people here cheered, but that ended the resale market for Bluegreen. It will be the end of cheap points, but it won't be the end of free points.

Comment

K
                  Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                  you can't sell Bluegreen for cheap right now, you have to give it away. On a Facebook group, there is a daily post to give away Bluegreen. When people ask about selling, their options are usually give it away or try to sell through Pinnacle. I don't think the Pinnacle option will work, why would anyone give them the same price as Bluegreen when Bluegreen can throw in all the extras. I am talking about people who need to get out of their timeshare, they have no options but to give it away .When Bluegreen took away benefits of resale several years ago, several people here cheered, but that ended the resale market for Bluegreen. It will be the end of cheap points, but it won't be the end of free points.
                  As an owner, I disagree with (some of) your post. Where are your points deeded?

Edit. To clarify, I think the people with the biggest difficulties with the system are those that were inticed by the system but only could afford to buy 6,000 EOY points. The smaller contracts are pretty much the ones you see being given away without takers. They are just too small to even take a week someplace in season and this leads to owner dissatisfaction. Yes, I know you can post examples of bigger amounts being given away as well but if you know how to work within the system, it can work for you.
                  GrayFal
                  Silver Contributor and supermoderator
                  Last edited by GrayFal; 09-01-2015, 09:14 AM.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

you feel that you can resell your points when time comes you will no longer timeshare or when you have more than you can use? I don't see where I said there is difficulty with the system, I said there is difficulty with resales, and that just made it harder.
                    someone was just told at an update that his resale points can only be used for white and blue weeks. is this a new change too

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                      K

As an owner, I disagree with (some of) your post. Where are your points deeded?

Edit. To clarify, I think the people with the biggest difficulties with the system are those that were inticed by the system but only could afford to buy 6,000 EOY points. The smaller contracts are pretty much the ones you see being given away without takers. They are just too small to even take a week someplace in season and this leads to owner dissatisfaction. Yes, I know you can post examples of bigger amounts being given away as well but if you know how to work within the system, it can work for you.
                      The pinnacle increase is going to hurt these owners very small points owners the most. A 6000 EOY at $3750 with Charter benefits would sell. Pinnacle would get their $2000 or so and the owner would net $1000-$1500. The new owner would get system wide bonus time and then could add additional non qualified points. Now the 6000 EOY package just won't sell at $9000 for qualified points and $0 for non qualified.

I don't think the price increase means anything for selling BG points in general. It was just a way for the developer to cut off an avenue to purchase cheaper small packages to get into the system with qualified points.

Comment

someone was just told at an update that his resale points can only be used for white and blue weeks. is this a new change too
                        As owners know, this is a lie told by Sales Staff.
                        They have no conscious
                        Pat
                        *** My Website ***

Comment

also told one resale buyer they did not belong to RCI and needed to buy more points n order to do so. Who knows, they could add these rules too. I do thin Sally Hoover's point is correct

Comment

The reason the resale market crashed is supply and demand.
                            Too many sellers not enough buyers.
                            Maybe this will change in the future, who knows ?
                            Personally I never bought anything I couldn't afford.
                            Its a pity other people aren't too bright.

Comment

also told one resale buyer they did not belong to RCI and needed to buy more points n order to do so. Who knows, they could add these rules too. t
                              Again, more lies they tell to uninformed owners to "scare" them into buying.

When this occurs or you see this posted by others on the groups you participate in, encourage them to call Bluegreen and verify what was said....and more importantly to report these liars to the Bluegreen Corporation. .

I am not saying that BG can't change the rules/terms of our ownership, but as they did when they initiated the "10 reservations at a time in one region" rule, they notify owners of the changes via email and the website.

I value your opinion as an active board member here, but I did not think that you owned Bluegreen Points and are getting your information second hand. Please correct me if I am wrong.
                              Pat
                              *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                              X